Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 01:36 PM

52,259 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It is exhausting, and honestly I bow out of most of them now, so we see each other less. Probably not a great long term match, as I have little desire to go out until 1am on a worknight. I just can't do it, while she is out every night. Heck, she texted me at 12:30 last night to hang out.

Maybe I'm just a fuddy duddy, I dont know. She can work 10 hr days and go out all the time. I can't.
Yep... I can't hang anymore. I'm 45 and I have to get up at 5:00 in the morning for work, I'm usually in bed by 9:30 or so...... Oh well...it is what it is......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 03:51 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,621,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPox View Post
So I was on a house party last night. There were about four couples. Of those couples there was one tall, handsome man, ... his gf really plain and introverted. Two obese women (no sports, chocolate all-day), with resting ***** face, quite confident, with well groomed, muscular bf's and one average looking guy with an odd looking gf (huge classes, strange teeth). Later that day, a good-looking woman entered the room,... she was single.

Yes, our dating world is screwed. I felt like in a freak show. What is wrong with men these days?
Maybe the good-looking woman was shy? Maybe she was only good-looking to you... remember... "good looking," "pretty," and "beautiful" are subjective.

It reminds me of last week at a concert. Some guy was surprised I was single because he thought I was pretty. He thought I was dating this other guy I was talking to (which the other guy was cute and I liked talking to him); when I said no - he asked why I'm single and have been single for 5 years. He turned into a creeper...

Anyway, I think introverts (which I'm introverted) have a harder time than an extrovert. Personality types, I think, determine a lot regardless of the looks.

Old 10-27-2014, 07:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Yes I have a line....#54 you are next.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:59 PM

295 posts, read 307,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Maybe the good-looking woman was shy? Maybe she was only good-looking to you... remember... "good looking," "pretty," and "beautiful" are subjective.

It reminds me of last week at a concert. Some guy was surprised I was single because he thought I was pretty. He thought I was dating this other guy I was talking to (which the other guy was cute and I liked talking to him); when I said no - he asked why I'm single and have been single for 5 years. He turned into a creeper...

Anyway, I think introverts (which I'm introverted) have a harder time than an extrovert. Personality types, I think, determine a lot regardless of the looks.
I don't think that the definition of "beauty" is subjective. You can look it up online, features of a face which is considered beautiful by men. The opposite is ugly then, or maybe unattractive.

When you speak of introverts, do you mean shy people? Because I'm an introvert myself, but I'm not shy. When I think of people having a difficult time meeting someone, I think of people who are too shy to approach. But somehow introverts might be affected, because they enjoy spending time on their own more than being around other people...?

Old 10-27-2014, 10:22 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Quote:
I don't think that the definition of "beauty" is subjective. You can look it up online, features of a face which is considered beautiful by men. The opposite is ugly then, or maybe unattractive.

When you speak of introverts, do you mean shy people? Because I'm an introvert myself, but I'm not shy. When I think of people having a difficult time meeting someone, I think of people who are too shy to approach. But somehow introverts might be affected, because they enjoy spending time on their own more than being around other people...?
The definition isn't subjective. But who you're applying the word to is. Your beautiful woman, may be another guy's dog.

Introvert or shy can suffer. Someone may be quiet and prefer their own company, but not shy, however, from the outside looking in, many can't tell the difference between intro, shy, or snotty or uninterested. All they know if someone off by themselves, who isn't socializing. So, they may not be approached, or get approached by people who are up to no good. Or, because they aren't scared to approach, but simply don't care to.

So, introvert or shy really will have a harder time with social cues and dealings than extroverts and genuine social butterflies..

Old 10-28-2014, 02:32 AM

128 posts, read 203,173 times
Do unattractive and average-looking women have it easier than attractive women? Who's more likely to be wined and dined and who's more likely to get pumped and dumped?

Attractive women are treated better by men and often also by women. Men will spend more, tolerate more, and fall in love faster with a beautiful woman. Studies show attractive people have an easier time getting jobs, raises, and promotions. People are also more likely to perceive them as kinder and better people.

I picked my username "Protégé" off the first season of The Apprentice (I thought it was the men's team). It's interesting to watch that show and see how some of the most successful salesmen and businessmen in the country can't sell as well as an attractive woman who flirts and giggles. Trump eventually had to mix the sexes specifically because the women's team kept using their looks and sex appeal to win challenges.

Beginning about 1 minute in, the women's team bought a 1 oz gold bar for $10 under the retail price of $400.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJ6...tp4nBu&index=3

Professional women selling candy bars for $5. At ~5:29, just like in real life, the least attractive girl has to drop her skirt for male attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX8L...7y1tp8whLvNVwA

Old 10-28-2014, 08:22 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Average looking woman may have a better shot in places like NYC, DC, Philly and other North east cities. I have seen plenty of unattractive women attached to someone who is not ugly or fat. I have a female friend who move to Southwest which is great for jobs. In nyc she had no shortage of men, but out on the southwest she has been single for years. The men she had I ny were very good looking, but were she lived now, not even ugly men want her. Shallowness vary by region. But in places like Florida or Southern California average looking wont get you much dates.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 10-28-2014 at 08:31 AM..

Old 10-28-2014, 08:24 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I think it's more outgoing people who have it easier in dating, no matter how they look.
I'd agree with this. Appearance matters, but if you're an extrovert as well, you're probably going to go a lot further than an introvert who looks similar to you.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:39 PM

596 posts, read 627,598 times
Hi,

I'm sorry I'm just responding...busy for days but interesting responses....

Quote:
So I was on a house party last night. There were about four couples. Of those couples there was one tall, handsome man, ... his gf really plain and introverted. Two obese women (no sports, chocolate all-day), with resting ***** face, quite confident, with well groomed, muscular bf's and one average looking guy with an odd looking gf (huge classes, strange teeth). Later that day, a good-looking woman entered the room,... she was single.

Yes, our dating world is screwed. I felt like in a freak show. What is wrong with men these days?
I see this all the time, there's a guy I know who all the girls on campus swoon for and he's a good looking guy but he is so painfully shy; his gf on the other hand (in my eyes at least) is pretty average in comparison. Turns out the way they got together is that she asked him This guy also told me that when he isn't in a relationship he has long periods where he's just single because he's very shy and doesn't always like the approach (to girls).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post

Maybe average women get approached more, but that might just be guys looking for an easy pick up/ONS.

It would be interesting to see who gets more long term dating or marriage prospects. That's what most women are looking for.
I'm in definite agreement that average looking women get approached more often; I heard so many guys say they wouldn't talk to so so because they felt she was either out of their league or already taken, while she was actually single. I have one set of friends where one of is absolutely gorgeous but hasn't really had bf and as result is growing to be insecure about it, and then the other is fairly average (not the best of teeth) but has had more bf than all of the girls in our group and as a result, this girl has a higher opinion of herself and worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I think it's more outgoing people who have it easier in dating, no matter how they look.
What about the gorgeous, outgoing female? I personally think that combination of being "beautiful" and outgoing to be even more challenging because there's the added intimidation factor.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:12 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
It goes Hot Girl>Average Girl=Hot Guy>Ugly Girl=Average Guy>Ugly Guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships