Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 06:53 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

ok, so you dumped her because you felt she was cheating on you, but she managed to contact you, shed a few tears, and because you two were friends from childhood, you are ready to let her back into your life? and people think that some of the advice i give is nuts!

OP you have to be an adult here, just because you were friends with someone from childhood, doesnt mean you owe them anything if they betray you. all that will happen is, if you let her back into your life, you will get sucked up into her drama, and you will be back here in a couple of months asking how to extricate yourself from that situation without hurting her feelings. and the reality is that you cant. when relationships break up, there is always pain involved. and it doesnt matter if its two friends, two enemies, two lovers, or what ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 06:53 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Her problem, not yours. You did the right thing by deleting and blocking. Tears don't fix anything. Tears don't change anything.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:13 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max100 View Post
I broke up with her 2 months ago because of an argument over her past relationship. I doubted that she was still seeing another guy beside me. No contact since. I blocked everything from phone, Facebook, email and deleted all of her pictures with me and text messages....I was really sad at first. But right now I really get over it and have not been thinking about her so much like I did. I am very busy with my project and other social stuff.

Somehow she managed to call me using Skype 3 days ago. I picked up the phone because I did not recognize the number. Basically, she cried and asked why I hadn't replied to her email and why I deleted every picture of us on my fb timeline. (Of course I couldn't because the email was automatically put into the trash box). She cried hard so I tried to comfort her over the phone and tell her just to forget about the uneasy experience between us and remain friend again.

I don't know if it is a good idea to befriend with her. A larger part of me (let say 60-70%) just want to stay neutral with her,i.e I won't shut her down completely but not hang out with her anymore, however the other 30% of me still wants to have some romance between us again.

I don't really know about her true motivation of contacting me again (maybe she 's just broken up). I did not ask either. What do you think about this situation ?
I think you must like drama.

Why would you break up with someone over a past relationship of theirs?

You arent being a friend to her. Oh, you will not tolerate her presence, but will answer her texts or something?? If she loves you, you arent doing her any favors with this "you can watch me from afar, but please dont expect any time with me" friendship you seem to be willing to allow you two to have.

I dont see where you have any reason to be hostile with her, including using a former relationship of hers as an excuse to break up. If you are not feeling it, then you are not feeling it. That has nothing to do with a past for anyone. Be a man, accept responsibility for losing the feeling, if that is indeed the case.

Do her a real favor, since you are her friend - be polite, but basicly end it.

There could be something lost in the translation here - but from reading your post, you come across to me sounding like a cat, toying its prey. You will have a much less dramatic life if you didnt need to place blame for going ahead and doing whatever you want to do on someone else.

Stop playing with people. Take responsibility for your actions. If you arent her friend, what do you get out of pretending to be her friend, Mr Kitty?

Old 10-19-2014, 10:44 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
What was the argument about? What happend?

Old 10-19-2014, 12:55 PM

161 posts, read 255,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What was the argument about? What happend?
In the beginning, I assumed she had been single since she told me about her break up. However I discovered she was seeing her ex for one time after she agreed to go out with me. I don't know it was the only one time or not. I just told her if you are seeing anybody else, you should tell me. She disagreed then we had a very strong argument. I decided that she still has not made up her mind , that's why I blocked her.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:01 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,990,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
The 30% is your d*ck thinking, ok?
The other 70% is your feelings. I am going to tell you how women (girls) think. She is desperate because you shut her off, completely! Women hate that!
Good move on your part!!
However, you have to ask yourself....I know how she is, what she is, what she does, blah, blah.
Do you want to continue what you already know, and hope things get better, just because you have known her since childhood? or...call it childhood friends, and move on...grow up!!!
+1 for you.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
In the beginning, I assumed she had been single since she told me about her break up. However I discovered she was seeing her ex for one time after she agreed to go out with me. I don't know it was the only one time or not. I just told her if you are seeing anybody else, you should tell me. She disagreed then we had a very strong argument. I decided that she still has not made up her mind , that's why I blocked her.
But you assumed she was seeing someone right?

Old 10-19-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
But you assumed she was seeing someone right?
I would say it was a strong assumption.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I would say it was a strong assumption.
Did you have proof?

I see that tons of hot men are on here, and think the ladies are bombarding them, but in reality they aren't.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Did you have proof?

I see that tons of hot men are on here, and think the ladies are bombarding them, but in reality they aren't.
Yeah, I had the proof , but she refused to talk about it and told me she would discuss it in an appropriate future. That 's why I deduced that she did not really make up her mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships