Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 02:35 AM

20 posts, read 40,456 times

Advertisements

so I met this guy on dating site one year ago, we went out twice. He seemed to like me but I just broke up with someone at that time and felt that I was not ready to date. I told him honestly and we cut off contacts. He tried to contact me again after a while but i didn't agree to go out again.

So after much time to myself. I feel I want to be back to the dating scene. I thought of him and texted him. He responded fairly quick and we set up a date to see each other.

on our fourth date, I suggested to go hiking so we did. We had a good time. I feel he's genuinely a good guy and he started to show affection towards me on the forth date. He seemed really happy to see me and would kiss me on the cheek whenever he got a chance and cuddle me.

I felt safe and comfortable with him. So after hiking he said he didn't want me to leave yet and suggested a movie. I was kinda tired but also wanted to hang out with him more so I said why don't we hang out at your place.( the hiking trail was near his place)

So we went back to his place where he took a pic of me using his camara. I stand close to him to check out the picture, he put down the camara and started to kiss me. He was gentel,wasn't trying to rip off my clothes or anything. We made out in his couch for like 2 hours.

We went out for dinner after, since I was going to leave after dinner so we took separate cars. It's dark at that time and I got lost, He was telling me where to go on phone but I kept missing it and scared as hell as I was in an area I totally don't know. I spent prob more than 40 mins to finally find where he was waiting for me. He sounded kinda frustrated on phone because to him it was really easy to find and I just couldn't. But he didn't blame me when I finally found him and we had dinner together.

After that long 4th date, I feel he's kinda being remote. He usually would make Saturday plans to see each other on Tuesday but this time he didn't. He texted me but didn't initiate any date. I sent him a picture of me and he didn't have much of a comment to it either. Before he alway liked to see my pictures and would compliment me.

Am I over analyzing? It's my birthday(and his) weekend this coming weekend. I was hoping to do something together.

Last edited by denghuolanshan; 10-22-2014 at 03:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 02:42 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,872 times
Just take it easy, if some one cannot understand that you got lost in a area you don't even know I am not sure if that even worth thinking about that person. But don't give up. He can tell ways over the phone but driving and listing to directions also impossible. To be honest if I were you I would not bother about him. Yes well that me of course.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:02 AM

20 posts, read 40,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
Just take it easy, if some one cannot understand that you got lost in a area you don't even know I am not sure if that even worth thinking about that person. But don't give up. He can tell ways over the phone but driving and listing to directions also impossible. To be honest if I were you I would not bother about him. Yes well that me of course.
Thanks so much for you reply. It makes me feel better. I was actually embarrassed and felt dumb that I couldn't find the resteranut. He was standing In the coner for me for like 40 mins. But it was dark and the city has a reputation of not being safe. I was really scared. Well I think you're right. If he doesn't understand that then he's not wothy my time. I was just wondering if going to his place was a mistake also. Since he didn't invite me....

Old 10-22-2014, 03:14 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denghuolanshan View Post
Thanks so much for you reply. It makes me feel better. I was actually embarrassed and felt dumb that I couldn't find the resteranut. He was standing In the coner for me for like 40 mins. But it was dark and the city has a reputation of not being safe. I was really scared. Well I think you're right. If he doesn't understand that then he's not wothy my time. I was just wondering if going to his place was a mistake also. Since he didn't invite me....
That kind of signs I take it as good signs, that shows who he is. And you are a woman, waiting frustrated him that much then why he did not pick you up. Don't bother your self. I am much use to the city where I live but still I don't think I can find the restaurants in the middle of the city. Be cool.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:20 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
If he can't handle your perfectly acceptable frustration, well....

Old 10-22-2014, 09:01 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denghuolanshan View Post
so I met this guy on dating site one year ago, we went out twice. He seemed to like me but I just broke up with someone at that time and felt that I was not ready to date. I told him honestly and we cut off contacts. He tried to contact me again after a while but i didn't agree to go out again.

So after much time to myself. I feel I want to be back to the dating scene. I thought of him and texted him. He responded fairly quick and we set up a date to see each other.

on our fourth date, I suggested to go hiking so we did. We had a good time. I feel he's genuinely a good guy and he started to show affection towards me on the forth date. He seemed really happy to see me and would kiss me on the cheek whenever he got a chance and cuddle me.

I felt safe and comfortable with him. So after hiking he said he didn't want me to leave yet and suggested a movie. I was kinda tired but also wanted to hang out with him more so I said why don't we hang out at your place.( the hiking trail was near his place)

So we went back to his place where he took a pic of me using his camara. I stand close to him to check out the picture, he put down the camara and started to kiss me. He was gentel,wasn't trying to rip off my clothes or anything. We made out in his couch for like 2 hours.

We went out for dinner after, since I was going to leave after dinner so we took separate cars. It's dark at that time and I got lost, He was telling me where to go on phone but I kept missing it and scared as hell as I was in an area I totally don't know. I spent prob more than 40 mins to finally find where he was waiting for me. He sounded kinda frustrated on phone because to him it was really easy to find and I just couldn't. But he didn't blame me when I finally found him and we had dinner together.

After that long 4th date, I feel he's kinda being remote. He usually would make Saturday plans to see each other on Tuesday but this time he didn't. He texted me but didn't initiate any date. I sent him a picture of me and he didn't have much of a comment to it either. Before he alway liked to see my pictures and would compliment me.

Am I over analyzing? It's my birthday(and his) weekend this coming weekend. I was hoping to do something together.
-4 dates constitutes as usually?
-Planning on a Saturday for a Tuesday date
-Have you drive around at night lost by yourself?

I don't see how 4 dates would already be something that you guys routinely do together.

Planning on a Sat for a Tue date, but not weekend..

Having you drive around lost for 40 min?

Most guys I know, if I or any girl were to get lost in an 'unsafe' city.. first of all, would not place us in that position. We'd meet at a halfway point if I already plan to leave on my own, somewhere safe.

He doesn't seem too concerned about your safety.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:05 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Why not quit stressing about a situation that you cannot control nor change?

If he wants to contact you again for a date he will, if not he won't.
Continue to live your life and don't wrap your emotions around the first guy you dated after healing from a painful break up.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:07 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
This. And I'd go a step farther, and say that if he wasn't willing and able to let you follow him to the restaurant, making sure to stay within sight of you so you could follow, he's either not considerate, or he's not very bright. He's the one who screwed up that evening, not you. The real test of someone's character is when things go wrong, not when life is easy. He failed the test.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:08 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
-4 dates constitutes as usually?
-Planning on a Saturday for a Tuesday date
-Have you drive around at night lost by yourself?

I don't see how 4 dates would already be something that you guys routinely do together.

Planning on a Sat for a Tue date, but not weekend..

Having you drive around lost for 40 min?

Most guys I know, if I or any girl were to get lost in an 'unsafe' city.. first of all, would not place us in that position. We'd meet at a halfway point if I already plan to leave on my own, somewhere safe.

He doesn't seem too concerned about your safety.

That is jumping to a major assumption.

Mr. CSD and I have been married 8 years and known each other for 15 years and he still gets frustrated a wee bit at times with me giving me directions.
He uses directions ie: North, South, East, West; I use landmarks, ie: Harvey's spotted dog by the old barn, the gray house up yonder, the Restaurant with the chicken on the roof and the wagon wheel out front.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:23 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
I think he is looking for more signs from you as to your intentions. After all, you broke it off last time, maybe he thinks you're going to do the same this time.

Why don't you initiate a date this weekend? He shouldn't have to do that every time.

If you like this guy, it may be time to take things to the next level, which means physical contact. I'm sorry, if I've been out on a date with a girl 4 times, and she hasn't shown a willingness to physically contact me, not even in a sexual way, but in a "we are going to have sex in the near future" kind of way, then I'm going to assume she isn't into me and probably start to drift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships