Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 02:25 PM

663 posts, read 778,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
But if you wait until you're in your mid 40s and find that you're having difficulty attracting women of childbearing age, maybe it's time to give up that idea unless you'd rather be single than with someone your own age.
Isn't that kind of like saying,

But if you wait until you're in your 30s and find that you're having difficulty attracting decent men with decent income, maybe it's time to give up that idea unless you'd rather be single than with someone you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Every man who wants a younger woman thinks he looks better than women his own age. But anyways, good luck in your search in finding a woman to have kids with if that's what you really want.
Isn't that also kind of like saying every woman wants a man with higher income, taller than she is. But anyways, good luck in your search in finding a man if that's what you really want.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:28 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post

But if you wait until you're in your 30s and find that you're having difficulty attracting decent men with decent income, maybe it's time to give up that idea unless you'd rather be single than with someone you want.
Only if "someone you want" could be a non-decent man with non-decent income.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:34 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Isn't that also kind of like saying every woman wants a man with higher income, taller than she is. But anyways, good luck in your search in finding a man if that's what you really want.
Ok, well since you edited this, you could say good luck regardless of what the person is looking for. If a woman is having trouble finding a taller man with higher income, she can accept that she may need to look elsewhere or stay single if she'll accept nothing less.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:40 PM

295 posts, read 307,149 times
Quote:

What exactly is a decent man in your opinion? I couldn't care less about his income...

Quote:
Don't care about his income. Don't care about his height.

You can see where this is going right?
Why should a young woman rush into marriage, whereas the man has the right to wait until he reaches the ripe old age of 40?

Old 10-16-2014, 02:45 PM

138 posts, read 171,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post
What exactly is a decent man in your opinion? I couldn't care less about his income...

Why should a young woman rush into marriage, whereas the man has the right to wait until he reaches the ripe old age of 40?
'Cause all the 40 year old women have been married for 15 years at this point to guys that are now 55. so clearly they better hurry up and get with the 40 years old dudes.

Also, c'mon, income matters a little bit right? You don't want a guy that makes minimum wage working part time at a pizza place or something do you? Just sayin'......

Old 10-16-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post

where did i advocate a woman should rush into marriage?

Old 10-16-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr800-cr250 View Post
'Cause all the 40 year old women have been married for 15 years at this point to guys that are now 55. so clearly they better hurry up and get with the 40 years old dudes.
*ugh*, makes me shiver.

Quote:
Also, c'mon, income matters a little bit right? You don't want a guy that makes minimum wage working part time at a pizza place or something do you? Just sayin'......
nah, not to me. I'm romantic.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:

see above!

But, even though it might be your wish, a decent woman won't have problems attracting decent men... even if she is above 30.

... above 30!!! Damn, that's freakin' old!

Old 10-16-2014, 02:56 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Yeah, I've figured it out. Low motivation.

Things are good. I spent many years alternately being unhappy and "content," and only a few years ago, things ratcheted up to "happy." I've settled into who I am, and I'm doing my own thing. I have a lot of close, long-lasting relationships in my life with friends and family, and my time is pretty spoken for. Between my career, working with my dog, my writing, my house and the people I already have in my life, I have very little breathing room.

My primary motivation for a relationship is sex - I don't need companionship or emotional support, and I certainly don't need anyone to combine finances with. And while sex is one of my favorite things, it doesn't drive my life decisions. Hell, I've got a vibrator, and while that's not ideal, it sure gets the job done.

There have been a few guys who have wanted a relationship with me, but I wasn't feeling the same. And there have been a few guys I wanted to explore a relationship with, but they didn't feel the same. C'est la vie. I'm not holding out for "Mr. Perfect." My requirements are minimal - I don't care much about money or looks beyond that a guy be self-supporting and that he's not morbidly obese. But attraction and how our personalities mesh... those are things that can't be predicted or quantified. Those things are the hard part.

I AM holding out for "Mr. Perfect For Me." My parents' unhappy 25-year marriage showed me how being with the wrong person can blight your happiness, and someone else close to me is now faced with rebuilding her life from scratch after the man she put her faith and love into for 2 decades basically betrayed her on every level. I'm not screwing up the good thing I've got going on, and if "Mr. Perfect For Me" never shows up, I'm gonna be just fine.

Yeah, there are always the folks that come out swinging with "You'll be alone with your cats!" or something like that. Pffft. We all die alone. There's nothing scary about that, and I think it reveals more about the speaker's insecurities and personal fears than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships