Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 01:26 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonyT View Post
Men aren't looking for a meal ticket from a woman, but instead for a sexy little chica to look after them, clean the house, and take care of their babies. I actually don't understand why so many men marry college graduates, then relegate them to housewife status. Seems like a waste to me.
Actually many men are looking for an equal partner is all aspects, including being able to bring in a sizable income. That's why so many Drs marry other Drs. The days of the 'sexy little chica' are long gone. But you can keep your delusions by all means
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 01:37 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,100 times
If you had asked me this question twenty years ago, I'd probably say yes. However at this point in my life, no way. She has to bring something to the table for me to be interested. I'm not into collecting tons of material goods, but I do love to travel a lot. I have no kids and do not want any, and I also don't subscribe to this "man is the provider" mentality. Of course as always, this is just MY personal preference and others can do whatever works for them.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:42 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
I don't know how many men care about how much a woman makes, but that she has a job and can keep her job.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:48 PM

189 posts, read 275,759 times
If men care so much about a woman's career... then again, I say, why so many 'professional' women getting married, getting pregnant, and then leaving the workforce?

Women aren't valued as providers, or even co-providers, by the vast majority of men. I venture to say most men wouldn't even have it enter their minds to 'judge' the line of work of a woman they're interested in (provided she's not a sex worker, of course). It's just not part of the equation.

Old 10-19-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonyT View Post
If men care so much about a woman's career... then again, I say, why so many 'professional' women getting married, getting pregnant, and then leaving the workforce?

Women aren't valued as providers, or even co-providers, by the vast majority of men. I venture to say most men wouldn't even have it enter their minds to 'judge' the line of work of a woman they're interested in (provided she's not a sex worker, of course). It's just not part of the equation.
You're obviously not in any professional field, because what you're telling us simply isn't true.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:05 PM

783 posts, read 849,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You're obviously not in any professional field, because what you're telling us simply isn't true.
I would rather marry a kind affectionate beautiful woman that never went to college then a woman making 6 figures that was a ball buster. While a professionally successful woman that is also kind, affectionate, and beautiful is preferred to a woman without a college education it is far down the list to me personally. The more successful a man is, the less he cares how successful she is.

Intelligence and being classy is still important and not always tied to level of professional success, in many cases they do correlate to each other.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
I would rather marry a kind affectionate beautiful woman that never went to college then a woman making 6 figures that was a ball buster. While a professionally successful woman that is also kind, affectionate, and beautiful is preferred to a woman without a college education it is far down the list to me personally. The more successful a man is, the less he cares how successful she is.

Intelligence and being classy is still important and not always tied to level of professional success, in many cases they do correlate to each other.
Actually the more successful a man is the more likely he'll partner with a woman with means of her own. It's called wealth building and it's a smart thing to do. And where do you get this ridiculous notion that successful women are ball busters? Do you not know any?

Old 10-19-2014, 03:11 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,447,861 times
cooking and cleaning dont require no degree.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:35 PM

881 posts, read 2,253,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post

Not really, in fact it's the opposite these days. Highly educated and high income men are more likely to marry someone similar. Feel free to read up on assortative mating.

Old 10-19-2014, 03:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
I live in a pretty nice area - and it's pretty much a mixed bag. There are lots of stay at home moms, there are lots of dual income households, I know a couple of stay at home dads. Most people seem pretty content with their lot. I will say that when I was younger and working at the front desk of a gym during the evenings so that I could audition during the day, I got hit on all the time by lots of guys from my coworkers to wealthy clients. So my menial job didn't seem to matter a whole lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships