Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:58 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,145,247 times

Advertisements

I typically sign up for a few weeks and delete my profile, wait a few months and sign up again.

I've noticed the same people from three years ago are still active. There's even dead give aways that the profile is old because they will mention age in the about section while the stats age has gone up by a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 07:03 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I typically sign up for a few weeks and delete my profile, wait a few months and sign up again.

I've noticed the same people from three years ago are still active. There's even dead give aways that the profile is old because they will mention age in the about section while the stats age has gone up by a few years.
Stay on the site as long as you want. Deleting and recreating your profile every few months seems pointless.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:41 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,037,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Stay on the site as long as you want. Deleting and recreating your profile every few months seems pointless.
I agreed.

I block a guy on one profile and the when he recreates, I think he is new and it is like sifting through the trash for a second time.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:46 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,145,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I agreed.

I block a guy on one profile and the when he recreates, I think he is new and it is like sifting through the trash for a second time.
If no contact was made the first time around what good is your blocking going to do the second time around?

I'd assume he wasn't interested the first time around and never will be. IMO fresh cow pies are more tastier to the flies.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:48 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Humans don't have a "shelf life" no matter what the situation.
If you don't like your profile or you are not getting the results you want get off the dating sites or try a different one.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
If no contact was made the first time around what good is your blocking going to do the second time around?

I'd assume he wasn't interested the first time around and never will be. IMO fresh cow pies are more tastier to the flies.
What I am saying, is if we chatted with the first profile, I decided he was a dud and blocked. Then the next time he starts a new profile he shows back up in my matches.

I have actually talked to the same guys multiple times for this reason. A new profile does not make them suddenly a catch..

Old 10-29-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Humans don't have a "shelf life" no matter what the situation.
If you don't like your profile or you are not getting the results you want get off the dating sites or try a different one.
I feel like I am in to deep to quit now. Maybe the next contact will be the winner.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:34 AM

234 posts, read 328,018 times
Some people get addicted to the process of being on a dating website, and forget the reason they r there.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:38 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:

I think so. Three months at a pop, then go inactive for a month or so.

Deleting a profile entirely and starting over from scratch has one advantage, though: You show up as "who's new" and as a woman, I can say that if there is one thing men like, it's a woman who's "new." That's why, when I relocate, I will delete my OKC profile entirely, even though it means giving up flagmod privileges. When I move, I want to work the whole, "new chick in town" angle.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:36 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,085 times
Depends where you live and your gender. Decent looking women in most (not all) large metro areas can park on Match forever and continue to get fresh validation messages daily. If you are a male living in Fargo, your plan sounds about right, I am guessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships