Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 09:57 PM

7 posts, read 5,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Do you have social issues or anxieties? I only ask because it seems obvious to me that you do but I wonder if you are aware of it yourself.

And it doesn't take "years" to meet and marry someone.
Yes, I have social anxiety. I get really shaky when I'm dealing with new emotions and situations. Not cool and collected at all. I am very awkward most of the time. I also deal with psychological problems. When I was younger a profit said I would give another guy a chance to date my wife and then some things would follow. When I went outside to think about it before I left, one of the reasons I left is because I didn't want to mess with the things that would follow due to me leaving. The things that happened afterwards were not good at all but I let that profit define that moment and gave the guy the upper hand the very moment I walked out of that door.

Last edited by person27; 10-14-2014 at 10:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 10:06 PM

10,931 posts, read 11,691,276 times
Yes, these things can be very distressing.

Are you under the care of a physician?

If so, it is important to tell them about this episode, just as you have told us.

If not, you may wish to consult one to help control some aspects of your health.

The best of luck to you.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:08 PM

7 posts, read 5,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Yes, these things can be very distressing.

Are you under the care of a physician?

If so, it is important to tell them about this episode, just as you have told us.

If not, you may wish to consult one to help control some aspects of your health.

The best of luck to you.
I have a psychiatrist and a therapist.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:18 AM

4,290 posts, read 3,999,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person27 View Post
Hello, this may have some spiritual content that is related to the christian belief.

I felt like I was suppose to pursue this girl at my church and I it was working flawlessly, I had an opportunity to get intimate with her once(not sex) but i wanted to wait until we were in a social gathering, so I would confirm that i was making the right choice. So along comes a fourth of July party where we would hang out all day and then we would go watch fireworks. How perfect does that sound to start off a relationship?

Anyway apparently I was making another guy jealous because he must have disliked the idea of me dating this girl. Probably an ego thing and I didn't have the greatest job and i had a pretty shaky past which kind of made me feel somewhat insecure. Well, I was going to go inside put my arm around her and let her know that I was still interested but, this guy was in there and he is a lot more socially equipped than I was and he was slowly moving his hand towards her, and she was kind of moving her hand towards his.

I was very taken aback by this and since I was so insecure I went outside to think. Well there was this prophesy that profit prophesied over my life and he said I would leave and let another guy peruse my future wife. I should of just ignored that and stayed at the party but I was so unequipped to handle the situation because I didn't know that I needed fight for her.

So I decided to leave (one of my biggest regrets up to this moment) which I knew the moment I walked out the door that was a mistake. So later that night I kind of just forgot it was the forth of July and did my normal routine and lay in my bed. This is where I might lose some of you but bear with me. As I was laying in my bed I believe an angle came to my room and I'm not lying it felt like my growing was inside of a woman.

The reason this happened is because that night that guy took the party to a place to watch the fireworks and apparently got really close to her I believe what God was showing me is that she will be my wife. So the perfect day that I had to seal the deal with her, I gave it to another guy and I know the moment I felt my what I think was an angle I know I had missed my opportunity , and the only reason God would show me that in such a manner is because I would have to wait a long time to where she would be open to me pursuing her again.

Since I had already started to peruse her,her guard was down and she was ready to be courted but the other guy got to experience a romantic moment with her since he was more experienced at how to peruse her and I gave him the perfect opportunity and he capitalized big time and it;s already been a year and the way a look at it is that this is a year I could of experienced with her if I just didn't leave.
Ooooh that is much better phew, I did it to read. But still I don't understand what you want to say in last paras. This is a bits of mine, if she meant to be your wife then her hand wont go around some one, so the do heart. I am sure you will have a good wife. Talk to the priest about an angel. All the best!

Old 10-15-2014, 07:36 AM

833 posts, read 655,322 times
Quote:
In my late 20's. Does anybody something helpful to say? Trust me Ive blown this way out of the water in the past. I'm not good at being the strong silent type when it comes to this stuff. I break down really easily, it's one of my many weaknesses.
People is general are critical and on anonymous forums they get friskier with showing their true side.

As for your qu, I think have full faith in divine powers and do not worry over matters that are in the past. I don't think you and that girl were meant to be together. But don't let that experience taint your future dealings with the opposite sex. You seem like a good person and I wish you much success.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:41 AM

545 posts, read 630,630 times
Take some martial arts classes. At least start going to the gym.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:31 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
I think the ONLY way to overcome your anxiety is to get some closure. If you really want her, ask her out. At this moment, you have nothing to lose.

Stop thinking about other guy, or her feeling about you. Ask her out and go from there.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:43 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,615,274 times
Was it an acute angle, a right angle or an obtuse angle? Inquiring minds must know.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:51 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
Quote:
In my late 20's. Does anybody something helpful to say? Trust me Ive blown this way out of the water in the past. I'm not good at being the strong silent type when it comes to this stuff. I break down really easily, it's one of my many weaknesses.
Please don't write a love letter to her.

Yep! You mist a gud opertunity.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:53 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times
Quote:
I have a psychiatrist and a therapist.
Shut the front door!!!! You can spell those words but mess up on Angles? Come on!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships