Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 12:54 AM

2 posts, read 2,867 times

Advertisements

I will try to write this as best as I could despite of have never been this mad in my whole life.

My girlfriend who have a 16 years old brother have done nothing but make excuses for his bad behave ever since we have been together!

My girlfriend and I had been living together for almost a year. I have told her before we even moved in together that I don't want her brother within a mile of our home and I don't ever want to see his face in the house (due to his long history of poor behave and theft) My girlfriend was ok with this for two months.

As soon as she decided it is ok for him to come over without even asking or talking to me. **** start to hit the fan right away!

My girlfriend's money keep disappearing and we both knew it was her brother. Yet her excuse was "He need money, you know how my mom is" (her mom make TONS of money! She just don't throw it away like water) Or whatever. She refuse to listen to me and say that I'm not the one who he took money from and all that sort of stuff. She keep saying that it is her problem to deal with since he only go after her not me!

Then when time come to need some money.... Guess who get to spend the money? Yes that's right! I have to spend my money because she was always short on money due to her brother stealing from her!
Yet if I complain about this, she would quickly decide she don't want or need whatever is about to be bought! Then she again will say I am never the victim so I should stay out of their business!

About two months ago, he stole my girlfriend's car! What did my girlfriend do? Not a thing! She just shrug and say if she don't let him drive, he'd develop anxiety and be uncertain and unconfined of himself! She also say it is easier to just let him do what he want and go with the flow! Again she told me I have nothing to worry because he will not do it to anyone else!
A few weeks later it was raining heavily and he hit a phone pole, totaled her car! She won't press charge because he was just "too young to face felony charge" so now her insurance are through the roof and she have to ask me for money to get a new car!
At this point I told her he is not even allows at the house and if I see him around I will call cops right away. She told me she understand.

Just today while I was at work, I got call. Turn out the classic car in mint condition with low mileage that was greatly prized by my grandfather that was handed down to me after he passed away got stolen! Guess who? Yes that ****ing bastard brother!!!! Not only that but he end up got in a bad crash, totaled my car and the car that he crashed into!

I rushed to the site of crash only to see her brother being carried away by ambulance then I went home. What did my girlfriend do? She immediately try to make every excuses for her brothers behave. I was just beyond fury to the point where I was seeing red. I bring her to tear with lot of yelling then told her to get out of the house now and to not come back or even contact me until I call her.

It had been about four hours since this happened. I still don't even know what the hell to do any more! I have tried to warn my girlfriend many times in past that he's going to eventually do something really bad and she just shrugs and say it is for her to worry about and all that. Now I lose a very highly prized car that cannot ever be replaced that was only thing I got from my grandfather that was more like a father to me than a grandpa!
I don't even know what to do at this point! On one hand I want to go over to the hospital and torture this bastard to death, on other hand I just want to crawl into a hole and cry until I die. I don't know what to do about my girlfriend any more!

Last edited by elnina; 10-18-2014 at 01:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 01:02 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
I don't know what to do about my girlfriend any more!
Ditch the GF and her brother. Obviously she cares more about her thief brother than the relationship with you. It will only get worse...

Old 10-18-2014, 05:33 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Why didn't you call the police? That should have been the first thing you did.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:39 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
File charges and get a restraining order. Then break up with GF and move away.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:36 AM

178 posts, read 232,424 times
Why would you not press charges?

If you don't want anything to do with the kid, then break up with your girlfriend (which is the smart thing to do). If you won't break up with your girlfriend, then get used to the theft and stop complaining about it. If the kid had seriously injured someone with your car, you would likely be liable for the damages/lawsuit.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:41 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Your gf is not your problem, you are. Dump her. Her and her brother will bring you nothing but trouble.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:47 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
My gf has a brother who is a bit like that as well. When we lived close to him I told her specifically that he is not allowed where we lived (which I paid for) because of his history of theft, jail, etc. He's slightly older (early 20's) but same thing still applies.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:03 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,864,752 times
How did he get the keys to your car? Does he have a key to your house? If your gf knows he's stealing money from her, why doesn't she hide her money when he comes over? Why did her brother steal your car if he already had your gf's car?

You picked the wrong girlfriend. Change the locks on your house and don't let her come back. Call a locksmith now.

Old 10-18-2014, 07:32 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,983 times
Press charges and get a new girlfriend...problem solved!

Old 10-18-2014, 07:50 AM

2 posts, read 2,867 times
I did pressed charge (I forget to mention that) and am going to try get him the toughest penalty possible. The other reason I made my girlfriend leave the house is because when I got home, first thing she try to do was get me to not press charge.

As for the key... It was in small safety locker where we keep our valuable papers and stuff like that. My girlfriend kept some of her brother's stuff in it (don't ask why... I have asked her why... Still don't understand it!) My guess is he somehow saw the code and got accessible to it.
My girlfriend never kept eyes on him when he's around because she really believe that he would never steal or do anything wrong to others but just her and her mother. I have warned her many times that he'll eventually do it to somebody else and she didn't believe me and say if she get on him about it, he will do it to some else and it would be worse.
She didn't want to hide money because it is too much effort and not worth it to be paranoid over. Stupid I know... Yes she's like that...

I have no idea why he chose to take my car (I barely drive it) I guess he just want something cool and powerful to drive.

It look like I'm going to break up with my girlfriend. Not one bit upset about it. This was just too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships