Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:52 PM

698 posts, read 798,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Why are you trying to make this thread about me?

This is something strange that I've noticed on this forum (especially among the female posters). If I describe a situation that you view as unlikely, I get accused of making it up.
yes it's just plain nutty to make accusations about circumstances when the person(poster) has no basis to assume either way. They'll never know. So assume the best, that the posts are truthful (as most people don't come on here to lie anyhow) And assuming the best is just respectful to others in the discussion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 07:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
To the posters in this thread that remarked that this is a normal relationship, I would have to disagree. I know many men and women that are in obviously normal relationships. In fact, this describes most of the people that I know.

This relationship is definitely not normal.

Another interesting thing that I forgot to include is that she told me that they had been dating for 6 years, "on and off" as she put it. Not sure what that means.
Have you honestly never heard of people having on and off relationships? It means that they broke up and got back together - probably more than once. This is also fairly common.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:33 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Have you honestly never heard of people having on and off relationships? It means that they broke up and got back together - probably more than once. This is also fairly common.
I do know people that have done that often (the on and off relationships), but they were never stable adults. Everyone that I know that is in a successful/happy marriage or a successful/happy LTR had very linear relationships.

Also, I, personally, have never been in an on-and-off relationship. So it is a bit strange to me, yes. It makes me think that one or both parties is not that interested in the other.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
I do know people that have done that often (the on and off relationships), but they were never stable adults. Everyone that I know that is in a successful/happy marriage or a successful/happy LTR had very linear relationships.

Also, I, personally, have never been in an on-and-off relationship. So it is a bit strange to me, yes. It makes me think that one or both parties is not that interested in the other.
I've never been in an off/on relationship - but I know many people that have that are now happily married to that person.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:30 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:

Again, I realize that this is none of my business and that I should get my own life (lol), but, for the sake of discussion, is this woman cheating?
I know some married men who are similarly open with their observations and statements about the opposite sex. When I express surprise when they say that (or act like that) because they're married, arguing, perhaps naively, that married people shouldn't do that, they always say, "I'm married, not dead!"

I guess they have a point...

[......]

Old 10-30-2014, 08:37 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
To the posters in this thread that remarked that this is a normal relationship, I would have to disagree. I know many men and women that are in obviously normal relationships. In fact, this describes most of the people that I know.

This relationship is definitely not normal.

Another interesting thing that I forgot to include is that she told me that they had been dating for 6 years, "on and off" as she put it. Not sure what that means.
The only thing here that is not normal, is your fascination with someone else's relationship and getting all bajiggity about it.

It's becoming rather obvious to me that you have the hots for this woman.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:38 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
The only thing here that is not normal, is your fascination with someone else's relationship and getting all bajiggity about it.

It's becoming rather obvious to me that you have the hots for this woman.
I do think that she's physically attractive, but, to be honest, her personality is very off-putting to me. So, no, I do not "have the hots for her". I just spend a lot of time with her and she makes these comments constantly.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:29 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Eh, she sounds like me. I am always openly admiring the opposite sex, flirt with EVERYBODY whether young, old hot or not. I even joke with my husband about finding me a "cabana boy." I am not having any affairs or looking for one, it is just my personality. I think the same is probably true about the person in question in the OP's post.

Just my .02 cents.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:37 AM

432 posts, read 362,110 times
I'll post as I read along:

Quote:
First off, I will pre-empt some posters here that will say "Why do you care? It's none of your business."
Fair enough, but I'm just curious and I'd like to see what others think about this.
I actually don't care but I'm still going to help you.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm friends with this very attractive, recently married, mid-30s, professional woman at work. We often go out in a group setting and have a good time. She's very flirty (not just with me, but with everyone).
She's either cheating or wants to cheat.

I'm not supporting cheating, but if you want to sleep with her then go ahead. She's going to cheat regardless if it's your or someone else.

Quote:
Now, she is not in an ordinary relationship. She is completely out of her husband's league in every way possible (looks, money, personality, etc). She even states that her husband was not her type when they first met. Also, he lives and works in another state.
Long distance and she already feels like there's no challenge? She's going to cheat.

Quote:
Over the years, I've gotten to know her really well and she frequently talks about how good-looking other men are. I mean constantly, more than just about anyone I've ever met. Sometimes, she says things that make me go
She's going to cheat.

Quote:
Today, for example, we were talking about going our gym and a new fitness instructor started working there. She said (right away, of course) "Is he hot?"

Another female friend said "Well, he's married." And she said "It's okay. I'll just look, not touch." She says things like this on a daily basis. Combined with her flirtatious nature, it makes me wonder.

Again, I realize that this is none of my business and that I should get my own life (lol), but, for the sake of discussion, is this woman cheating?
She wants to cheat/already is/she's going to.

There's no such thing as long distance relationships anyway. Poor guy.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:49 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
No, I wouldn't say cheating. Behaving inappropriately for a married woman, yes. But actually getting with men, no. There's no way you can tell from something like that. In fact, some people deliberately become more flirty once they are married because they now feel like everyone else knows they're "safe" and wouldn't really act on any of their flirtations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships