Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 07:39 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Sometimes accept that they're right. We aren't THAT hard to figure out.

[]
Thank you for answering my question.

No, you Men are not that hard to figure out.
I like to listen and learn from that.

But its hard to when some Women chime in and speak for Men.
Some Women drown it out!

That's my Topic

Old 11-02-2014, 08:17 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,860,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You refer to fellow ladies but your profile shows you as male?

I notice on CD that when women are specifically asked a question, the majority of responses in that thread will be from guys and that they'll be arguing against the women's replies, saying that women don't know what they want, don't know their own minds, must be lying. So no, I don't think one gender has a monopoly on trying to speak for the other.

And just for fun, look up the word mansplaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43;
I have to admit, I'm starting to think the poster is actually a guy. Internet drag.
OP's profile originally said he was male, now he's changed it to say "female".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta;
I do have to say its been interesting seeing how SOME of the females whom have Posted here....
It's only some of the C-D men who use the word "females" instead of "women". .....just sayin'

And btw, it's "some of the females who have posted here..." Not "whom".

Old 11-02-2014, 08:21 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,467 times
My man, who also happens to be my husband, often asks me to handle details of his life for him. For instance, he often asks me to book his business/travel plans for him, or make appointments for him. I'll admit that I often play a supporting role in his life, more-so than the other way around. For example, I know what medications he is taking and why. But I don't think he has any idea what medications, if any, I'm taking or why. I don't think that's unusual.

I also wanted to point out, because no one has made this point yet, is that the western world is still, by far, a white male dominated, patriarchal world. People who are not white males, tend to observe white males and pay a lot more attention to them than the other way around. Pick up a newspaper: In my local newspaper today, there are a lot of political news and 90% of the candidates are men. The business section is filled with news about companies being run mostly by white men. Etc. etc.

Servants know a lot more about their masters, than the masters know about their servants.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:28 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I can guarantee you if you were speaking to my husband and ignoring my answers if he had not already told you to ask his wife (me) he would be doing so very soon.
He does not deal with any of the legal side of anything, he signs it and I maintain things and that is how he likes it whether you like it or not so in our case you would have to suck it up and learn how to deal with your frustrations because it is your issue alone, not ours.

Another thing, if you ever told me "to shut the hell up" it would not go well at all because my Husband does not for any reason tolerate anyone speaking to his wife (me) like that.

For the record, I find your attitude quite rude frankly and more than likely a formal complaint would be filed against you with your superiors by my Husband because he cannot stand women with an attitude like yours.
See? Here you are coming with all this attitude when you didn't even take the time to read what I actually wrote. I never said that when husbands tell me to address their wives I ignore their wife. I said specifically that when I am addressing the husband when he is trying to talk to me himself, she will interrupt and answer the questions when he and I are having a conversation. not once have men told me to refer to their wives. When the paperwork is in the wife's name I address her, when the paperwork is in the husband's name I address him.

I have never told a customer to shut the hell up. I said that I am thinking that when anyone is talking to me when I'm not talking to them. it doesn't matter to me who it is. I am simply pointing out that I have observed that it is women who do it the most.

I don't care who it is. Husband wife, friend whoever.if your name isn't on the paperwork you are not getting addressed until I am authorized to do so.

I provide excellent customer service. And our customers love me. So do my supervisors so you accusing me of having a nasty attitude doesn't fly. I handle my business at work and I do it well and I get the accolades to prove it.

before you call yourself trying to check me go back and read what I wrote you obviously didn't read it.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:39 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted posts have been deleted).

[OP,]Some of the women here are speaking about their husbands because those are the men they're closest to, and the women here on C-D generally speak from experience. So they're talking about their experiences and explaining in what kind of situations they'll speak for their man. Husbands are men. So that's their way of addressing the topic.

The reason they're not addressing your narrowly-defined topic of women professing to know male psychology is that the women here don't do that. If you look around on one of the other threads currently active, you'll see which group of members here claims to know the opposite sex's psychology better than members of that sex do, themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer;
Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. Of course they (women) will try to deny it and spew a bunch of platitudes and and high minded BS to throw you off balance and try to make you think you don't know what you know. They're just doing this because they have their own agenda that is fundamentally at odds with yours.
Case in point.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-02-2014 at 10:01 PM..

Old 11-02-2014, 09:19 PM

44,346 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Opening post is not about romantic relationships and is therefore off-topic for this forum. Consequently, it's now closed. Numerous off-topic posts and personal attacks have been deleted as well.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-02-2014 at 10:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships