Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 08:13 AM

56 posts, read 90,651 times

Advertisements

I was set up on a date with a great guy at the end of September - it went really well and the next day he texted me to ask me out again. The second date went really well too, and then he went on holiday for 2 weeks. He kept in touch and spoke to me every single day on holiday, and then the day he came back he made plans with me for a third date. We went on this date on Friday (it is now Wednesday). While he texted me immediately after the date, he hasn't made any plans for this weekend with me, and now I'm worried that he has lost interest. On our last date, I actually let my guard down and we were flirting loads, plus we had a few debates and I told him some things I probably shouldn't have, as well as referring to the future - nothing too serious, just restaurants we should go to, and my upcoming holiday in December. He talks about the future (involving me) a lot too.

Yesterday we were flirting and he said I should let him know when he has another chance to get some 'brownie points' with me and I suggested this Friday. Now, he hasn't got back to me and I think I've massively turned him off. Is there anything I can do at this stage or is this a lost cause?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 08:22 AM

6,453 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Why not ask him on a date? He has asked 3 times now, show your interest and do the inviting.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:29 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Why not ask him on a date? He has asked 3 times now, show your interest and do the inviting.
Agreed. Take some initiative. He may not think you're interested. I probably would start feeling that way after three dates.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:30 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post

Seriously. If at this time the other person doesn't make an effort, I'm doubting they're into me.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:51 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,598 times
Show your interest and invite him. As others says.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:02 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelmcandrew View Post
I was set up on a date with a great guy at the end of September - it went really well and the next day he texted me to ask me out again. The second date went really well too, and then he went on holiday for 2 weeks. He kept in touch and spoke to me every single day on holiday, and then the day he came back he made plans with me for a third date. We went on this date on Friday (it is now Wednesday). While he texted me immediately after the date, he hasn't made any plans for this weekend with me, and now I'm worried that he has lost interest. On our last date, I actually let my guard down and we were flirting loads, plus we had a few debates and I told him some things I probably shouldn't have, as well as referring to the future - nothing too serious, just restaurants we should go to, and my upcoming holiday in December. He talks about the future (involving me) a lot too.

Yesterday we were flirting and he said I should let him know when he has another chance to get some 'brownie points' with me and I suggested this Friday. Now, he hasn't got back to me and I think I've massively turned him off. Is there anything I can do at this stage or is this a lost cause?
You have a very defeatist attitude and seem really hard on yourself. How come? Why are you second-guessing yourself? There is nothing here that indicates a "lost cause."

However, you do need to stop communicating solely through texts, if that's what you're doing. Technology is imperfect, texts don't go through, etc. Plus it's just not a good way to get to know someone.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:22 AM

157 posts, read 218,294 times
Quote:

What kind of debates did you have and what did you say that you feel you shouldn't have? Certain differences of opinion on certain topics can be deal-breakers for some people, be it one of you is really conservative and the other is really liberal, one is religious and one is not, etc.

And ditto to what everyone else said about taking initiative and showing mutual interest.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:35 AM

56 posts, read 90,651 times
We were debating whether someone can choose whether they're gay or not... and I was just generally my feisty self, in a jokey way, and I told him about a friend of mine who is using Tinder and another who has herpes. I'm not into casual sex nor do I have any STDs and I'm assuming he knows this, but this may have turned him off I guess.

Guys don't usually like the fact that I have strong opinions and I'm confident. Though I'm not sure why he would still be talking to me/flirting with me if this was the case.

Quite confused.

Oh and to everyone who said I should take the initiative, I did by suggesting Friday and he didn't get back to me.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:46 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:

Jeeze Louise. Are you needy or clingy? LOL...you said this was yesterday when you suggested Friday. It was YESTERDAY.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:54 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,922 times
Quote:
We were debating whether someone can choose whether they're gay or not... and I was just generally my feisty self, in a jokey way, and I told him about a friend of mine who is using Tinder and another who has herpes. I'm not into casual sex nor do I have any STDs and I'm assuming he knows this, but this may have turned him off I guess.

Guys don't usually like the fact that I have strong opinions and I'm confident. Though I'm not sure why he would still be talking to me/flirting with me if this was the case.

Quite confused.

Oh and to everyone who said I should take the initiative, I did by suggesting Friday and he didn't get back to me.
Why would you assume he knows that? How could he possibly know that, after 2 or 3 dates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships