Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 08:34 PM

7 posts, read 5,470 times

Advertisements

Hello, this may have some spiritual content that is related to the christian belief.

I felt like I was suppose to pursue this girl at my church and I it was working flawlessly, I had an opportunity to get intimate with her once(not sex) but i wanted to wait until we were in a social gathering so I would confirm that i was making the right choice. So along comes a fourth of July party where we would hang out all day and then we would go watch fireworks. How perfect does that sound to start off a relationship? Anyway apparently I was making another guy jealous because he must have disliked the idea of me dating this girl. Probably an ego thing and I didn't have the greatest job and i had a pretty shaky past which kind of made me feel somewhat insecure. Well, i was going to go inside put my arm around her and let her know that i was still interested but, this guy was in there and he is a lot more socially equipped than i was and he was slowly moving his hand towards hers and she was kind of moving her hand towards his. I was very taken aback by this and since I was so insecure i went outside to think. Well there was this prophesy that profit prophesied over my life and he said I would leave and let another guy peruse my future wife. I should of just ignored that and stayed at the party but i was so unequipped to handle the situation because I didn't know that I needed fight for her. So I decided to leave (one of my biggest regrets up to this moment) which I knew the moment I walked out the door that was a mistake. So later that night I kindof just forgot it was the forth of July and did my normal routine and layed in my bed. This is where I might lose some of you but bear with me. As I was laying in my bed I believe an angle came to my room and I'm not lying it felt like my growing was inside of a woman. The reason this happened is because that night that guy took the party to a place to watch the fireworks and apparently got really close to her I believe what God was showing me is that she will be my wife. So the perfect day that I had to seal the deal with her I gave it to another guy and I know the moment I felt my what I think was an angle I know I had missed my opportunity and the only reason God would show me that in such a manner is because I would have to wait a long time to where she would be open to me pursuing her again. Since I had already started to peruse her,her guard was down and she was ready to be courted but the other guy got to experience a romantic moment with her since he was more experienced at how to peruse her and I gave him the perfect opportunity and he capitalized big time and it;s already been a year and the way a look at it is that this is a year I could of experienced with her if I just didn't leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 08:38 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,425 times
Maybe she just wasn't the one for you and God has someone else planned for your future.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:40 PM

61,706 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Good grief!! Ask your angel for guidance. Or talk with a priest.....

Old 10-14-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

yeah I totally over think it. I just get so jealous it's a personality flaw.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:59 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
How old are you?

Old 10-14-2014, 09:05 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

Please ask them to also help you form paragraphs and use proper spelling as well.

I have doubts about God showing you that you missed your opportunity, since God is God, even if we as humans mess up some part of the original plan God will adapt the plan and make it even better.
There is no real missed opportunity because God does not miss anything or make mistakes, only humans have those particular gifts.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How old are you?
In my late 20's. Does anybody something helpful to say? Trust me Ive blown this way out of the water in the past. I'm not good at being the strong silent type when it comes to this stuff. I break down really easily, it's one of my many weaknesses.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:36 PM

894 posts, read 1,050,425 times
I think it might be more important to ask yourself why you're so invested in a girl you were never really in a relationship with when there are millions of single women out there. It wasn't meant to be. Forget about her and move on.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigureMeOut View Post
I think it might be more important to ask yourself why you're so invested in a girl you were never really in a relationship with when there are millions of single women out there. It wasn't meant to be. Forget about her and move on.

I've known her for years. Thats why this frustrates me so much. I had already had her friendship. I just don't want to have to start all over and have to wait years before I get another chance with whomever.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:49 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Do you have social issues or anxieties? I only ask because it seems obvious to me that you do but I wonder if you are aware of it yourself.

And it doesn't take "years" to meet and marry someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships