Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,499 times

Advertisements

Which gets best results? Your thoughts......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 11:41 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,101 times
My best relationship happened with someone asking me for my number. That's just an anecdote, not a valid statistic.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:42 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Definitely asking for hers. No question about it.

1) If she likes your looks, then she might call you first, but she'll still be responsive to your initiating too.

2) If she's a maybe, then she won't call you, so you have to initiate.

3) If she's a no, then if you give her your number or get it and call her, it's crickets either way.

Those are the only 3 scenarios there are.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:11 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,813,955 times
Ideally I always like to end with at least a "kiss close". No doubt what the intention is, less talk and more action. The sooner I can establish physical and intellectual intimacy, the more control I have over where I want the relationship to go.

When I cannot for whatever reason kiss or perceive it as inappropriate for the situation, I've had success with giving out my business card and telling the woman to text or call me her number. If I see that I am having an engaging conversation with a receptive woman enjoying my company, I end in on a high note, suggest an activity that we could pursue on a future occasion, and hand her my card; asking her to text or call me her number so we can go out.

If she is interested, she texts or calls me her number. If she is not, then she doesn't. Saves me time.

Now there have been one or two weak-willed women who despite being interested in me (validated by common social circles), did not text/call me because they were under the belief that only the man is supposed to do that. Or they are sloths because they are used to men vying for their attention and think that they are "above" contacting others first. I don't want to hang out with someone so weak-willed that they cannot conceptualize anything out of the heteronormative or are not assertive/confident enough to continue so I consider it dodging a bullet. I'm done playing that game despite my record

Old 12-16-2013, 01:38 AM

458 posts, read 644,794 times
I think the phone game is one of the most depressing aspects of dating.
The entire process is really just a test of patience & respect.

Never give out your number and expect a call in return. It doesn't work like this.
Get her number, and then call her. 98% of the time guaranteed you will get her voicemail when you dial her number.
Leave your number in the message for her to call you back.
DO NOT CALL AGAIN! This is a test right here.
Move on to the 2nd test:
Keep the conversation short & brief. The longer you talk to her on the phone, the more respect you'll lose.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,924,278 times
It's always situational; but I would say that getting her number is usually better.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:31 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,180,768 times
There is a whole scene in the movie "He's just not into you" dedicated to this very thing. They exchange phone numbers and he says something then walks away and she chases him down and starts picking it apart as to who was going to call who.

I looked for the clip but I can't find it.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:50 AM

61,676 posts, read 87,060,489 times
Or maybe ... this?

or this?

http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s2476016.htm

Last edited by elnina; 12-16-2013 at 02:58 AM..

Old 12-16-2013, 07:32 AM

236 posts, read 232,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSloan View Post
I think the phone game is one of the most depressing aspects of dating.
The entire process is really just a test of patience & respect.

Never give out your number and expect a call in return. It doesn't work like this.
Get her number, and then call her. 98% of the time guaranteed you will get her voicemail when you dial her number.
Leave your number in the message for her to call you back.
DO NOT CALL AGAIN! This is a test right here.
Move on to the 2nd test:
Keep the conversation short & brief. The longer you talk to her on the phone, the more respect you'll lose.
This is a good post. Giving her your number will rarely, if ever, result in anything. You have to obtain hers or your just p*ssing in the wind.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:58 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,947,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
If you're a guy then give her your number.

Give her time to think you over where you might get a call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships