Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 11:44 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
In trouble? With your parents? Teachers? Who?

How do you imagine it is possible to get to know someone without talking to them? Do you think the other boys refuse to talk to the girls they are interested in, or is it just you?

I am really not following you.
Speaking of studying, you may wish to educate yourself on the social dynamics of rejection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 11:45 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm killer View Post
Hey all,so im new to this whole girls thing,and there is that chick in my school(other building) and her bus is right my class step,so i can see her,i usually just stand there after the last class and just stand,then she comes,i make a quick eye contact for like 2-5 secs with her and look elsewere and she gets on her bus,i cant simply walk there and talk to her coz i basicly cant,and i said rapist cause i stand in the same place same stance same time looking at the same chick everyday and im afraid she is annoyed or something,so what to do
If she were annoyed, she wouldn't make eye contact with you. She'd avoid looking at you. Next time she walks past, smile and say "hi". Or just smile. Work up to saying "hi". Build slowly, if you get a good, or at least neutral, response.

And btw, why would she be annoyed at just another student standing around waiting for his bus or parent or whatever? How could that possibly be annoying? If she were annoyed by the eye contact, you'd know. Do you even know this girl's name? Do you have any idea if she's even your age? She might be a couple of grades ahead of you, and in a different world.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:55 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
What do you want from this woman, anyway? A date? Just sex? Stop being a bus stop mouth breather. It's creepy. If you're going to stare at her, you'd might as well do something with your mouth like smile at her, instead of letting it hang open.
lol! Brutal! But truth. Constructive truth.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Now Julia you know step 1 is to quit referring to any female as a "chick"

Original poster: Quit standing in the same place and staring at her like a stalker.
Either approach her and use your voice and speak to her or go stand somewhere else.
*cough*

I say "chick." Not in polite company, but I grew up with "chick" as a neutral word and use it along with "guy" and "dude." Sorry CSD!

Old 10-28-2014, 01:31 PM

138 posts, read 171,445 times
Quote:
Hey all,so im new to this whole girls thing,and there is that chick in my school(other building) and her bus is right my class step,so i can see her,i usually just stand there after the last class and just stand,then she comes,i make a quick eye contact for like 2-5 secs with her and look elsewere and she gets on her bus,i cant simply walk there and talk to her coz i basicly cant,and i said rapist cause i stand in the same place same stance same time looking at the same chick everyday and im afraid she is annoyed or something,so what to do

Maybe hold a bottle of chloroform while you stand there and wear a ski mask....in July. Oh wait, you said you DON'T want to look like a rapist. My bad.

Ok, maybe just some conversation while specifically NOT holding a bottle of chloroform. If for some reason the "can't" talk thing is for real, maybe learn to mime. You know......another benefit of the mime thing is that you can hide your face and you STILL won't look like a rapist......something to think about.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:43 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,230,922 times
Quote:

Quote:
Lol what?
Funny, ^^^ I said the exact same thing when I read the OP

What do you mean you "can't"...why?

"Can't" because she has a bf or "can't" because you're afraid to?

How old are you? This sounds like junior high school jibberish.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:10 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
Well if you've done this for to long, longer than a week, you're already probably creeping her out.

Girls like it when you show interest, but not to much interest, especially in HS.

Is there a party, or event going on that you'll both be at? Why don't you just ask her out?

Old 10-28-2014, 02:22 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,343,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Speaking of studying, you may wish to educate yourself on the social dynamics of rejection.

What's to know about rejection?

(S)he says no, you move on...

Old 10-28-2014, 02:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,467,366 times
Quote:
...so what to do
Nothing.

[just keep staring like this >>> ]

Old 10-28-2014, 02:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr800-cr250 View Post
Maybe hold a bottle of chloroform while you stand there and wear a ski mask....in July. Oh wait, you said you DON'T want to look like a rapist. My bad.

Ok, maybe just some conversation while specifically NOT holding a bottle of chloroform. If for some reason the "can't" talk thing is for real, maybe learn to mime. You know......another benefit of the mime thing is that you can hide your face and you STILL won't look like a rapist......something to think about.
you forgot the trench coat dummy!!

OP, next time you see her, when she makes eye contact with you, wave at her. if she waves back, then she isnt being creeped out by you, and you have a shot. after that you need to go talk to her up close and in person. if you get that far, you need to be very cool and just make light conversation. ask her things like how her classes are going, etc. you know basic chit chat that you would make with your guy friends.

get to know her as a friend first. that way you can find out if you two might have a romantic future together or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships