Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2014, 11:43 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Online dating in a nut shell.

Women with unreasonable standards trying to hook something out of their league, and lots and lots of creepy dudes.

What happens is guys prey on women below their league to get laid. The women ignore the men in their league that would actually date them only to get duped by a player.

The guys are unhappy because they're only worthy of a woman far bellow their standards or sometimes no women at all if they're not average looking or above, and the woman are unhappy because they get played over and over. In the end.............nobody wins

There are lots of exceptions to this, but this is most people's experience.

I would stay away from any of the free sites if you're going to try it.

I hear u I have no expectations..I just texted her for the hell of it..She's pretty cute so I doubt she's attracted to me..chances are slim to none that she responds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 09:14 PM

Getting nothing out of this old either..I give up I'm just not capable of attracting women I'm attracted to

Old 10-25-2014, 09:26 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,221 times
Wait online dating works?

Old 10-25-2014, 10:30 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I never did old before just joined plenty of fish..Should I just message women I'm attracted to and have something in common with and tell them why is like to go on a date with them?
1. have a good photo

2. send confusing messages

Old 10-25-2014, 10:32 PM
FBJ

exchange about 4 to 5 messages and then give your number in the 6th message

Then you suggest a date once you talk on the phone

Old 10-25-2014, 10:49 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Did you let the guy know beforehand that you didn't think there was anything special about him and that you're just going out on the date because you have nothing better to do? I hope you also plan on splitting the tab with him.

Hope that never happens to me LOL

Old 10-25-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
exchange about 4 to 5 messages and then give your number in the 6th message

Then you suggest a date once you talk on the phone
Ok well I haven't gotten a return message yet

Old 10-25-2014, 11:01 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Gonna message a girl who viewed my profile..she's a teacher in an area my friend lives and teaches should I ask her what school she teaches in or is that too personal for a first message?
Kind of boring conversation since it's about work

Old 10-26-2014, 12:42 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
You make a long detailed profile and put your best foot forward writing 20-50 women an insightful message custom tailored to their profile letting them that you read it. Then you sit back and wait for nothing to happen because the women will ignore you and not respond.
LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Online dating in a nut shell.

Women with unreasonable standards trying to hook something out of their league, and lots and lots of creepy dudes.

What happens is guys prey on women below their league to get laid. The women ignore the men in their league that would actually date them only to get duped by a player.

The guys are unhappy because they're only worthy of a woman far bellow their standards or sometimes no women at all if they're not average looking or above, and the woman are unhappy because they get played over and over. In the end.............nobody wins

There are lots of exceptions to this, but this is most people's experience.

I would stay away from any of the free sites if you're going to try it.
That pretty much sums it up.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:39 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,547 times
OLD is about timing for two people. They both have to be at a place in their lives that they want the same type of relationship. It is sorta like finding the needle in a haystack, which looks almost impossible at times. Both people have to know when they have found what they want in the person and decide to get to know each other. The problem for some people is that they think that the OLD always offers someone better, which means that they are not ready for a long term relationship. My friends who have met and married someone or have long term relationships from OLD had been OLD for more than two years. In the end, it was worth the wait. Knowing what one wants and patiently waiting is the key to successful OLD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships