Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 09:10 PM

104 posts, read 141,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Attractive women have more options, but those options aren't necessarily good. Honestly, after age 22, I haven't seen a lot of "hot" women that were single long enough for a random good-guy to approach. They either find some tall dude that looks like Ted McGinley from 'Revenge of the Nerds' or they end up dating a new guy every three weeks in search of Prince Charming.

I have a co-worker that's quite attractive, intelligent and sweet. She's probably the best looking girl in our department and yet she's the only single woman.
Thank you! That's my point. Attractive women have more options but quantity does not=quality. I believe average looking women probably get less dates but more quality men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 09:12 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
Thank you! That's my point. Attractive women have more options but quantity does not=quality. I believe average looking women probably get less dates but more quality men.
To your point, I'd probably be more inclined to pursue the average girl assuming there'd be less drama with her. I'm sure I'm probably overgeneralizing though.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
How so? Why would an average looking woman get more quality men than an attractive woman?

Old 10-14-2014, 09:29 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Quote:
Some, guys are here have stated they will sleep with ugly or average women, but only because they like sex, and average-looking is bound to have less options, thus more chances for her not saying "no", as far as some guys feel.

Pretty women have issues. But so do average women. Different issues, but issues nonetheless. You see average people who have been single all their life, and pretty people who always get attention from higher tier men. Then you also have the reverse.

SO, as Dew said, it boils down to how you carry yourself, and how well you weed out the low-lives.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
How so? Why would an average looking woman get more quality men than an attractive woman?
Because average women aren't approached as often based solely on their looks alone. Most of my friends who would probably be considered average met through being set up by friends, work (i.e. getting to know someone over time), a club of some sort where they shared some sort of mutual interests (i.e. sports league, ski club, cooking class). Not that attractive women don't meet men the same way, but they may also get approached more often by men who know absolutely nothing about them but are interested in getting to know her because he is attracted to her...therefore there may be a greater quantity of men approaching these women but they are not necessarily the RIGHT type of men for her or what she's looking for (i.e. the random cashier at the store, the teller at the bank, the bus driver who know absolutely nothing about her, etc...).

Old 10-14-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Some, guys are here have stated they will sleep with ugly or average women, but only because they like sex, and average-looking is bound to have less options, thus more chances for her not saying "no", as far as some guys feel.

Pretty women have issues. But so do average women. Different issues, but issues nonetheless. You see average people who have been single all their life, and pretty people who always get attention from higher tier men. Then you also have the reverse.

SO, as Dew said, it boils down to how you carry yourself, and how well you weed out the low-lives.
Exactly, but attractive women are going to have more low lives to weed out.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:38 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Quote:
Because average women aren't approached as often based solely on their looks alone. Most of my friends who would probably be considered average met through being set up by friends, work (i.e. getting to know someone over time), a club of some sort where they shared some sort of mutual interests (i.e. sports league, ski club, cooking class). Not that attractive women don't meet men the same way, but they may also get approached more often by men who know absolutely nothing about them but are interested in getting to know her because he is attracted to her...therefore there may be a greater quantity of men approaching these women but they are not necessarily the RIGHT type of men for her or what she's looking for (i.e. the random cashier at the store, the teller at the bank, the bus driver who know absolutely nothing about her, etc...).
I get approached by that. I consider myself average. I am popular with old men, always was. I have been approached by a bum on a bike who randomly asked for my number. I doubt he even had a phone. I was at the doctor just yesterday, and an old man with a cane certainly found me interesting-to the point of changing seats to stare at me. When I was in HS a guy who was like 20, and still in HS approached, trying to flirt. I never had to "weed." The guys who approach me are no good just from looking, and their creepy actions.

Average or hot has nothing to do with random men you don't like approaching. It's just some men will approach anything for a shot, either for a relationship, or sex. Average women get used as much as hot women in regards to sex.

And you could say average women will have it harder because the guys who approach will be the bad boys and losers, who think because she's eh in looks, she'll take anything that approaches. But you can't argue who has it easier indefinitely, because it's an individual issue.

Last edited by HappyRain; 10-14-2014 at 09:47 PM..

Old 10-14-2014, 09:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Attraction is in the eyes of the beholder, but here goes my liking. I have lots of attraction towards tall & well built women with gente facial features & sexy arms.

But more than looks, I expect them to have a good personality and respect my policy of remaining a vegetarian teetotaler due to religious reasons. They can drink and eat meat, but shouldnt pressure me to breach the bounds.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
You still haven't given me any reason to think that attractive women would have fewer quality men interested in them than average women.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:08 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,976 times
Quote:
Why?
2. The ratio to worthy to unworthy guys approaching her is 50:1....think I'm exaggerating?
Yes, I think you are exaggerating. About everything. Epic Fail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships