Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:44 PM

23 posts, read 98,501 times

Advertisements

Ok part venting part looking for what people think, both men and women.
Have been with together 6 years have 2 yr old. He wants sex almost everyday (gets it most days). Now occassionally, IM NOT IN THE MOOD, but god forbid I say no, then he sulks ALL day, choosing to be in a "ugly" mood, staring out the window, miserable look on his face. (this arguement comes up at least monthly)

Im quite sick of it actually. Hes just told me "im not doing this next year" I do evrything for this family and when i want love, i think i deserve it.

So let me ask this.... how many of you are made to feel guilty for not wanting sex? Now keep in mind he gets it AT LEAST 4 times a week if not more!!!!!

How would you handle your partner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 06:48 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,984,065 times
Does this guy use sex for tension relief or some such thing?

Old 12-30-2007, 06:53 PM

388 posts, read 328,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantana View Post
Now keep in mind he gets it AT LEAST 4 times a week if not more!!!!!
Four times a week isn't much. I think it's normal to want sex once a day. How come you aren't in the mood? There are prescription meds available that might help get you in the mood.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:54 PM

715 posts, read 2,086,818 times
Hmm, im no expert but perhaps you should buy him one of those blow up dolls, could lighten the load for ya? lmao..

Nahh, seriously. There are far too many variables as to why he is the way he is, not that we want to further intrude into your personal life but have you tried to get him to see a shrink? Perhaps he's been playing with some substances that makes him feel hotter than usual?

Old 12-30-2007, 06:55 PM

no tension other then everday stuff, same as every tom dick and harry. Just believes that he deserves it when he wants it everytime he wants it.
which to me with the attitude, seems like no regards for what i want. Doesnt seem like love to me.
Would like to know how many couples argue about this.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Four times a week isn't much. I think it's normal to want sex once a day. How come you aren't in the mood? There are prescription meds available that might help get you in the mood.
lets see.... not in the mood on occassion. I stay home with 2 yr old have 2 teenagers.

Mamma needs some time to herself which she rarely gets, from 6a - 8p someone is almost always in need of my assistance.

Apparently what I need or want are irrelevent.

and i said at least 4x a wk.... there are plenty times he does get daily, or darn near close.

Last edited by cantana; 12-30-2007 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: last thought

Old 12-30-2007, 07:02 PM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,158,197 times
I think that the problem is that instead of the two of you making love (where there is a lot of mutual affection involved), it's turned into sex. You just there satisfying his sexual needs and the act has become a chore for you. That would be a huge mood spoiler for me too.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:07 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,252 times
It's pretty normal for a man to want sex everyday but that doesn't mean you have to, he should show a little respect and self control. It's your body.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:08 PM

Thats about what it seems like to me too miu. and I sure dont know how to fix it. We're actually talking about going separate ways.
I dont want a relationship where i am made to feel bad when i just want to be left alone.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:22 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,156,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantana View Post
no tension other then everday stuff, same as every tom dick and harry. Just believes that he deserves it when he wants it everytime he wants it.
which to me with the attitude, seems like no regards for what i want. Doesnt seem like love to me.
Would like to know how many couples argue about this.
He wants what he wants when he wants it!?!? He's just acting like any 2 year old. Tell him to grow up and realize that a healthy relationship is about both people's needs with compromise on both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships