Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 07:10 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Thats what all of my friends don't understand. I listen to Priest, Floyd, and Stevie Ray Vaughn because thats what I listened to growing up because my dad took me out on the weekend.
You sound like you're ten yrs younger than me... assuming that the 79 part of your screen name is your age.

But yeah.... I hung with older guys when I was a young teenager.. was exposed to all the "greats" back in the day......... the first time I heard Screaming for Vengeance I thought... ****...... I'm never ever gonna not like hard rock... and it was set... much like the imprinting that ducks do... I was hooked on hard rock and metal and this is way back in the early 80's... I'm dating myself a bit.. but it is what it is....

Hard rock/metal will and forever be my first choice.. but I listen to everything under the sun.. I'm truly a music fan and If it weren't for music I don't know if I'd be this side of the ground... but that is best left for a blog entry.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2014, 08:22 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times
My musical preferences could be best categorized as: Brit pop, punk rock, hip hop. Power pop and some old metal. Gen X child of the 80s here so I love it all.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:30 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,533,072 times
I like punk, post hardcore, rock, alternative, sometimes pop and certain hip hop

My SO is in to alternative, easy rock (like morning radio kind of stuff), older pop, and minimal techno.

I guess not terribly opposite tastes, and she likes the novelty of going to a DIY kind of show, so that's cool, but we don't really 'cross streams' that often either.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:37 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times
Lol I only listen to the good stuff...
Music is always going whether I'm driving, working, cooking, or relaxing.
I don't like or watch tv- but good music is essential to my entire existence.
So....I can't & won't be w/ a guy who has horrible taste in music or who just listens to garbage-
which includes jazz, rap, opera, most country, & anything by 311, Nicki Minaj,
Beyonce or any other bands/singers who suck all the way around.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:04 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol I only listen to the good stuff...
Music is always going whether I'm driving, working, cooking, or relaxing.
I don't like or watch tv- but good music is essential to my entire existence.
So....I can't & won't be w/ a guy who has horrible taste in music or who just listens to garbage-
which includes jazz, rap, opera, most country, & anything by 311, Nicki Minaj,
Beyonce or any other bands/singers who suck all the way around.
Doesn't everybody (in their opinion)?

Old 10-25-2014, 11:55 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
I had some good girlfriends with horrible musical taste. The woman I married has seen over 200 bands with me. Kind of helps bridge the gap related to this thread //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...cal-views.html

Old 10-26-2014, 11:08 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Doesn't everybody (in their opinion)?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I always thought I listened to the good stuff...

Old 10-26-2014, 11:52 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
I can appreciate a lot of different music. However, a girl has got to appreciate my fandom and connection to rapper MGK. Non-negotiable.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:39 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You sound like you're ten yrs younger than me... assuming that the 79 part of your screen name is your age.

But yeah.... I hung with older guys when I was a young teenager.. was exposed to all the "greats" back in the day......... the first time I heard Screaming for Vengeance I thought... ****...... I'm never ever gonna not like hard rock... and it was set... much like the imprinting that ducks do... I was hooked on hard rock and metal and this is way back in the early 80's... I'm dating myself a bit.. but it is what it is....

Hard rock/metal will and forever be my first choice.. but I listen to everything under the sun.. I'm truly a music fan and If it weren't for music I don't know if I'd be this side of the ground... but that is best left for a blog entry.......
I'm 35, but yeah, hard rock is good as long as I can understand the lyrics. Death metal and stuff was never my thing.

I love live music. Finding a open air festival where I can park myself at a stage, smoke a few, relax, I love that. When the sun goes down, I'll get crazier and venture further in, but the pit is something I don't do often anymore.

Old 10-26-2014, 03:54 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
I won't date anyone that listens to rap, hiphop or Maroon 5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships