Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 01:40 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am a really young 35. Both in looks and actions. Most people are shocked when I say my age. They think I am 28-29 tops.

When I did online dating I found that men would contact you if they wanted, and it didn't matter your age, or the age range you were looking for.

If they think you look late twenties, guys in that range will contact you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 03:19 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
I have been attempting online dating since the beginning of July. I am 35 and I have been looking in the 30-39 range. I have been on about 25 dates from this source. Two I would go out a second time. One, I went out with 3-4 times, right up until he brought drugs to my house. I did go out with two men in their mid 40's, the conclusion was just eww. I don't do old.

The men in my age range are just weird cats. They are either pissed off at women or have other issues. I can't get away from them fast enough.

I have a lot of 22-29 year olds messaging me and up until recently I was just ignoring them. Now I am thinking why not...

Ultimately I want a long term relationship that leads to marriage. Are 22-29 year olds able to even offer this. Or am I just asking to have my heart broke yet again?

My sons father was 6 years younger and we would have worked out if he was a happy person and not looking for happiness in the next woman. We matched in looks, activity level, interests, etc.

What am I missing? Should I be giving the 22-29 year olds a chance?

Try it out and let us know what happened . I am in the same situation. Get flooded by messages from 10 years younger guys and 10 years older guys but singles in my age range (37-45) are non existent or douches.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:33 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I'm not disputing your facts at all. I think you are dismissing mine without considering their impact on aging. Biologically, men will age better than women given the exact same environmental factors. How many people have the exact same environmental factors? Aging is both biologically and environmentally driven. Men have the edge biologically, but women have the edge environmentally.

Of course menopausal women will age at a faster rate due to their hormonal loss. This can be alleviated somewhat with HRT...correct? Don't most women go through menopause in their fifties though? The OP has a good 15-20 years before that is an issue.

I asked what research you were basing your ideas on sunscreen.Everything I've ever read has stressed the importance of sunscreen and the fact that men die twice as often due to skin cancer. I've even read about the reasons why men don't use sunscreen.

More sun exposure combined with less sunscreen leads to more severe skin damage. sun damage causes premature aging. Thus men would show that sign of aging before a woman who has used sunscreen daily.

You agreed that women eat more fruit and veg, which can help stop premature aging.
Here's what the phys therapist isn't explaining. How come some dudes look so old at mid- or late-40's, it's scary, while some women the same age or older, even--early 50's, look absurdly young, like mid-late 20's, and are in great shape? (And before anyone jumps to conclusions, I've talked to a couple of women who fit the description, and they didn't buy their looks. They stayed out of the sun all their life, work out, eat healthy, etc.) The way the phys therapist is talking, those people don't exist.

Last edited by NewbiePoster; 10-28-2014 at 03:48 PM..

Old 10-28-2014, 03:39 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,872 times
Go for it, you are 35 and easily can date guys in their later 20s. Like my age age, 27 which would be less than a decade and the same generation. Heartbreak can happen witn anyone so do t think about it and give yourself and those men a chance. All this in your head, you are young not old. Go for it! Oh and we need more women like you!

Old 10-28-2014, 03:44 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Here's what the phys therapist isn't explaining. How come some dudes look so old at mid- or late-40's, it's scary, while some women the same age or older, even--early 50's look absurdly young and are in great shape? (And before anyone jumps to conclusions, I've talked to a couple of women who fit the description, and they didn't buy their looks. They stayed out of the sun all their life, work out, eat healthy, etc.) The way the phys therapist is talking, those people don't exist.
I agree with this. I went on a date with a woman last weekend who is 51, but she could easily pass for 10 years younger. She is very active and does yoga several days a week and also ran in the Marine Corp marathon. This is an individual thing, and claiming that all women are washed up when they reach 40 or all men can't get it up when they reach 40 is just silly. Sure some men might have that happen, some might even in their 30's. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, taking care of yourself goes a long way.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Was that really necessary?
LMAO you look solidly 30s. Not 40 and certainly not 45, you look closest to 29 then 45. Not that it is important but I'm being honest. I'm 27 and if you said you were five years older I would not question you . Hopefully you look like this at45!

Old 10-28-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I have been attempting online dating since the beginning of July. I am 35 and I have been looking in the 30-39 range. I have been on about 25 dates from this source. Two I would go out a second time. One, I went out with 3-4 times, right up until he brought drugs to my house. I did go out with two men in their mid 40's, the conclusion was just eww. I don't do old.

The men in my age range are just weird cats. They are either pissed off at women or have other issues. I can't get away from them fast enough.

I have a lot of 22-29 year olds messaging me and up until recently I was just ignoring them. Now I am thinking why not...

Ultimately I want a long term relationship that leads to marriage. Are 22-29 year olds able to even offer this. Or am I just asking to have my heart broke yet again?

My sons father was 6 years younger and we would have worked out if he was a happy person and not looking for happiness in the next woman. We matched in looks, activity level, interests, etc.

What am I missing? Should I be giving the 22-29 year olds a chance?
Are you going to post your pics for us to see? By the way I am in my late 20s and I would not date you seriously given all you have provided. Maybe a quick romp.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:17 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Are you going to post your pics for us to see? By the way I am in my late 20s and I would not date you seriously given all you have provided. Maybe a quick romp.
I don't do quick romps.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:46 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Here's what the phys therapist isn't explaining. How come some dudes look so old at mid- or late-40's, it's scary, while some women the same age or older, even--early 50's, look absurdly young, like mid-late 20's, and are in great shape? (And before anyone jumps to conclusions, I've talked to a couple of women who fit the description, and they didn't buy their looks. They stayed out of the sun all their life, work out, eat healthy, etc.) The way the phys therapist is talking, those people don't exist.
When did I say these people don't exist? Oh, that's right, I didn't. It's as if you have no concept of the law of averages. I said that men's bodies tend to not age as quickly because of a hormonal advantage. Does that mean that every guy over the age of 40 living on this planet has better skin and is in better shape than every woman that age. No, it doesn't. It just means that on average middle aged men are able to keep their shape with less effort than middle aged women if they decide to do so, which they statistically do (by average).

There is nothing more annoying than stating a statistical fact like mountain Gorillas are by average bigger than humans, only to have someone ask "how come I know some dude that weighs 500lbs, while some Gorillas only weigh 400lbs?" "Explain that?" This is about the only thing you can say to a grown man or woman that does this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpByf5nFCO8

Old 10-28-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
When did I say these people don't exist? Oh, that's right, I didn't. It's as if you have no concept of the law of averages. I said that men's bodies tend to not age as quickly because of a hormonal advantage. Does that mean that every guy over the age of 40 living on this planet has better skin and is in better shape than every woman that age. No, it doesn't. It just means that on average middle aged men are able to keep their shape with less effort than middle aged women if they decide to do so, which they statistically do (by average).

There is nothing more annoying than stating a statistical fact like mountain Gorillas are by average bigger than humans, only to have someone ask "how come I know some dude that weighs 500lbs, while some Gorillas only weigh 400lbs?" "Explain that?" This is about the only thing you can say to a grown man or woman that does this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpByf5nFCO8

LOL, nice video by the way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships