Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:13 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times

Advertisements

I still get so shy around good looking women, and though Ive done my best to break the fears, but its been unsuccessful and I come across as a complete creep . I don't want people to think of me as a sociopath. In fact, I do have interests like hiking, cooking, rail fanning, and generally do communicate with most people quite reasonably, but add a layer of feminine beauty and I start crapping out. Why does this happen ? Its been the same old story for a while now, and I'm getting sick of it. Please, I need to change. This is very bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 09:18 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
How do you know you come across as a creep? Do you do the hiking, cooking, etc.? How do you get along with the women in those activities? Ease yourself into it by exchanging pleasantries with the women at work and in whatever your extra group activities are. Just get used to a simple exchange. "How was your weekend?" That sort of thing. Get comfortable doing that even with women you're attracted to. Once it becomes second nature, kick it up a notch. Take your time.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:21 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
Ok, first calm down. You seem to be all over the place. What exactly have you gotten yourself into that you need to change? What is going on in your life that you need to change?

Old 10-29-2014, 09:25 PM

596 posts, read 627,530 times
Adi can you give us a little bit more info on what's been leading you to think this way? Did something happen recently?

I'm just not sure anyone can offer you any advice at the moment because only you're aware of the relationships and events happening in your life.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Do you do the hiking, cooking, etc.? .
Here is proof that I do hike & cook:

Top of the Catskills:

Schezwan Pan fried Tofu Rice:

Old 10-29-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
Adi can you give us a little bit more info on what's been leading you to think this way? Did something happen recently?

I'm just not sure anyone can offer you any advice at the moment because only you're aware of the relationships and events happening in your life.
Its hormonal, I have been experiencing sudden swings in my sex drive, which lead to creepy, uncommon reactions. I try to control them, as much as possible, but right now its beyond my reach. I know something is wrong, and its a mix of psychological effects triggering impulses on my hormones .

Old 10-29-2014, 09:40 PM

83 posts, read 79,590 times
You are supposed to be shy around attractive women and if you are shooting out of your league, no amount of cooking rice-like substances and hiking will save you.

I read a study about shyness and the jist of it was to stop thinking about how the other person is perceiving you whilst talking to them. That is actually a selfish behavior. (not saying you are a bad person) Put yourself in a mindset of truly being interested in the other person as a whole being rather than an object of your lurid secretions.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:44 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
You really need professional help overcoming your female phobia/s.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizdum View Post
You are supposed to be shy around attractive women and if you are shooting out of your league, no amount of cooking rice-like substances and hiking will save you.

I read a study about shyness and the jist of it was to stop thinking about how the other person is perceiving you whilst talking to them. That is actually a selfish behavior. (not saying you are a bad person) Put yourself in a mindset of truly being interested in the other person as a whole being rather than an object of your lurid secretions.
The issue is, I need a way to show that I'm actually not a bad person. If I can make the attractive women (in my eyes) understand my true self like anyone else, then all is good. I never believed my hormones would react so vigorously. This is the first time I am going through this feeling.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:04 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Join a hiking club. Go on singles hikes. Get used to the female energy. If it's too intense, hang out with the dudes on the hike. It's like fear of flying--you ease yourself back into the environment in order to conquer the fear.

See if there's a vegetarian cooking class anywhere in your area. Looks like you could use one. You'll meet women, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships