Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 05:48 AM

94 posts, read 102,019 times

Advertisements

Summary of my situation- Met a guy OLD, he messaged me first and we messaged on and off for about 2 weeks, then we moved to texting and texted for a few days. He asked me out, we went on a date. I feel that I was suuuuper awkward, both because it was my first OLD experience so I felt awkward, plus I'm just shy in general and it takes me awhile to open up. I'm bummed that I feel like I messed it up, because he was so nice and cute and I really wish I could see him again. The night of the date, afterwards we exchanged a few texts (he asked if I got home okay, I thanked him, we exchanged a few links to songs that we had talked about). The next day, nothing. The following day, I figured I would make an attempt, so I texted him with a random question relevant to the day/something we had talked about. He replied, and then a few minutes later he sent a second text saying that one of the songs that I sent him had been stuck in his head, I replied to that, and then nothing the rest of that day, or yesterday. So unfortunately, I think that I was too awkward and he is fading me out. One of my friends said that it didn't seem so bad, and he has said more than necessary, but I think that he is just being nice. It is a big change from doing a lot of texting before the date. So yeah, my question...is it weird if I make another attempt, and if so what kind and when, or should I just move on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 05:51 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Ask him out.

If he declines, you know.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 10-16-2014 at 06:03 AM..

Old 10-16-2014, 06:00 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
Yeah, you have nothing to lose by suggesting that the two of you get together again.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:43 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsEnvy View Post
Summary of my situation- Met a guy OLD, he messaged me first and we messaged on and off for about 2 weeks, then we moved to texting and texted for a few days. He asked me out, we went on a date. I feel that I was suuuuper awkward, both because it was my first OLD experience so I felt awkward, plus I'm just shy in general and it takes me awhile to open up. I'm bummed that I feel like I messed it up, because he was so nice and cute and I really wish I could see him again. The night of the date, afterwards we exchanged a few texts (he asked if I got home okay, I thanked him, we exchanged a few links to songs that we had talked about). The next day, nothing. The following day, I figured I would make an attempt, so I texted him with a random question relevant to the day/something we had talked about. He replied, and then a few minutes later he sent a second text saying that one of the songs that I sent him had been stuck in his head, I replied to that, and then nothing the rest of that day, or yesterday. So unfortunately, I think that I was too awkward and he is fading me out. One of my friends said that it didn't seem so bad, and he has said more than necessary, but I think that he is just being nice. It is a big change from doing a lot of texting before the date. So yeah, my question...is it weird if I make another attempt, and if so what kind and when, or should I just move on?
Will you just pick up the phone and talk to him. Sheesh!

Old 10-16-2014, 09:06 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
THIS^^^^^^^. I don't know what the hell is wrong with people sometimes. Texting....LMAO.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:12 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Ask him out.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:51 PM

94 posts, read 102,019 times
Okay, I'm really thinking about it (asking him out), but I'm just nervous, I hate rejection!

People with OLD experience, give me your honest thoughts...if texting slows waaay down after the date, does that signify loss of interest, or is it normal to die down once you have met the person? I mean, before meeting our text convos were get to know you type things, and now we have met...but still, I feel like it is probably loss of interest.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:04 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
How can you really have a meaningful conversation by texting? How can you really get to know someone by reading some texts? No wonder people are so socially awkward nowadays and have all these dating issues. People don't know who to interact with each other anymore it seems.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:08 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatsEnvy View Post
Okay, I'm really thinking about it (asking him out), but I'm just nervous, I hate rejection!

People with OLD experience, give me your honest thoughts...if texting slows waaay down after the date, does that signify loss of interest, or is it normal to die down once you have met the person? I mean, before meeting our text convos were get to know you type things, and now we have met...but still, I feel like it is probably loss of interest.
I know nothing about texting because I don't do it. I do know that many guys are not really into talking on the phone that much. I would assume they would feel the same way about texting. I don't think less texting means he does not like you, a better way to find out if he likes you is to see if he asks you out again.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:14 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
he's just being respectful, he probly likes you a lot but doesn't want to come on too strong to risk pushing you away

take the initiative!!!! ask him out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships