Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 04:18 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskia82 View Post
I haven't found mine yet after years trying . I am almost giving up now.

I think finding your true love is rare, and those who found it should consider themselves really lucky. That's for a few people.

If you found yours, how did you meet? Tell your story.
I haven't found mine. I thought I did, but...

There's more to life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 04:31 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Nope, not even close. Married the wrong woman and since the divorce, its been 5 years of Hell. Thought I found her earlier this year, but was wrong about that, as she turned out to lack emotional intelligence and was emotionally immature for a woman 36 years old. I think my chances get slimmer daily because I'm 46 now and because of where I live. I did get a little encouragement when I was in New York City (for the first time, by the way) last week on business and women were messaging me on Tinder left and right and checking me out on OKCupid. So I'm in the wrong city to meet her and I can't change it in the near future. Just sucks.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:32 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
We found each other quite by accident.

Here's the thing...give up looking!!! You don't find your "true love" that way and it only ends up frustrating you!

Just live your life to the fullest - be active, be involved, be OPEN to all new experiences - THAT is how you will stumble across the one for you
I'm about to start following this, as I'm now convinced looking does me no good.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:35 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskia82 View Post

........If you found yours, how did you meet? Tell your story.
Our school hallway lockers were next to each other, freshman year of high school. More than forty years ago.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:51 PM

7,453 posts, read 4,686,150 times
I think I may have just found mine today!

I was on vacation about a month ago, and dated this sizzling hotter than a thousands suns lady (well, I actually dated about 10 of them ). Nothing much happened after that and I was bummed I had to go back home.

Today, we caught up on FB and started chatting and the entire day we somehow "developed." She told me of this song about a love story of different worlds (night and day literally). We both opened up to each other and by the time we bid our byes, we're already BF/GF.

I think I'm just dreaming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships