Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 07:08 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

OP, if you want to stay positive, turn off Leykis. He encourages bitterness and resentment because it gets him ratings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 08:16 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
One of my good friends lives in Oklahoma City and he meets tons of women.

It's all what you make of it. If you live in a city of a couple hundred thousand people or more, there's no blaming the "dating market" in your area for the reason you are single. Oklahoma City has 600k+ people, so I don't want to hear for one second that there's "no available women" especially when my good friend and old roommate lives there is single and does awesome. I lived in a city half the size of OKC for several years, and did amazing in the dating scene there. I probably went on dates with 100-150 women over the course of a few years living there. Unless someone is in a city of less than 100k, or less than 50k, there's no excuses.

Right now I'm living in a city of 30,000 people, and even with this low population, I'm positive I could have dates with several women a month if I was single.

I've said it once and I'll say it a million times before. Until all these single complainers on this forum start taking 100% accountability for the reasons they are single as opposed to finding all these countless excuses, it will never change. There ARE TONS of changes people can do to make them seem more dateable.
They are not complaining. This thread posed a question and answers, not complaints, were given.

Perhaps the "complainers" know their situations far better than you do?

Old 10-18-2014, 08:51 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
I got a lot of enjoyment from listening to this Tom Leykis video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eBZ-HZ6yXY

To think that a guy out there thinks that attractive women have it hard when it comes do dating :P
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...er-dating.html
aside from being a little too jerk-like for ratings, i totally agree with the guy. and no surprise women hate hearing that kind of stuff, like we make it up or something. it's called experience.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:12 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, a spark happens on first sight only rarely in life. That's what dating is for--to see if a spark happens. It's a process.
This is exactly why I am not interested in dating. I want the "get to know you" phase to occur naturally with people I meet in the normal course of my life. I have found "the spark" with a few people already, using my method, but it wasn't mutual.

Quote:
Deciding to go on a date with someone you're not attracted to instantly isn't "settling". It's just dating, checking someone out to see if there's potential.
Completely disagree. What's the point of spending time with them for romantic purposes if you have no romantic feelings? I'm sorry but if I don't have feelings for someone I really have zero interest in "dating" them. Being their friend and spending time as friends, sure. But not "dating". You have to understand that not everyone is interested in doing it that way. In fact, most in their 20s don't do it that way anymore.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:31 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
With all due respect, this is a bunch of hooey!

I'm not a guy, but I was single for a very, very, very, very long time before I got into my current relationship. To give you some idea, I dated here and there, once or twice even for a few months, but I went about 20 years in between "I love you"'s. (There may have been one in between, but it wasn't sincere).

First you need to stop focusing on your perpetual singlehood and accept that you may always be single. Once you do that, you'll stop worrying about it so much and you'll begin living your life accordingly. Some of the bitterness may even begin to fade. That's what I did. Poof, here I am 2+ years later into a healthy, loving relationship.

Live your life and stop worrying about finding a mate. Spend your time doing things you enjoy. Good things will happen.
Great post, Caps.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:32 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Where do you live that everyone is popping out kids by 27?
That's exactly what I wondered! Like, WTH?

Old 10-18-2014, 10:34 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I'm finding it hard to be positive about my social/dating life. I have been single for a while. How do you guys keep a positive attitude when no one seems interested in you or you have horrible luck in dating? It is literally one of the hardest things I have encountered. Being single for a while has made me a little bitter and angry but I try my best to not look so "down". It takes everything in me to smile and laugh with people I know because I have my s***** dating life on my mind. And I want to appear positive amongst women. What exactly gives off energy to the opposite sex? Body language, posture, facial expressions, etc?

I mainly want guys who have been single for a while to give me insight. Not women who have been single for a week. Thanks

I've said this a thousand times and I'll say it again. The best way to find someone is to "not" look. People sense desperation. Every time in my life when I wanted to be alone I would have women interested in me. I think it has something to do with the fact that you seem content when you are just living life without chicken heading every attractive women that walks by. It's just my opinion and perhaps it doesn't work for everyone. But you asked for opinions and there it is. Good luck.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:57 PM

103 posts, read 91,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I've said this a thousand times and I'll say it again. The best way to find someone is to "not" look. People sense desperation. Every time in my life when I wanted to be alone I would have women interested in me. I think it has something to do with the fact that you seem content when you are just living life without chicken heading every attractive women that walks by. It's just my opinion and perhaps it doesn't work for everyone. But you asked for opinions and there it is. Good luck.
This is true now that im concentrating on my work and hobbies women won't leave me alone the problem is that I want nothing to do with them or dating so its starting to get frustrating.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:09 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
What women fail to distinguish is that they may have been getting very regular sex but not in a "relationship" per say and they will then claim that they have been "single" all this time. Which may technically be true but it is not nearly the same as a guy who cant get laid to save his life for the equivalent amount of time.

That is a very important distinction.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:09 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
This is exactly why I am not interested in dating. I want the "get to know you" phase to occur naturally with people I meet in the normal course of my life. I have found "the spark" with a few people already, using my method, but it wasn't mutual.

Completely disagree. What's the point of spending time with them for romantic purposes if you have no romantic feelings? I'm sorry but if I don't have feelings for someone I really have zero interest in "dating" them. Being their friend and spending time as friends, sure. But not "dating". You have to understand that not everyone is interested in doing it that way. In fact, most in their 20s don't do it that way anymore.
Dude, I wasn't addressing my comments to you. They're for the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships