Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 07:14 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,872 times

Advertisements

When the time is right , moment is correct, person is clicked you will find it but no one knows when where and what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 07:30 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
I heard all that before. However, for discussion sake, I'd say there is probably no attraction there, physical or mental, between you two if that someone standing right in front of you doesn't arouse any sentiment of love inside your being.

Love needs to be triggered by some kind of attraction, even in a small degree. No attraction = No Love. One simply can't fall in love with any stranger in the street. It has to be a spark somewhere. Sorry, I don't really see it that way.....
When he says sometimes love is right in front of you, this refers to the idea that you don't recognize it, not that someone isn't attractive to you. IMO, this usually occurs because you're looking for something different, have an expectation or ideal of who you think you need/want. True love can't be predetermined, you don't look at a group of people and pick who your true love is going to be. In an odd sort of way, it picks you.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:02 AM

757 posts, read 1,024,330 times
It's okay that one is looking for something different from what is readily available in front of him/her. But one way of recognizing love, at least to me, is to find the mutual attractiveness in each other, and the willingness to give love to each other, a start of the emotional bonding. Love is impossible if one fails to recognize this condition. On the other hand, it's hard not to recognize it if love is really around. But I know what you mean.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:40 PM

66 posts, read 95,191 times
Quote:
Some people say "True love is hard to find". But then can love really be found like a physical object, a pair of shoes for example, even if one goes out his/her way to look for it, or is it something that happens randomly by coincidence only? How many of you guys out there had actually gone out and looked for love actively and actually found it? If so, how did you do it? Did it all work out in the end for both of you?

I tend to think that love is something that cannot be found. It is something that will happen naturally by the grace of God if it is meant to be. Not everyone has the pleasure to find his/her other half, and far too many people remain single for the rest of their lives, confirmed bachelors. That's life. I get it.

I once heard a true story in which a guy found his soul mate simply by fooling around with bunch of his friends in the street in the middle of the night. He somehow bumped into her completely by accident. Boom! They fell for each other right there, and pretty much started dating right after. They soon found a nice place and moved in together and started a new life with each other. None of them were looking for love at the time, definitely not in that faithful night. Love just went out its way to find them and put them together just like that. True story.

So what's your story?

True love doesn't exist. I cannot fathom why so many grown up adults still hold on to such fairy tales. Sure you can can meet some one and you will FEEL like you're in love. Maybe it's pure lust and/or serendipity, but at the end of the day that "love" is going to disappear unless two people make an effort to work out the relationship. Most people rather ditch a relationship after a few years and go find magic with someone else.

It's a fruitless search for something that doesn't exist.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:00 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,393,604 times
Remember: sometimes what you want ain't what you need.

Let love find you. Work on yourself. Go out, try new things.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:22 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
True love doesn't exist. I cannot fathom why so many grown up adults still hold on to such fairy tales. Sure you can can meet some one and you will FEEL like you're in love. Maybe it's pure lust and/or serendipity, but at the end of the day that "love" is going to disappear unless two people make an effort to work out the relationship. Most people rather ditch a relationship after a few years and go find magic with someone else.

In what context?

Say, you have a pet. You love your pet. You're saying that's not true love?

The love your pet gives you isn't true love?

True love doesn't exist. Gotcha!

Old 10-20-2014, 10:31 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post

LOL, bitter much?

You can't maintain what people like my husband and I have, for decades now, without "true love".

I do hope one day you find it for yourself. Though word to the wise, you won't ever find it if you refuse to be open to it.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:59 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
LovesMountains, we can make through the rain..
For all those embittered from romance or have hatred in their own hearts!!!!

Old 10-21-2014, 06:24 AM

757 posts, read 1,024,330 times
Great song. Great Video. Thanks

To those who had never really found it love could be something unfathomable, a ghost-liked substance if only it could be considered as that. It is a pot of honey, but also a sharpest knife. It is a trial to ecstasy, but also a spiral-down path to the abyss. It is a fountain in the desert, or maybe a mirage on hot sand. One can spend a life time wishing for it, contemplating on it, and in the end leave this world empty handed. Perhaps only the truly blessed ones deserve it, but then I can hear someone contradicting me on this. Just what is this thing called love? Is it angel sent, or devil claimed?

Last edited by R. Crusoe; 10-21-2014 at 06:54 AM..

Old 10-21-2014, 07:50 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
Some people say "True love is hard to find". But then can love really be found like a physical object, a pair of shoes for example, even if one goes out his/her way to look for it, or is it something that happens randomly by coincidence only? How many of you guys out there had actually gone out and looked for love actively and actually found it? If so, how did you do it? Did it all work out in the end for both of you?

I tend to think that love is something that cannot be found. It is something that will happen naturally by the grace of God if it is meant to be.
I doubt a god has anything to do with it. But I would agree that there is reason to expect that people who are out with an "agenda" will likely be more off putting. If you are meeting every member of your sex of choice with this agenda to find love with them - it is likely going to come across as stalkerish or obsessive or weird.

So I am indeed all for your evaluation that it is just something that happens in it's own time and the more we submit to the wait - rather than the active seeking of it - the more likely it is to happen.

I often say - finding love is something that happens on our path in life - not a destination of that path itself. And when one makes it the destination of ones path - more often than not this is a bad thing corrosive to the goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships