Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 08:35 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I had a date with a woman this saturday and I sent a text around 1pm saying........."how are you doing today? So we will be meeting for lunch this saturday right?

No response at all for 3 hours and then all of a sudden I got this text........"sorry I been feeling like crap today" Then I told her to feel better and then she said........"We may have to take a rain check on saturday"

I didn't send another response because the fact that she was cancelling a date 3 days from now made me instantly know that she made plans with someone else. So I didn't send anymore responses and deleted her number and will try to come up with a quick back up plan for saturday. The way it looks now I wont' be able to but I do have plans to meet someone early friday evening and Monday of next week. So my saturday will be wide open.

I want to start scheduling to meet two woman on the same day so I will have a backup plan but I don't get to talk to that many women. I guess I should be glad she sent that text today instead of saturday morning lol
However you are not old enough to know that you that the words "may" and "rain check" in the following sentence, "We may have to take a rain check" means she hasn't totally written you off. Had you shown concern and interest, the odds are good, that she would have rescheduled the date with you. The important question is, when will you be old enough to go with the flow? I wonder how many opportunities you've missed due to your now or never attitude? Something is horribly wrong with the man in Philly, and only he can fix it.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:50 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
However you are not old enough to know that you that the words "may" and "rain check" in the following sentence, "We may have to take a rain check" means she hasn't totally written you off. Had you shown concern and interest, the odds are good, that she would have rescheduled the date with you. The important question is, when will you be old enough to go with the flow? I wonder how many opportunities you've missed due to your now or never attitude? Something is horribly wrong with the man in Philly, and only he can fix it.
"May" and "rain check" could have meant she wasn't sure how she'd feel and didn't want to completely surprise the OP by cancelling last minute... this is true too. I still kind of have doubts based on my own experience with men flaking on me, but like I said, even though I tend to think she's canceled there is always the very real chance she hasn't and that she's being 100% upfront and honest. And if that's the case, he's basically writing off a considerate woman. It's no skin off the OP's nose, money out of his pocket, time lost... just to wait and see. Don't burn the bridge on a guess.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:12 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
I had a date with a woman this saturday and I sent a text around 1pm saying........."how are you doing today? So we will be meeting for lunch this saturday right?

No response at all for 3 hours and then all of a sudden I got this text........"sorry I been feeling like crap today" Then I told her to feel better and then she said........"We may have to take a rain check on saturday"

I didn't send another response because the fact that she was cancelling a date 3 days from now made me instantly know that she made plans with someone else. So I didn't send anymore responses and deleted her number and will try to come up with a quick back up plan for saturday. The way it looks now I wont' be able to but I do have plans to meet someone early friday evening and Monday of next week. So my saturday will be wide open.

I want to start scheduling to meet two woman on the same day so I will have a backup plan but I don't get to talk to that many women. I guess I should be glad she sent that text today instead of saturday morning lol
Dude. There's been a virus going around; I was in bed for three weeks.

Since you are this sensitive (judging by all your posts), maybe you shouldn't be dating at all right now. You should be learning to love yourself first.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:26 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Call her and ask her how she is doing and be GENUINELY concerned.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:29 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:

What world do you live in that people don't get sick? *especially* this time of year.

Everybody I work for has been sick. It's going around. Maybe she was actually being CONSIDERATE of you by not wanting to spread her germs to you.

It sounds like you didn't like her much anyway.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-16-2014, 09:33 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
She might have Ebola and is dead by now.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:23 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
She might have Ebola and is dead by now.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:31 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
What world do you live in that people don't get sick? *especially* this time of year.

Everybody I work for has been sick. It's going around. Maybe she was actually being CONSIDERATE of you by not wanting to spread her germs to you.

It sounds like you didn't like her much anyway.

20yrsinBranson

Did you know that sickness and family are the most frequent used excuses to get out of a date?

Old 10-16-2014, 10:31 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
It's possible that your response, telling her to feel better instead of asking what was wrong, is why she cancelled the date. She may be looking for someone with more empathy or politeness.
That's a good point, but in my head, asking "what's wrong" as in, specifics of an illness, might come across as too prying or personal at that early stage.

Simply "wow, I hope you feel better. Let me know if there's anything I could do" might be best.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:32 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,600,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
We don't know if she is necessarily blowing you off. Perhaps, she really didn't feel good. At least she got back to you. You telling her to feel better in my honest opinion was being nice/ caring. You didn't do anything wrong, but if you really want to know if she was blowing you off, just ask her. Did she not want to reschedule? That to me would show whether she is or isn't interested. But if you didn't give her that chance, just call her. Stop with the texting people. So lame. Call her and talk to her.

There is a chance she has some chronic illness, and when it flares up, it lasts a while, and she knows this.

Also a chance (better one) that she's not into you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships