Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 12:04 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times

Advertisements

On the other hand, why do men even bother?

Old 10-22-2014, 03:41 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
"Should I give him another chance" indicates to me an impression that the perceived M-F power balance in the writer's mind is tipped in their direction: 3 strikes and you are out, or is it one, or two? The writer gets to decide. Men are simply performers for her favor.

It doesn't have to be that way.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:14 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Weird. If I search for Relationships with "chance" in the title, I find a whole bunch from male posters using the same terminology. It looks like you're being disingenuous and cherry-picking threads to make some kind of point.

What IS your point, by the way?

Old 10-22-2014, 06:17 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
So you are saying that women give or grant guys opportunities?
Yep. Just like men do.

PEOPLE do it.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:29 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Right. I spend all day asking questions while you have over 4000 posts and 2 million viewed threads. The irony.

I am gender bashing for asking a question and backing it up with examples while other threads like "why do guys act cold" is fine?

Irony.

So tell me, is English your second language? You dodged the question the last time. You completely misuse and misunderstand words regularly. Here, you show a complete misunderstanding of the word "irony".

So, is English your second language? Just wondering as people would be a lot more understanding or flexible with you if it was.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:55 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
So you are saying that women give or grant guys opportunities?
Basically, yes. I see where you're going with this, and while it's basically (and unfortunately) true, I don't see that much can be done about it other than to complain.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:57 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Perhaps because men don't use the same terminology, phrasing, wording, etc. for what is, practically speaking, synonymous.
Yes, and no.

Imagine the exact phrasing reversed. The post would suddenly take on a stronger tone of conceit. It's not a world-ender, obviously, but obviously strikes a nerve with some.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:02 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So tell me, is English your second language? You dodged the question the last time. You completely misuse and misunderstand words regularly. Here, you show a complete misunderstanding of the word "irony".

So, is English your second language? Just wondering as people would be a lot more understanding or flexible with you if it was.
Irony is misused on here all the time and is only seconded by the misuse of the poetic phrase " tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" in reference to matters of romantic love.
No matter how many times the misuse is explained it continues unabated.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:15 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
Are yo bothered by those post ? Woman stick with one man and if they go wild woman will try to give a second chance but if a man wanna give a second chance he has to give it for whole village that is why you don't find any threads. but I do agree with JustJulia.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:20 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
"Giving a chance" to someone isn't just a phrase used by people... Both men and women. I wouldn't read too much into it like there is some "deeper meaning" to it all. And you can find examples of how the same phase is used by men as well as women (when referring to themselves). I did a search of thread titles as well.

Threads started by men about giving women "a chance" or even giving themselves "a chance"

Single mothers, do men refuse to give you a chance?
Should take the chance to date this classly hot girl if the date is going be quite expensive?
Does EVERYONE regret giving the ex a 2nd chance ?
Second chance after being stood up?
Average Joe's have a chance at a model looking girl?
Should I give a final chance or ignore and move on?

I would say there are more threads by women give the idea of "second chances" more thought in threads. But when you read all of these threads about second chances, it's not really about giving the "relationship" a chance... not necessarily that they think they are doing the guy (or in the case of the men the girl) some great favor. They just want to salvage things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships