Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 11:04 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

//www.city-data.com/forum/36925874-post3.html

So who is that post about? Your boyfriend or your friend? Which person are you in love with but slowly getting over?

Old 10-18-2014, 02:38 PM

59 posts, read 69,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/36925874-post3.html

So who is that post about? Your boyfriend or your friend? Which person are you in love with but slowly getting over?
I would have liked closure from my friend in a romantic sense a few years ago .... regarding your other response before this one above, and I'd kind of like to know... I am curious I guess if he ever did love me and when did he and when did he stop, or has he not stopped.... but I have a lot of things I'm curious about and or would like answered from all sorts of people and in other areas with life in general, trying to get him to answer me or give me that closure won't ever happen and I have to live with that.... I'm okay without having any. I would be shocked as ever if he ever told me on his own and manned up with some bravery because before I meant my current boyfriend I had asked him in a lot of different ways and he always avoided answering and when he did give me anything that he considered an answer, it just didn't seem honest... I had already known him so long at that point that it was obvious he was lying to me but I wasn't sure what about.

Can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink............ same thing for my best friend.

That post ............... well I'm thrilled you're interested but I have to keep some things private.

Either way I love myself, and I'll be okay.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMermaid View Post
I would have liked closure from my friend in a romantic sense a few years ago .... regarding your other response before this one above, and I'd kind of like to know... I am curious I guess if he ever did love me and when did he and when did he stop, or has he not stopped.... but I have a lot of things I'm curious about and or would like answered from all sorts of people and in other areas with life in general, trying to get him to answer me or give me that closure won't ever happen and I have to live with that.... I'm okay without having any. I would be shocked as ever if he ever told me on his own and manned up with some bravery because before I meant my current boyfriend I had asked him in a lot of different ways and he always avoided answering and when he did give me anything that he considered an answer, it just didn't seem honest... I had already known him so long at that point that it was obvious he was lying to me but I wasn't sure what about.

Can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink............ same thing for my best friend.

That post ............... well I'm thrilled you're interested but I have to keep some things private.

Either way I love myself, and I'll be okay.
I'm not interested - but I think my point is obvious.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I'm not interested - but I think my point is obvious.

It's just nice that someone (you in this situation) noticed the other post and asked.

It's nice because that's why I wrote the thread in the first place, not thinking others could change my mind or anything, but just that someone might follow what has been read, ask questions if needed to try to help me figure it out...........or write it out..............

I don't see the obvious point.

A lot of people have said it's better to be loved and try than to just yearn for whom you desire. Others say it's better to have loved and lost, but if you're just loving, and it's not even felt back, you haven't really lost. I think it's better to have loved and lost refers to people that actually gave it a go, and it didn't work out.

In the case of my best friend, nothing was ever a go and if it ever was a dating situation he certainly never told me it was a date and made it clear it was friendship.

I love being friends first.......................... plenty of my married friends and others I know just through networking, current job, old job, whatever have been friends and were friends for an extended period of time before becoming boyfriend and girlfriend. It's critical.

He doesn't even believe in love between two people and doesn't go into why, so he must have been burned before and I've tried to get him to talk about it, but he's damaged. We're all imperfect anyways so that's a totally different conversation.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:10 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
The original post states it clearly, he kept bringing up concerns that we will have a problem and left it at that. Didn't really explain what type of problem we would have, I even stated in the original post that I brought up to him something like why don't we have a solution if something really happens like an accident or a fire in the building etc, trying to make it more funny and ease the tension as well as to remind him that he wasn't even planning positively and just worried about drama. Basically he was all worried and upset a possible disagreement of some sort, but people disagree every day and that's fine as long as you do it with poise and don't scream / get too loud with the other person.

It kind of started about money when he offended me about how much I should be bringing with me.
He has a lot of issues with money but I'm pretty sure it's over now and we have figured it out.
Had the original post been clear (and my reading comprehension is quite acute) I wouldn't have felt compelled to ask. We still have a lot of equivocating rambling about, "somethings" and "possibles" but nothing tangible except for one small reference to money.

Obviously you really don't know this person very well at all despite this peculiar "history" you have. But it's also obvious that you're having rather a lot of difficulty knowing yourself which compounds whatever the problem is where the vacation is concerned.

Maybe you should just take a vacation solo and forgo all the drama.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:27 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
i believe your friend is afraid that you will seduce him and you guys will have sex...

I would travel solo or with your boyfriend. This dude is not stable.

Last edited by Mr. Ryu; 10-18-2014 at 05:07 PM..

Old 10-18-2014, 05:03 PM

I'll post after the trip and let everyone know how it went.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:11 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
All I can say is your boyfriend is one lucky guy.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:50 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
Quote:

I do have a boyfriend...............
You don't have a 'boyfriend'

You have a cuckold.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
You don't have a 'boyfriend'

You have a cuckold.
He is not a cuckold by any means and we are not married yet! As time goes by my love for him, and his for me has grown sooo much! It's been 3 years, so he's already known my best friend the same time as he has me, 3 years, which has given them both time to talk and we have all done things together!

My best guy friend... Is just that and always only will be. He isn't capable of being a man to any woman and I hate saying it, but it's true. He could never
Maintain a woman romantically!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships