Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 05:53 PM

12,103 posts, read 23,259,223 times

Advertisements

I can't get over the fact that you chose a country to meet in. Clearly, we all don't travel in the same social circles. As far as your post, you lost all credibility with the title alone, so you really should not expect any serious response. My best guesses are:

1) There is someone significant at home he doesn't want to **** off.

2) His plan was always to hit it and forget it.

3) He doesn't think you are worth a repeat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 05:57 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
How about not making gross generalizations of all men... I get that's easier to do when you're feeling frustrated....

You might get more answers here instead of you got "pumped and dumped" by some guys on the forum.
I read the post and thought the op was either niave or wasn't paying attention. That is hardy the gross generalization that all men are stupid. She wants to play that game, one could make a strong similar case against her. I'm not going to take that route.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:58 PM

30 posts, read 26,764 times
I am sorry about calling all men stupid! i didnt mean it like that.

He wasnt seeing anyone we did discuss that, i dont think his plan was to hit it and forget and even if it was we had decided to discuss it and move on. I am definitely worth a repeat. everyone who knows us both say that i can do much better and that he's old school trash and im pretty awesome.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:59 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I read the post and thought the op was either niave or wasn't paying attention. That is hardy the gross generalization that all men are stupid. She wants to play that game, one could make a strong similar case against her. I'm not going to take that route.

It's okay SD, I took that route a few posts above yours.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:01 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by konaine View Post

He wasnt seeing anyone we did discuss that, i dont think his plan was to hit it and forget and even if it was we had decided to discuss it and move on. I am definitely worth a repeat. everyone who knows us both say that i can do much better and that he's old school trash and im pretty awesome.
Well chalk it up to a loss and move on and find someone much better than "old school trash"

35,095 posts, read 51,207,670 times
Quote:

All of this could be true "according to YOUR friends" but apparently is not true for this guy.

5,121 posts, read 6,799,884 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (thread title has been changed).

I think you made a mistake sleeping with him... I wouldn't say you did anything bad, just messed up. Try not to beat yourself up about it, mistakes happen. But also try your best to learn from it and how not to make the same mistake twice (since in bothers you that it happened this way).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-29-2014 at 12:10 PM..

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times
Quote:

Ok, but if you have all that good stuff going, leave the guy alone. Sounds more like you don't want closure, so much as trying to save face and pride-"I am too good to ignore and not speak to" etc. Why need closure. Moving on with your life and him doing the same is all the closure you need, to know it wasn't a special relationship, and that you both need to go separate ways.

And keep in mind, that even if people say great things about you, doesn't mean everyone loves you. Some guys won't care how great you are if they only want sex. This guy may not be thought fondly of by your friends and acquaintances, but they don't speak for the world. Not all men will love you, or think your worth anything more than a hump and dump, if that's all they were after. So, you sound a bit arrogant and entitled.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:02 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
Quote:

If that makes you feel better, whatever.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:03 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,533 times
Quote:

For someone 'old school'. He is OK with friends with benefits, hump and dump you and chats PG18 with you. Tell him he's a hypocrite.

Also OP you do know what friends with benefits is right? So I'm not sure why you're upset.

I think friends with benefits is his 'old school' term for FB. You do know what FB is, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships