Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2014, 08:01 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,176,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
I think the description for each range is fairly accurate.
yeah, it's pretty spot on TBH.

sad lol

Old 11-03-2014, 08:33 AM

5,802 posts, read 11,844,451 times
Between ages 15 and 40, I was in the "just good looking" category. And I used to complain. But since then (I 'm 55 now), I fell in the "average" category, and , believe me, there is a big difference. I didn't realize I had it so good back then, until I lost a good deal of my looks, due to natural aging!

Old 11-03-2014, 08:44 AM

51,976 posts, read 52,426,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Between ages 15 and 40, I was in the "just good looking" category. And I used to complain. But since then (I 'm 55 now), I fell in the "average" category, and , believe me, there is a big difference. I didn't realize I had it so good back then, until I lost a good deal of my looks, due to natural aging!
That's a similar story for me, when I was younger and growing up I was always complimented on my looks, women seemed to like me and I didn't hardly have to chase after the ladies... not bragging just saying, but now at 45 I can tell those days are behind me. I have a lot of sleep issues and the lack of rest is showing up on my face, plus with natural aging and packing on some extra weight didn't help matter much either.

But... it is what it is... It also sort of forces your personality to shine more.. which can be a good thing... I have a SIL that was considered a hottie when she was younger, now she's mid 50's put on a few pounds, and just doesn't have it like she did back in the day... her problem is is that she doesn't have a personality at all... she comes off kind of dim witted at times and a little baffoonish too. She was always a major attention ***** too... so it adds a little extra sting for her I'm sure that she's not garnering attention like she used to.

Wisdom of age and the prettiness of youth... seems like never two shall meet....

Old 11-03-2014, 08:51 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,711,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Wisdom of age and the prettiness of youth... seems like never two shall meet....
Youth is wasted on the young that's for sure.

When I was young I was a Linda Ronstadt look alike and guys always had the hots for me. I squandered it all on a guy who I was obsessed with, who in turn used me for my puppy dog adoration. Luckily for me he wasn't possessive and at least I got to play around a bit.

Now I'm almost 51, the days of my beauty and vitality long gone. To quote Mr Mellencamp;

'oh yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of living has gone'

Old 11-03-2014, 09:07 AM

30,696 posts, read 21,825,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Youth is wasted on the young that's for sure.

When I was young I was a Linda Ronstadt look alike and guys always had the hots for me. I squandered it all on a guy who I was obsessed with, who in turn used me for my puppy dog adoration. Luckily for me he wasn't possessive and at least I got to play around a bit.

Now I'm almost 51, the days of my beauty and vitality long gone. To quote Mr Mellencamp;

'oh yeah life goes on, long after the thrill of living has gone'
"I squandered it all on a guy"
Squandered? Does that mean you would go back and change it?

"the days of my beauty and vitality long gone."
I highly doubt that.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:16 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,334,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
A friend of mine sent this to me. I think it's pretty accurate. What do you all think?
I've been approached by female models. I am certainly not a 10. I have self confidence and I'm not a bad looking guy, but I'm not Brad Pitt

Old 11-03-2014, 09:51 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,056,669 times
Didn't read all 20 pages but one thing left out of all this is the bank account of the male in question.

If a guy rated as a 1,2, 3 on the attractiveness scale has millions in the bank then he will always be able to get attention from attractive women, at least a certain segment of them commonly known as gold diggers.

Conversely, don't know if many level headed women would find a good looking dude who is penniless and living with his parents at age 30 a "catch".

Old 11-03-2014, 10:08 AM

5,191 posts, read 4,644,271 times
This scale is only useful for men who like to gauge their self worth based on the attractiveness of the women around their arms. I think you'll find if you derive personal value from something external like money or a good looking girlfriend, you will always feel somewhat empty.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:21 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,347,860 times
I've never used a scale when it come to assessing a man's attractiveness. It was simply "He's sexy, handsome, etc." or "He's good-looking." Never, "he's a 7, so he'll do."

When I saw my husband's profile photo I immediately thought "Very handsome with a great smile."

Old 11-03-2014, 10:21 AM

102,110 posts, read 107,284,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Most people are not psychologically damaged.

So what you're saying is that to be a 10, a person needs to be extremely good-looking and sane. Most people are sane.
You'd be surprised. "Sane" is one thing, but neurotic is another. The two aren't mutually exclusive. And there are a lot of people walking around who are casualties of emotionally distant or abusive parents, or other unresolved trauma in their lives. Take yourself, for example. You're not alone. There are a lot of people out there who have issues that get in the way of having successful relationships, or any relationships at all. Many blame it on factors beyond their control, and from there, some become angry and bitter, and flock to angry internet blogs that just feed the flames.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships