Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 04:06 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times

Advertisements

I posted my reply in a different section. I have only shared similar music taste with girls in my twenties. I figured it was because we were close in age. Never again since. I think it is to do with the fact that I have always dated younger girls. I couldn't tell you any artists today. I hate the voice. Girls should not make guys watch that show. Again, guys don't want to watch that show. It's cruel and unusual punishment. The same goes for the Biggest loser. Watching fat people work out would be a hit show. Who would have thought?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 04:08 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
yeah

Old 10-25-2014, 04:13 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,369,217 times
Husband: Blues and classic rock. He also listens to some 90's alternative.

Me: Epic music/film scores (contemporary classical), classical, new age, indie soul, *some* pop (including 80's), rock and alternative. I listen to some blues, too.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:15 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Husband: Blues and classic rock. He also listens to some 90's alternative.

Me: Epic music/film scores (contemporary classical), classical, new age, indie soul, *some* pop (including 80's), rock and alternative. I listen to some blues, too.

Your husband has the same taste as me. We must be close in age. I like 80's music too. Added Motown, fifties, jazz.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 10-25-2014 at 04:29 PM..

Old 10-25-2014, 04:20 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
We are VERY close. We both love blues (our #1), brass, some jazz, zydeco (and Lousiana music in general), a lot of oldies..

He likes folk (Baez, John Denver) a lot more than I do.
I like Motown / soul better than he does.
I like country and he hardly likes it at all.
I like rockabilly (usually) and he don't.

But we share enough in common.

Old 10-25-2014, 04:25 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That will work... I might have to que up the music player with some of that........

I do a mean karaoke impression of the king...... I get laughs and it's a real crowd pleaser cause I way over impersonate him.....
Haha.
The king never gets old

Old 10-25-2014, 04:32 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
GF: punk rock, some jazz, stuff like PJ Harvey and Nirvana is her favorite.
Me: indie stuff that isn't too hipster, and a lot of psychedelic rock/pop.. especially the Flaming Lips.

It's not even close to the gap between the OP and her SO so you would think we would get along fine here, but I tend more towards less abrasive and more melodic while she tends towards louder and more aggressive, so sometimes she thinks my music is boring and sometimes I think hers is ugly.

I think it would probably be easier to see eye to eye on the music gap if you're not super into music in general... if you're passionate about it and your SO actively hates it, then it's more of a problem than if you just casually listen without really thinking too much about it.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:09 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
How similar are your and your partner's taste in music?

In our case, it's very different lol.

Me:
EDM, classical, international folk music, Spanish music, classic rock, melodic death metal, 80s-90s rap

Husband:
He only listens to: Taylor Swift "Shake it Off", Backstreet Boys, One Direction, Megan Trainer "All About Bass", Sia "Chandelier", Magic "Rude", Justin Bieber "Baby"

How do you balance radio control with your partner?
We both like the same kind of music, basically. Neither of us listen to the radio, however, and neither of us listen to any of the 2500 cd's we own, even though they are cataloged and easy to find exactly which one you want. What we listen to is music on our laptops, and music on or Ipads. I also have a 160 gig Ipod with music on it that I can plug in to the radio's in our vehicles if I want. You may laugh but it is not uncommon to see us sitting side by side in our recliners, both wearing headsets, listening to music. I put a small program on our computers called "winamp" we use it to play music instead on Windows Media Player because it doesn't take up a lot of space on the computer display. Another good source of music is Youtube if you want to listen to newer music. I store all of our music on a one tera byte hard drive.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:12 PM

52,259 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
We both like the same kind of music, basically. Neither of us listen to the radio, however, and neither of us listen to any of the 2500 cd's we own, even though they are cataloged and easy to find exactly which one you want. What we listen to is music on our laptops, and music on or Ipads. I also have a 160 gig Ipod with music on it that I can plug in to the radio's in our vehicles if I want. You may laugh but it is not uncommon to see us sitting side by side in our recliners, both wearing headsets, listening to music. I put a small program on our computers called "winamp" we use it to play music instead on Windows Media Player because it doesn't take up a lot of space on the computer display. Another good source of music is Youtube if you want to listen to newer music. I store all of our music on a one tera byte hard drive.
There's tons of music option... Rhapsody, Pandora, Sirrus/Xm streaming.... lots of stuff out there... it's good to see a guy who's a bit older who isn't afraid of technology..........

Old 10-25-2014, 05:19 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.. I can't picture a young Asian woman into old school classic country..... Got to bust out some Willie or Hank.......

I'm just joshing ya.....
Do you actually own any Willie and Hank? I'm betting not... Dang it, thanks to you and Julia, I'm lovin' this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships