Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 12:43 AM

75 posts, read 80,885 times

Advertisements

I have posted about relationship problems in the past. I have posted about women who I have perceived to have screwed up with. Over analyzing every detail to some how figure out the solution to my problems with love, sex and relationships.

I came to a conclusion that I am simply not emtionally mature enough to handle love, sex and romance of any kind (despite being 22 and not far from 23). I have had my first love, I have had a relationship, and I have been able to hook up with a girl on what seem to be huge gaps in time. But all these emotions feel incredibly intense and sometimes overwhelming. I will have these moments that look like a success story with a girl, but it always seems to fizzle out before anything serious actually happens. Ive never taken a girl home on a one night stand. I have never had any problems morally with it...but it just never seems to progress in a natural way. This goes for one night stands and relationships.

I guess the best way to explain it is...I know that person who I want to be is there and has revealed himself many times, but it only goes so far before I start to get in my own way. And as hard as I have tried to mentally overcome this, it has still be a battle that poses great difficulty.

So these past few days I have decided to try to just pretend none of it exist. If I saw a pretty girl, I would try to see her as an average everyday person I wouldnt really go out of my way to look at. I tried to take an approach towards life without any kind of romantic or sexual feelings.

Yet...despite all my efforts, I cant seem to get away from it. I have friends who literally try to put me in positions to approach women or try to get me in a situation to **** a girl. Whether this be a bar or some random public place. I really didnt have it in me to approach a girl my friend pointed out, so he made a joke about how he "needs a new recruit". I know he was just joking, but in the back of my head I was beating myself up about it.

I dont care about notches or picking up girls, I dont care about finding a wife or even a serious girlfriend. But I have friends who are very good at those things. And I envy it. I dont care to be involved in it constantly, but I want to be able to confidently say "I dont have a problem with women". I want to have the ability to pick up a girl or find a girlfriend if I had the desire to.

These are things that I feel should come natural to an extent. "game guides" or "poa books" shouldnt be a requirment to be good with women. I dont think things like this should be so complicated and hard to understand. I know dudes who really are not incredibly intelligent and they do this with ease. Hell, my friend tells me all he does is be himself and it happens to him.

Like I have said before, I have had my fair share of it all, but its something that usually happens once in a blue moon while it seems more consistent for other people i know. I want these anxieties and insecurities to be gone. I can attract women...but it ends in disappointent. And when i try to run from it, I cant get away and am constantly reminded on how im not good with women. So I ask everyone...WTF DO I DO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 12:52 AM

If I realize now that im not ready for love sex and romance...then why is it always getting shoved in my face?

Old 10-22-2014, 12:53 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
I would go to a therapist.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
I would go to a therapist.
do you think its that serious?

Old 10-22-2014, 01:42 AM

My friend tells me "I want to see you pick up a girl"

But...picking up girls isnt something i can do on command. its like catching a giant wave when you surf...if its all in place itll happen. but i cant just call a giant wave to rise from the ocean for me to ride.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:49 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudsco View Post
do you think its that serious?
I am not an expert to say if it is serious or not, but you said
Quote:
I cant get away and am constantly reminded on how im not good with women. So I ask everyone...WTF DO I DO?
that can done by a therapist and he or she can find out why that happens to you. No you cannot pick a girl on command I understand that.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
I am not an expert to say if it is serious or not, that can done by a therapist. No you cannot pick a girl on command I understand that.
idk if i could afford that :/

Old 10-22-2014, 01:55 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
What are you so worried about? Just relax and try to enjoy your life. You're young and have a lot of life ahead of you. Dont make it harder than it needs to be. Have fun!

Old 10-22-2014, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
What are you so worried about? Just relax and try to enjoy your life. You're young and have a lot of life ahead of you. Dont make it harder than it needs to be. Have fun!
I have anxieties about not being good enough for a woman. It sounds stupid, but whenever I see my friends pull girls like its nothing, it makes me reflect on myself and my insecurities. Women have always been a rough topic in my life. And it bugs me that its not something that i could do if i really wanted to.

I have a fear of ending up 40 and still clueless. Thats like...the worst possible outcome of all this anxiety. At least im not a virgin lol

Old 10-22-2014, 03:25 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudsco View Post
I have anxieties about not being good enough for a woman. It sounds stupid, but whenever I see my friends pull girls like its nothing, it makes me reflect on myself and my insecurities. Women have always been a rough topic in my life. And it bugs me that its not something that i could do if i really wanted to.

I have a fear of ending up 40 and still clueless. Thats like...the worst possible outcome of all this anxiety. At least im not a virgin lol
Your story sounds similar to me. I'm 28 now but wonder what is wrong with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships