Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 12:17 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
Everybody gets cheated on at some point of their lives and/or they will be be cheated on sometime in their lives. True or false? Discuss.....
I can only speak for myself..I'll be 51 and I have never cheated in my 33 years of marriage and only been with my husband! So not all cheat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 01:49 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Everybody gets cheated on at some point of their lives and/or they will be be cheated on sometime in their lives. True or false? Discuss.....
I think the one with the most power or the one with control in an relationship tends to cheat. You really don't see egalitarian couples these days.

Old 10-25-2014, 01:52 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:

Mod cut.
No... not everyone cheats... not by a long[Snip.] shot....maybe in your world they do.. but no... it isn't normal to cheat.......

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-29-2014 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Off-topic; inappropriate language.

Old 10-25-2014, 03:46 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
This seems like something that cheaters tell themselves in order to feel better about what they do.

The answer is false.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:01 PM

596 posts, read 627,598 times
People are far too complex for everyone to be categorized into having the same experiences.

Some people will never physically cheat, but will have cheated in their minds with someone else, and others will emotionally cheat--falling in love with someone else that isn't their partner, even without sex present.

Then there are people that will find themselves completely infatuated with the person their in a relationship with, and they'll have no desire to think of anyone but their partner.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:04 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think this just shows different mindsets. I find it completely reasonable that a lot of people haven't cheated. Why do you assume people are lying about it?
I didn't say lying, but coming clean-disclosure. If I was to estimate the number of men and women that have cheated on a Wife/Husband, SO, or BF/GF from responses in this thread, it would be less than 5%. Less than 5% is not realistic.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:48 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times
Quote:
False for me. Starting from my parents and most of my siblings. I myself don't feel/see the need for cheating. Fortunately so is my husband. He told me recently, he will leave me first before getting on another girl. Don't know if it is a good or bad thing to say to me, LOL.

But yeah I agree with him, why not leave your current relationship first before banging another, like really? I mean I really don't see how people do cheat and see no problem with it.

I guess we are the 1%. We have the no cheating gene running in our veins.

Last edited by meaning; 10-28-2014 at 12:59 PM..

Old 10-28-2014, 01:12 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
False for me. Starting from my parents and most of my siblings. I myself don't feel/see the need for cheating. Fortunately so is my husband. He told me recently, he will leave me first before getting on another girl. Don't know if it is a good or bad thing to say to me, LOL.

But yeah I agree with him, why not leave your current relationship first before banging another, like really? I mean I really don't see how people do cheat and see no problem with it.

I guess we are the 1%. We have the no cheating gene running in our veins.
I agree. I think the worst thing about cheating is the lying and total disrespect it shows for the other person. At one time if you loved that person enough to be in a relationship with them, out of respect for them you could at least exit the relationship first and be honest instead of skulking around behind their back.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:14 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Perhaps some make themselves feel better by believing everyone does it?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-28-2014, 01:20 PM

530 posts, read 902,337 times
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Perhaps some make themselves feel better by believing everyone does it?
I agree with this. I have been divorced a long time - by that I mean over 12 years. So last year my ex says to me, "be honest you cheated too while we were married, didn't you? It's been so long you can tell me now." I said look you can believe what you want to believe. Years don't change what happened. I never cheated - nor did I ever want to, but if that is easier for you to believe I did - then believe it. Honestly I really don't care what you believe. My life has moved forward and the thought of us and our past marriage is not even anything I actively think on. Its done and past over.

Wow. I was like WHAT! Is this a real question!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships