Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 01:29 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheInternet View Post
High school student here. I met this girl last year in one of my classes due to us being lab partners. Somehow, we started talking and we started getting along. She's a good looking blonde and I'm an inexperienced guy whose not that great looking. Anyway, she started acting kind of flirty, but maybe that's just her personality (she's outgoing). She also seems to like guys who are nothing like me (big tough guys).

Every time she sees me at school she always seems excited to see, goes out of her way to say "Hey" and that she "misses me", etc. Yet every time I reach out to her I'm ignored. Yesterday, I sent her an offer to do something and it was ignored. When she didn't respond, I just left it.

Should I just stop talking to her altogether? I have no experience with women so I wouldn't know.
Sounds like she's just friendly and you're trying to take things further. From what you've posted, the answer is no. So just stop talking to her that way, and let other girls see you are nice to her, they'll start getting jealous, its the way girls of that age are. (really any age)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 01:30 PM

140 posts, read 191,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protege View Post
Just flirt with her dude. Use some cheesey pickup line in class about how you two have great chemistry.

"Sending her an offer" sounds like some e-mail or Facebook message. Don't get worked up over little things like that and let them stop you from getting into her pants.

The fact that a girl usually dates guys who are different from you is irrelevant. She could like your look or vibe. The people you're attracted to most will sometimes not be the typical type you go for.
It wouldn't have bothered me but it's happened more than once. Also one time right after she broke up with a guy (kept getting back with him over and over), a guy walks in the class and she says to me "That guy's hot" or something like that.

Yet she sees me later at a school assembly and runs over for her mom to take a picture of us. She's all over the place

Old 10-21-2014, 01:34 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
High school student here. I met this girl last year in one of my classes due to us being lab partners. Somehow, we started talking and we started getting along. She's a good looking blonde and I'm an inexperienced guy whose not that great looking. Anyway, she started acting kind of flirty, but maybe that's just her personality (she's outgoing). She also seems to like guys who are nothing like me (big tough guys).

Every time she sees me at school she always seems excited to see, goes out of her way to say "Hey" and that she "misses me", etc. Yet every time I reach out to her I'm ignored. Yesterday, I sent her an offer to do something and it was ignored. When she didn't respond, I just left it.

Should I just stop talking to her altogether? I have no experience with women so I wouldn't know.
If you want to stop talking to her then stop talking to her otherwise don't stop talking to her.
She could have been busy or she likes you as a friend at school but wants to limit it to school and not other social settings.
I had school only friends and there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:36 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
It wouldn't have bothered me but it's happened more than once. Also one time right after she broke up with a guy (kept getting back with him over and over), a guy walks in the class and she says to me "That guy's hot" or something like that.

Yet she sees me later at a school assembly and runs over for her mom to take a picture of us. She's all over the place
Wow. I see your dilemma. Maybe she doesn't know herself what she wants. She's attracted to "hot", but she likes your personality. At her age, she may be still sorting that stuff out. You might win out in the long term (if you choose to keep talking to her), but lose in the short term.

What year are you in, in HS? How close is the leaving-to-go-to-college stage of life?

Old 10-21-2014, 01:40 PM

140 posts, read 191,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Wow. I see your dilemma. Maybe she doesn't know herself what she wants. She's attracted to "hot", but she likes your personality. At her age, she may be still sorting that stuff out. You might win out in the long term (if you choose to keep talking to her), but lose in the short term.

What year are you in, in HS? How close is the leaving-to-go-to-college stage of life?
Senior. I've got 9 more weeks of school basically.

She has a really all over the place personality.. very outgoing.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:41 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,210,452 times
Quote:

This is how most girls are up until their early 30s IME. So unless you want to wait around for the next decade or so until she figures it out, I wouldn't anticipate anything romantic with her. She's going to be "all over the place" for the foreseeable future, until the point she realizes that she needs to change her mentality if she wants to land a decent guy.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:43 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:

Sorry but she views you only as a friend.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:46 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Sorry but she views you only as a friend.
I agree, I knew lots of girls in high school who were like this. Someone would take their outgoing "nice" personality as flirting, when in reality its just her trying to be nice and friendly. If she was into the OP, he'd know it, no doubt about it. She'd be finding excuses to be around him, not just saying "Hi" in the hall.

My advice remains just be nice to her back and let other girls see it. Like blood in the water, they are attracted to a guy who is friends with a pretty girl.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:48 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:

9 weeks? You graduate in winter?

It sounds like you don't have much time to work with. I don't see much of a future here. And let's say you do get lucky and she warms up to you in the next couple of weeks. Then what? You have a little over a month to date her, and then....? Is she graduating in winter, too? This scenario isn't adding up for me.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:48 PM

128 posts, read 203,078 times
Quote:

Stop making excuses.

A really pretty girl I sat next to in high school would talk to her friends in front of me every single day about how good-looking other guys were only to discover later (not that I couldn't tell then) that she had a major thing for me which bordered creepy.

Girls start doing this from childhood and it may not even end in adulthood. Shyness is a feminine quality. Be a man.

Flirt with her and flirt with all her friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships