Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:30 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,030,584 times

Advertisements

I dont need the assistance. I take it because we qualify and it helps keep me in a good financial place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 08:32 AM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am but i still have my financial life in order. I have savings, a home, drive a nice car, only debt is a small car payment and mortgage. I am completely fine financially.

I am spending half of November in the caribbean with my family. Trip was purchased with cash. Really I am fine financially. I am not asking for a man to bring equal money to the relationship, however somewhere close would be nice.

I dont advertise that my kids are on state insurance and we get food stamps. Appearance wise, i look and act very much upper middle class, as that is how I was raised.

I do not need or want a man for financial reasons. I have that covered. I want a life partner.
Not really sure how someone could be fine financially and yet be getting government assistance.... seems contradictory...
I don't have that much of an issue with people receiving aid, especially since it helps the kids out, it does serve a purpose.

Your posts in the thread have been pretty judgmental and rude at times, for you to be looking down your nose at people while getting the aid seems a little odd to me.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:38 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
I dont need the assistance. I take it because we qualify and it helps keep me in a good financial place.

Fair enough, but it does mean you're not self sufficient. You're sufficient on yourself and the public's help.

That's fine, public assistance is a good thing for people that need the help, but being honest with who and what you are, and where you are in your life, is pretty critical in being able to date and have healthy relationships. Self honesty is just as important as honesty with others.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:40 AM

Wait so what part of what I am looking for in a relationship is unrealistic?

Within 5-6 years of my age?
Non Smoker?
Non drug user?
Have not been inmate in the last decade?
Not covered in tattoos and piercings?
Employed?
Drives and has transportation?
Not still living with parents or ex?
Being a reasonable size?
Not loud an obnoxious?

I am not even trying to add in good career and education.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:45 AM

Not knowing where you live and the demographics, its impossible to say.

But it sure does seem like you're in a rush. It very well may take many years to find a good match, maybe longer. That's ok. Not sure why you are in such a rush. You seem to have the similar complaint every month or so and have a real "need" to date (considering how many first dates you've had). Since you don't need someone, I'm not sure why you are putting so much importance on dating, especially since you've had two LTRs that led to children and I'm sure they take a lot of your time.

Maybe a good long break would be good for you.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:50 AM

I live in the northeast. Within 30 miles of a major metropolitan city. Not the midwest.

I want someone to have a relationship with, spend adult time with, travel and jist have a companion. I would like to be married again.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:51 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,479 times
Quote:
Instead of taking public assistance, why aren't you taking child support from the fathers of your kids?

Old 10-27-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I want someone to have a relationship with, spend adult time with, travel and jist have a companion. I would like to be married again.

I've never been married, but I'd like to be someday I think and I'd like all those things you mention too, but still, breaks of 6 mos to a year (or more) are important to have. Having finding someone be huge priority in your life doesn't lead to happiness, IMO. If things aren't working in dating for you, take a break and improve your life.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Instead of taking public assistance, why aren't you taking child support from the fathers of your kids?
Currently uncollectible. I have tried and actively trying now with the help of the states attorneys office.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:08 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,835,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Another problem is that once women hit hit their mid to late 40's, they really start to lose it (most of the time). Do you really want to be dating a guy in his mid 30's that has no children with you when this starts to happen? When you reverse the roles, it's easier for a guy that age to stay fit, and he can keep a younger woman around with security.

As I always say, there must be something seriously wrong with my eyes, then. Are there 40+ men that are fit and attractive? Of course there are, but they're hardly the norm.

If it's "easier" for men in their mid-late 40s and older to stay fit (and, indeed, it may be), then why don't more of them do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships