Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 11:38 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
That's what I meant too.I asked the guys out that were too shy or didn't know when to ask.Later they made plans to go out, go dancing, movies, bowling, museums, to a restaurant, etc.
No - that's still not what I meant. This guys weren't too shy or anything. I'll try to be more specific. The guy that I asked out that gave the speech - it was at this big event during college. He was giving a speech and I was singing with some other musical theatre majors. We talked a little big backstage - not necessarily one on one - with a group of people. But his speech really moved me - so I tracked him down via email (it was the only way to get a hold of him) - and asked him if he would like to go out sometime. It wasn't that he was shy or that he wouldn't have made the first move - it was that we really didn't talk for more than a few minutes - it was his speech that made me want to go out with him. He remembered me and thought I was attractive - he was totally up for meeting me - and perhaps if we had actually talked for more than a couple of minutes in a group of people, he might have asked me out first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 11:47 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
Women like men who have the courage to go after what they like, not men who are all into themselves, which is a weak trait, and expect women to go after them.
^This.

OP, it's probably that she's waiting for YOU to make the move. Why would you expect a girl to fall all over you and do all the work? She's probably not giving you her best because you're not giving her your best.

Step up.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:48 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Let's say a woman is gazing at you all day (in public), you make eye contact with her a few times, you get to know her a little bit in general conversation, but then you notice that she is ultra shy, she wants to talk to you, but she doesn't make direct contact. How do you respond?

For me, this is a turn off. Sure, I could easily go over to her and initiate everything, but I prefer it when a woman has the courage to go after what she likes. Timid, shy personalities to me are a weak trait.

1) a woman doesnt gaze a a guy all day.. that would be "creep" behavior (when men do this they are a "creepy stalker"; well unless they are cute then he's just a shy cutiepie)

2) if you know someone is "ultra shy" why would you expect them to do anything other than "gaze" at you?

3) you can "prefer" whatever you want but that doesnt mean it will happen that way...in fact situations/scenarios never play out how one "prefers" when we are talking man-woman relationships you just have to work with whatever situation presents itself

Old 11-02-2014, 11:49 AM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,733,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
^This.

OP, it's probably that she's waiting for YOU to make the move. Why would you expect a girl to fall all over you and do all the work? She's probably not giving you her best because you're not giving her your best.

Step up.
Could be the case, perhaps I'm just not that interested in this one, but something about her makes me want to.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:51 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
Well then don't date shy people, it's really simple.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:57 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Could be the case, perhaps I'm just not that interested in this one, but something about her makes me want to.
Well give it a try and see where life takes you.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:04 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,100 times
I would likely feel her out a while, talking with her and if the good vibes continued I'd ask her if she'd like to go out sometime. When I was younger, I probably would have been too nervous to do anything and done nothing. One day I'm sure some of you younger guys will come to the realization that you can't live your life in fear and just go for it. Seriously, would you rather risk getting turned down or wondering what might have happened if you had asked?

Old 11-02-2014, 12:07 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
So what's the problem?

Old 11-02-2014, 12:40 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,354 times
Quote:
What is it about her that has you intrigued?

Old 11-02-2014, 12:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
This. It's always worth a try with shy women. There can be a lot of kindness and intelligence below that shy exterior. And some women are only shy with strangers. Once you get to know them, they can be a lot of fun.
yep, get them going and they can be like mount vesuvious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships