Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 03:37 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
I mentioned that because supposedly (based on the scale you posted) if you're hit on by gay men you're in the 8-9 range. I also posted several things that I have experienced that would put me in several other ranges. The point I was trying to make is that based on my experiences I could be 0-9. So, kind of pointless really.
Gay men don't make "strong moves" on me. They may tell my friends that I'm hot though. However, I am not exposed to many gay men to know for sure ("fairly often" meaning on the few occasions that I'm exposed to them, I may get hit on).

Also, as previously stated, I'm a small guy so I'm thinking that they think that I would make a good fem or something.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:38 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,311,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Yeah, but wouldn't it bother you to know that that woman allowed better-looking men to date her with far less effort and, only because those men treated her poorly, she settled down with you?

Well, it bothers me.

I'd rather have someone in my league that values me than someone much better looking than me that settled for me. So that's why I only hit on women in my league. Even that doesn't work a good portion of the time.
Op I originally disagreed with you but I do agree with this. I would hate to be the guy some girl "just settled for". But honestly I have alot of guy friends of varying attractivness and I have come to the conclusion that its all about how you approach a girl. I have a short friend (5'5) about average looking and he dates imo very attractive women sometimes even taller than him. I also have a guy friend who alot of women would consider "hot"....this guy strikes out alot mostly because he tries too hard. I'm not saying attractiveness for women doesn't matter but I think they use a different "scale" than men do. I wouldn't know where I am on this scale nor do I care. I approach who I approach and if I get rejected....on to the next one...life goes on.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:40 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Yes, Orlando Bloom is objectively attractive.
I don't find him attractive normally, but like me some Legolas.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-02-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I don't really understand this. Or rather - I don't understand it but not the spin you put on it. Personally, personality greatly influences how attractive I find someone. Now, a person's looks are DEFINITELY going to change. A person's personality is less likely to do so. If my husband's personality changed - we might have a problem. His looks changing? No biggie.

And this is why I don't really understand why any of this matters. A woman is going to see you how she is going to see you. She is either going to be attracted to you or she isn't. She is either going to like your personality or she isn't. Deciding where you fit on some number scale isn't going to change any of that.
It matters in the sense that you know who you should be going after and who you shouldn't. It also matters in whether or not you should just give up and not even bother because you are too unattractive.

I'd say a guy that is 4 or below should just stop trying because he will get so few women, and will get such disrespect from the women that he does get, that it's not even worth it.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:44 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
It matters in the sense that you know who you should be going after and who you shouldn't. It also matters in whether or not you should just give up and not even bother because you are too unattractive.

I'd say a guy that is 4 or below should just stop trying because he will get so few women, and will get such disrespect from the women that he does get, that it's not even worth it.
Well, if ugly people didn't procreate there would be no ugly people anymore. They would have been bred out.

I see lots of unattractive people in relationships. But if your theories make you feel better.... carry on.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-02-2014, 03:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:

This is just a bunch of BS. You should go after who you are attracted to. You stated before that you would have a big problem with being the guy that some woman "settled" for - yet you are basically saying that you are only going to go after women that you would be "settling" for because you aren't attractive enough to get the women you are really attracted to. My ex boyfriend is 5'6", not very built, has a big nose - but is one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet. EVERYONE loves him. I was his first long term girlfriend. All of his girlfriends have been beautiful, smart, and talented. His wife is taller than him and very attractive. But I guess he should have consulted this "scale" before deciding who he should go for. And by the way - I found him very attractive when I was dating him.

I would be offended if I found out that some guy was only going for me because he thought I was just attractive enough. You want someone to think you're hot stuff? Well, so does the woman who has a relationship with you.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:48 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I will always picture him as an older Orlando now.lol!
LOL.. well, I'm a few yrs older than Orlando and I don't have blonde hair like his character had.......

Mrs. Chow put a pic of me in her profile, you can't see my face, but you can see the long flowing locks... LOL...... so If you're friends with her you can see the ol chowster's head... LOL....

Old 11-02-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
This is just a bunch of BS. You should go after who you are attracted to. You stated before that you would have a big problem with being the guy that some woman "settled" for - yet you are basically saying that you are only going to go after women that you would be "settling" for because you aren't attractive enough to get the women you are really attracted to. My ex boyfriend is 5'6", not very built, has a big nose - but is one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet. EVERYONE loves him. I was his first long term girlfriend. All of his girlfriends have been beautiful, smart, and talented. His wife is taller than him and very attractive. But I guess he should have consulted this "scale" before deciding who he should go for. And by the way - I found him very attractive when I was dating him.

I would be offended if I found out that some guy was only going for me because he thought I was just attractive enough. You want someone to think you're hot stuff? Well, so does the woman who has a relationship with you.
I never said that I don't find women in my league attractive. I certainly do. But I also find women out of my league attractive, but I don't go for them because there's no point.

Also, you basically said that your ex is able to make up for his lack of physical issues by being very funny and very charismatic. He has to compensate. If this is his natural personality, then good for him. If not, do you think that he will be able to keep it up long-term? Probably not.

Old 11-02-2014, 03:52 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, if ugly people didn't procreate there would be no ugly people anymore. They would have been bred out.
Worked for Iceland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I see lots of unattractive people in relationships. But if your theories make you feel better.... carry on.
Seriously, though. This. ^^^^

Old 11-02-2014, 03:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
I never said that I don't find women in my league attractive. I certainly do. But I also find women out of my league attractive, but I don't go for them because there's no point.

Also, you basically said that your ex is able to make up for his lack of physical issues by being very funny and very charismatic. He has to compensate. If this is his natural personality, then good for him. If not, do you think that he will be able to keep it up long-term? Probably not.
Of course this is his natural personality. My point isn't that he has to make up for anything. My point is that people are more than just a number. A number isn't attractive. A person is. And a person is made up of more than just their outer shell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.