Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 04:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times

Advertisements

So you snooped on his computer and found out something you don't like. Now you're using that to sabotage your relationship. He had every right to date whomever he wanted to, when you break up with someone you don't get to choose who they'll date after you. So grow up and either accept he wants to be with you or continue your angst and self doubt about his intentions for your future and ruin the whole thing, it's your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 04:04 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasangre View Post
I don't know, for me it's just like... hooking up with an ex is not the same as a rebound with a random person.
And it won't just once, for me it looked like there were kinda dating again.
I fear there might still have been feelings, or otherwise why didn't he just hook up with a random girl from a bar or whatever..
So what if they were? It didn't last long.

It is normal to still have feelings for someone if you genuinely cared for them. The feelings don't stop just because the relationship is over. Caring about someone and wanting to be with them are two entirely different things.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:07 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
So you snooped on his computer and found out something you don't like. Now you're using that to sabotage your relationship. He had every right to date whomever he wanted to, when you break up with someone you don't get to choose who they'll date after you. So grow up and either accept he wants to be with you or continue your angst and self doubt about his intentions for your future and ruin the whole thing, it's your choice.
End of thread. OP, quit whining and make a decision whether you can handle this or not. Sorry to be harsh, but My God.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:07 PM

13 posts, read 18,094 times
Quote:

I didn't "snoop", I was looking for an email he sent me (with his permission) and saw his ex name popping up several times.. Once the subject was 'I love you very much' (from her).. that's a thing you directly see without clicking on the email.. but after seeing this come on, show me one person who would't have clicked.

HE broke up with ME and went to hear just a short time later. I think I'm worried he still might have feelings for her.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:11 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Do you trust him moving forward in this relationship. That's what matters.

Forget the past, and accept the fact that he wants to be with you from now onwards (not the other girl).

Old 10-15-2014, 04:15 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:

Perfect. And I wish others would understand this! When people are no longer together, what they do and with who is no longer any of your business. Move on and find somebody else yourself. You will be much happier for it.

If it didn't work the first time, most likely it never will. People just love to keep banging their heads against the wall. Take it as a sign that it wasn't meant to be.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:15 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
I think there's something you don't trust about this big turnaround in his behavior and you're looking for reasons. You supposedly got EXACTLY what you wanted from him...but now you're suspicious. You don't even know exactly what went on (or didn't go on) between them while you were broken up. Maybe he got with her because it was EASY to get with her...who cares? Now he wants you. I think you got a little more than you bargained for and now you're scared. So, don't buy a house with him IF he moves. Or don't move with him IF he moves. Why don't you concentrate on today and whether he stays committed to you and doing the things you like? Let him continue to prove himself...or blow this all out of proportion and just break up with him for good now - your choice.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:21 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Open your eyes. You can say you accidentally came across this email, I highly doubt it. Something in your gutt doesn't trust him. Trust your gutt.

You simply cannot be upset about anything that happened while you were broken up.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I think there's something you don't trust about this big turnaround in his behavior and you're looking for reasons.
No, actually not at all, this is why it hit me so hard seeing those emails this morning. I was and am really happy that he seems to be a changed man who wants commitment etc and everything seemed to be just great. And then seeing this.. well.

The only thing I might think of is that I still haven't talked to him about marriage and kids... I know, it shouldn't be like this after two years together but he never brought it up and neither did I. Should I? I mean after all it's a big deal for me. But I don't know if it might be to soon after being back together just six weeks and after seeing the emails today..

Old 10-15-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Open your eyes. You can say you accidentally came across this email, I highly doubt it. Something in your gutt doesn't trust him. Trust your gutt.

You simply cannot be upset about anything that happened while you were broken up.

Believe it or not, it was accidental. I never read any emails, Whatsapp or whatever of him before. I already explained before why I did now. I do trust him. And yes, I am THAT upset, even if it's hard for some people to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships