Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 02:56 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times

Advertisements

How old is her son? To me, she already shirked a lot of parental responsibility by spending every weekend with you for a month when you just started dating instead of spending it with her son. Now she is probably feeling guilty and is trying to make up for it by devoting a week to her son. I can't begin to guess whether she is serious with you but the given her age and situation, I'm thinking she is an impulsive person who follows her passions. Expect a wild ride with this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 07:03 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
How old is her son? To me, she already shirked a lot of parental responsibility by spending every weekend with you for a month when you just started dating instead of spending it with her son. Now she is probably feeling guilty and is trying to make up for it by devoting a week to her son. I can't begin to guess whether she is serious with you but the given her age and situation, I'm thinking she is an impulsive person who follows her passions. Expect a wild ride with this one.
...seems he's already had a "wild ride" and it may be about to end...

Old 10-31-2014, 09:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earfy View Post

So my question is what is really going on? Does she actually need this week off to spend with her son and everything after will be normal again?

Thank You.
Call her and have this discussion. Or better yet, have the conversation in person.

[and if it's over, it's over]

Old 11-01-2014, 04:55 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Most women want to talk to their boyfriends.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:08 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Most women want to talk to their boyfriends.
ellie is right,,in fact its quite an understatement

something aint right...when a woman is quiet/silent

don't get impatient.....

let her get back in touch with you, and don't be a dick about it..

she may have some crosses to bear you don't know of..

you cant get all impatient when you have absolutely no commitment to her

Old 11-01-2014, 09:41 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Man, even if there are reasonable explanations for some of this, I'd still say it's time to upgrade.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:01 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
For a 26 year old guy, you shouldn't be getting upset over a girl you don't really know all that well not wishing you happy birthday. Sounds like she have bigger issues or problems going on to drop you out of the picture for a week and not even want to talk to you by phone but text only. After barely a month, you are not in a position to really question her about her personal matters dealing with her son, you can only take what she tells you about what is going on and leave it at that. I would just cut my losses and move on, that could also be a sign of more to come .

Old 11-01-2014, 10:33 AM

7 posts, read 7,041 times
I'm wondering if I should text her after this week is over or give her call to see whats up? The text she sent me that Sunday night was "Hey I need to focus on my son and I can't do that when I'm with you every weekend, I'm sorry. Then she told me that she is going to bed early everyday this week.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:56 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Sounds like you need to give her a call and have a serious discussion of the status of your relationship and where exactly you stand with her, also be open to doing things with her that you can include her son in your plans.

I remember when I turned 18 on November 17, 1981 the girl I was dating at the time did not spend the day with me because it was the day Luke and Laura got married on General Hospital, that spoke volumes about how low of a priority I was to her.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Sounds like you need to give her a call and have a serious discussion of the status of your relationship and where exactly you stand with her, also be open to doing things with her that you can include her son in your plans.

I remember when I turned 18 on November 17, 1981 the girl I was dating at the time did not spend the day with me because it was the day Luke and Laura got married on General Hospital, that spoke volumes about how low of a priority I was to her.
Dude, come on! This was pre-VCR's.

That was THE television event of the decade, watched by about a billion people lol.

I would have cut her some slack and not taken it so personally. Couldn't you just have celebrated later in the evening?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships