Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2014, 01:26 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times

Advertisements

I've rehired a matchmaking service. They were useless the last time I hired them. Hoping they do better this time, but have my doubts. I've been thinking about getting back with the ex-girlfriend. I know that would be a bad move, but 2 months removed and no prospects make me consider it. Anyway, not for a lack of trying that I'm still alone. Its age and location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 01:30 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I've rehired a matchmaking service. They were useless the last time I hired them. Hoping they do better this time, but have my doubts. I've been thinking about getting back with the ex-girlfriend. I know that would be a bad move, but 2 months removed and no prospects make me consider it. Anyway, not for a lack of trying that I'm still alone. Its age and location.
Do yourself a favor, don't get back with an ex out of boredom. If you just want to have sex, than proceed at your own risk. The problems will only escalate if you get back with her, because no one else wanted you.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:31 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
I'd say it's age + your preference for women who want kids, which leads you to look for women significantly younger than you. Don't write off women closer to your age, the 40- and 41-year-old women. There's still time for them, if they're into having kids.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Do yourself a favor, don't get back with an ex out of boredom. If you just want to have sex, than proceed at your own risk. The problems will only escalate if you get back with her, because no one else wanted you.
It would not be because of boredom. I question whether breaking up was the right thing. Also, thanks for saying nobody else wants me. Appreciate that. Anyway, I get what you're saying, and that would be a first for me to get back with an ex. I never have done that before.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:54 PM

783 posts, read 849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
That's why I posted here

But no, I did have a best male friend who would usually be the best person to give me insight on this type of thing. Unfortunately we're not friends anymore as of a few months ago He would have definitely given me some great insight.
Let me guess. He had romantic aspirations for you but you didn't for him. That is the most common reason why men stop being friends with a woman, when he realizes he won't get out of the friend zone. I find it impossible to be friends with a woman that I am attracted to.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:55 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Wow, no prospects in 2 whole months?? That's not a long time at all.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I was thinking the same thing. It's not all that realistic to expect to jump into another relationship just 2 months after breaking one off.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
It would not be because of boredom. I question whether breaking up was the right thing. Also, thanks for saying nobody else wants me. Appreciate that. Anyway, I get what you're saying, and that would be a first for me to get back with an ex. I never have done that before.
You misunderstood the post. Weezer was saying you'd be getting back with the ex for the wrong reason. You're the one who said no one wanted you, in 2 months' time. Getting back with her just because you couldn't find anyone in a 2-month period is the wrong reason. You even said yourself it would be a bad move.

OTOH, if you're getting back with her because you thought maybe it was a mistake to break it off in the first place, that's a different matter. Do you even know if she would agree to try again? Maybe that option doesn't exist.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Thats not the issue. I'm thinking its 2 months on the way to 2 years or more. I go a long time between girlfriends because of my age now, and where I live. In 2 years, I might be able to move to a big city out of the bible belt.

Probably not an option to get back with the ex. She was critical and nothing was ever good enough. It would probably be foolish, and I don't think she would unless she thought I was going to kiss her a*s, which I won't do unless I do something wrong.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:30 PM

4,221 posts, read 4,741,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Let me guess. He had romantic aspirations for you but you didn't for him. That is the most common reason why men stop being friends with a woman, when he realizes he won't get out of the friend zone. I find it impossible to be friends with a woman that I am attracted to.

Damn you're good. To answer your question, yes. After being friends for 14 years I guess he couldn't take it anymore. I thought he was bluffing, but apparently not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships