Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 05:22 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times

Advertisements

The only "issues" that I see that you have is that you need to grow up and let this go.

It's really not that serious and you are putting way too much thought into it. Forget what your friends say and just live life. All these first world problems about relationships, they are just headaches and an unnecessary burdens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 06:00 PM

75 posts, read 80,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
Seems like a whole lot of assuming on your part. I don't really know how music festivals work because I haven't been lucky enough to go, but maybe she stayed with you because you were interested in staying where the music was? I mean if she came to a music festival she probably didn't want to run back off to camp when she has a chance to see more bands. But like I said before, next time just ask a girl before you kiss her , you'll come across as considerate and patient, and it leaves no room for mixed signals.

And for the record, I don't think there's anything wrong with you, it's natural for people our age (early 20s too) to compare ourselves with the lives of our friends and measure our success on what's happening around us. I date every now and then, and I read signals wrong too! Sometimes I'm afraid that I'll never find someone and wont get to have a family and you know what? They're a lot of people who at our age think the same. The key is to not measure your success and your degree of normalcy on someone else. What works for your friends may not work for you, and with all due respect--some of your friends seem like a piece of work--maybe its best you be yourself.

Don't jump to conclusions too soon, give things time, give yourself and that person time to get to know one another, and if you perceive there's something there, you can always ask them if they feel the same way.
Thank you for taking the time to listen and give your feedback on my problem.

In the end ole buddy who posted something above me is right. This anxiety I have isnt even worth getting caught up over. And either way the girl in the discussion was clearly comfortable enough to come to my house and invited me to hang out with her like I mentioned before. So its cool that she still likes me even if its just as a friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships