Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 11:37 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
What is sounds like is normal human behavior. If you think this is "sociopathic" you yourself have a lot of growing up to do.
sociopath
[soh-see-uh-path, soh-shee-] Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun, Psychiatry.
a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Actually - this is pretty much exactly sociopathic behavior.

Quote:
Nobody (well, few people) would have "bought" that gay marriage was a good idea fifty years ago. The popularity of an idea is not a good indicator of whether it has validity or not.
Gay marriage is about love between 2 people. You are talking about lying and cheating. There is no valid comparison here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 11:47 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
My ex

Old 11-01-2014, 12:01 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Can't agree with someone who thinks that THEY deserve a monogamous relationship but their "partner" doesn't - of course, what they don't know won't hurt them...cuz he's gonna use a condom EVERY SINGLE TIME....haha

Old 11-01-2014, 12:34 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
What you--and everyone else that argues this--doesn't seem to understand is that my argument DOES take the other person into account. What you're proposing doesn't, IMO, work out very often. If it does, then why doesn't anyone here put their money where their mouth is and say they'd be okay with it??

And empathy works both ways. It's not showing empathy for the OP to tell him to do something which will effectively be a nonstarter.
I am. Find someone likeminded, and don't be a lying cheater. It's not easy.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:56 PM

393 posts, read 466,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
sociopath
[soh-see-uh-path, soh-shee-] Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
noun, Psychiatry.
a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Actually - this is pretty much exactly sociopathic behavior.

Gay marriage is about love between 2 people. You are talking about lying and cheating. There is no valid comparison here.
You completely miss the point. First of all, I don't see how saying being honest about wanting to have other people is not likely to work well is "antisocial" or "lacking in moral responsibility." On the contrary, I find the unwillingness of those here to even address whether what I'm saying is true to be cowardly, and itself lacking in responsibility.

And regarding gay marriage, my whole point was that whether most people accept an idea is irrelevant to whether it is right or not. 50 years ago, most people definitely wouldn't have thought gay marriage was about "love between two people." If there was a C-D board then, whoever suggested it would have been answered by one poster after another talking about how supposedly "unnatural" homosexuality is and how God says marriage is only about one man and one woman. Heck, there are enough people even today that spout that nonsense.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I am. Find someone likeminded, and don't be a lying cheater. It's not easy.
"likeminded" shows the problem with your thinking. It's not a matter of the mind, it's a matter of feelings. Most people are far too jealous to accept what the OP is saying. Framing it as a matter of honesty is a means to claim the moral high ground, because it's very hard to do that if you say "I don't like this because I'm jealous."

Old 11-01-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
You completely miss the point. First of all, I don't see how saying being honest about wanting to have other people is not likely to work well is "antisocial" or "lacking in moral responsibility." On the contrary, I find the unwillingness of those here to even address whether what I'm saying is true to be cowardly, and itself lacking in responsibility.

And regarding gay marriage, my whole point was that whether most people accept an idea is irrelevant to whether it is right or not. 50 years ago, most people definitely wouldn't have thought gay marriage was about "love between two people." If there was a C-D board then, whoever suggested it would have been answered by one poster after another talking about how supposedly "unnatural" homosexuality is and how God says marriage is only about one man and one woman. Heck, there are enough people even today that spout that nonsense.
Like I said, nobody is buying what you are selling.

Gay marriage is about love. Love is good for society. Lying and cheating are not good for society. Sorry - having no moral values is never going to be seen as a good thing.

And you are not promoting being honest about wanting other people. You are promoting lying and cheating. As you always do. And as always, nobody agrees with you. Please just let it go.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:03 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:

Gay marriage is about love. Love is good for society. Lying and cheating are not good for society. Sorry - having no moral values is never going to be seen as a good thing.

And you are not promoting being honest about wanting other people. You are promoting lying and cheating. As you always do. And as always, nobody agrees with you. Please just let it go.
LOL... got another poster exclaiming that the sky is green and expecting the masses to buy it... LOL... there are actually a few posters on here that peddle nonsense wrapped in faux pseudo intellectual arguments.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Like I said, it doesn't matter. You and others are simply spouting the same old song--how exactly is lying necessarily a bad thing anyway? And "cheating" is breaking an agreement--people break all kinds of agreements all the time without being condemned for it.

I have voiced my opinion in response to the OP, not to argue with a bunch of closed-minded people who will not be convinced anyway.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Like I said, it doesn't matter. You and others are simply spouting the same old song--how exactly is lying necessarily a bad thing anyway? And "cheating" is breaking an agreement--people break all kinds of agreements all the time without being condemned for it.

I have voiced my opinion in response to the OP, not to argue with a bunch of closed-minded people who will not be convinced anyway.
If you think not lying and not cheating is closed minded - then I am happy to be closed minded. By the way - I had an open relationship with one of my boyfriends for awhile. We were honest about it and agreed to it. But I guess since I didn't just cheat on him and lie about it - I'm closed minded. That's fine with me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships