Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 05:21 PM

60 posts, read 39,221 times

Advertisements

Yes, it is!! Sorry!! It does help, because just confirms what I knew deep down. But from him constantly saying all that stuff. It just really messes up your head. I am sorry for posting all this ****. I really am. You just 2nd guess yourself. It's crazy !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 05:38 PM

12,946 posts, read 9,578,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post1995 View Post
Yes, it is!! Sorry!! It does help, because just confirms what I knew deep down. But from him constantly saying all that stuff. It just really messes up your head. I am sorry for posting all this ****. I really am. You just 2nd guess yourself. It's crazy !!!
Then you need to get out of that situation for your own good and peace of mind. Why put up with that if you don't have to.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:58 PM

Your right, I don't have too!!i am out of it. Just trying to heal from 4 years of verbal abuse and emotional. Well, me and everyone else thinks it is. But for some reason I keep thinking is this stuff just normal , I mean , is it??

Old 10-26-2014, 06:08 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,706,375 times
I suggest you go to a therapist who can help you work through these issues. You know it isn't normal so stop asking.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Your right, I don't have too!!i am out of it. Just trying to heal from 4 years of verbal abuse and emotional. Well, me and everyone else thinks it is. But for some reason I keep thinking is this stuff just normal , I mean , is it??
Its only normal if you want it to be normal, but the average guy do not behave like this. If you feel that you are damaged from this relationship then perhaps you should seek help. Best of luck to you as you move on with your life.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:55 PM

You're right, I do know it's not normal - 90% of me knows this. But then there is 10% of me that thinks, did I make a big deal of this stuff? Or would most women not put up with half of this?

Old 10-26-2014, 07:07 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,677,867 times
Quote:
You're right, I do know it's not normal - 90% of me knows this. But then there is 10% of me that thinks, did I make a big deal of this stuff? Or would most women not put up with half of this?
They would not.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I second that, they would absolutely not put up with that.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:34 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,968,828 times
Quote:
Your reaction is normal in an abusive relationship. He gets in your head, and you question yourself and you think you should put up with his bs.

You lose track of what normal really is.

Call your local women's center, and start going to their support group, if you can find a way that he won't know about it. Either way, start saving money and making plans for how you can get away.

--

@Memphis: If she stays with him, he will start hitting her, and their kid if they have one. Abusers often begin with being jealous, then controlling, then verbally abusive, then physical.

If he hit her on the first date, there would never be a second date. But now that he's gotten her brainwashed into thinking his whackadoodle behavior might just be normal, he's halfway there.

Humans are very adaptable to social structures, it's hardwired, and abusers take advantage of that. So did the nazis, and KKK, and fundamentalists of all types.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:34 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,318,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Your reaction is normal in an abusive relationship. He gets in your head, and you question yourself and you think you should put up with his bs.

You lose track of what normal really is.

Call your local women's center, and start going to their support group, if you can find a way that he won't know about it. Either way, start saving money and making plans for how you can get away.

--

@Memphis: If she stays with him, he will start hitting her, and their kid if they have one. Abusers often begin with being jealous, then controlling, then verbally abusive, then physical.

If he hit her on the first date, there would never be a second date. But now that he's gotten her brainwashed into thinking his whackadoodle behavior might just be normal, he's halfway there.

Humans are very adaptable to social structures, it's hardwired, and abusers take advantage of that. So did the nazis, and KKK, and fundamentalists of all types.
Bull****, you don't know that.

Look, she should leave the guy for being a ******** on money? Yeah, probably. My dad and his now wife started out going dutch on everything. When they got married, he made her sign a prenuptial that what was his before, would be his or mine if he died. They still split bills, I've seen her say "oh, I owe you 50 for going out last night." Thats the dynamic they agreed upon. Do they argue about money, sometimes.

Nothing as bad as the op said, but for the last time, this is not abuse. Hell every relationship I've been in has had me second guess myself at sometime or the other. Thats not a sign of abuse.

I hate that abuse is being thrown around as a replacement for ******* behavior. Abuse is violent, verbal or physical. This guy is not violent and shows no inclination to be violent. He's a ass, but a long way from abusive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships