Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 09:06 PM

3 posts, read 1,866 times

Advertisements

Yeah idk if this is the right place for a high school student to be posting, but here I go

So last year, I told a girl that I liked her... and just before this school year started, she said that she couldn't handle any relationships. So now we are just friends, maybe not even that, since I never see her anymore, because high school is a big place, and I dont have any classes with her.
Honestly, I don't know what I am supposed to be thinking. I still like her, to the point I really don't want to feel attracted to anyone else. But I did say that I respected her decision to not have relationships until later. I recently sent her an email, just to see when her birthday was, since I did say that I would get her one, as a friend, not a BF. Naturally, its been 3 days, and i am 95% sure she isn't responding on purpose, or maybe the address is abandoned.

Im havent actually been hanging around her much, since Im not really a social person, but over the summer, we had some casual email chats, and summers almost over, and I see her irl, and... there we go

As I said, I don't see her around much, and even though she said she doesn't want any sort of relationship, I still like her to where I can't make myself like another person. Should I try and find her personally, and if I should, what should I say, or should I try and forget everything and find myself another crush? Or I can send another email...

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 09:09 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Hi, Pi.

Talking to people keep working on it. It was after I graduated HS that things started to click.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Just be friends find another gal that wants to date you.And do your hw! Look at colleges! Heck find a chick in college.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:23 PM

3 posts, read 1,866 times
I do all my homework. Some people say I care too much about my schoolwork.
I have some problems with finding another girl though...

Old 11-05-2014, 10:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.1415 View Post
Yeah idk if this is the right place for a high school student to be posting, but here I go

So last year, I told a girl that I liked her... and just before this school year started, she said that she couldn't handle any relationships. So now we are just friends, maybe not even that, since I never see her anymore, because high school is a big place, and I dont have any classes with her.
Honestly, I don't know what I am supposed to be thinking. I still like her, to the point I really don't want to feel attracted to anyone else. But I did say that I respected her decision to not have relationships until later. I recently sent her an email, just to see when her birthday was, since I did say that I would get her one, as a friend, not a BF. Naturally, its been 3 days, and i am 95% sure she isn't responding on purpose, or maybe the address is abandoned.

Im havent actually been hanging around her much, since Im not really a social person, but over the summer, we had some casual email chats, and summers almost over, and I see her irl, and... there we go

As I said, I don't see her around much, and even though she said she doesn't want any sort of relationship, I still like her to where I can't make myself like another person. Should I try and find her personally, and if I should, what should I say, or should I try and forget everything and find myself another crush? Or I can send another email...

thanks
Look honey, let me let you in a something...when a girl likes a guy she is NEVER unable "to handle a relationship".

The sad truth is, what she said to you was just a nice way of letting you down. She didn't want to hurt your feelings because she probably thinks you are a really nice guy. But being a nice guy can't make up for lack of chemistry between two people. I know this is a disappointment for you and not what you want to hear, but she is simply not interested in a relationship with you.

Branch out to find some new friends - take up a good workout routine and try to think of other things. This too shall pass.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:00 PM

105 posts, read 115,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Look honey, let me let you in a something...when a girl likes a guy she is NEVER unable "to handle a relationship".

The sad truth is, what she said to you was just a nice way of letting you down. She didn't want to hurt your feelings because she probably thinks you are a really nice guy. But being a nice guy can't make up for lack of chemistry between two people. I know this is a disappointment for you and not what you want to hear, but she is simply not interested in a relationship with you.

Branch out to find some new friends - take up a good workout routine and try to think of other things. This too shall pass.

I agree, you can be as nice as Tom Hanks and so hot as Channing Tatum and still not win the heart of a gal that you are into if the chemistry is not there.
But at least you should be thankful that she didn't lead you on.
Cheer up, you will get over this and meet someone, after all you still in high school, things will be different when you get to college, to the real world!

Old 11-05-2014, 11:35 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Forget about her and move on. Don't send another email, don't do anything. You will meet a lot more women in your life (some that actually have the same feelings for you) and she will fade from your memory believe me, I know this from experience. It's hard when you really like someone and it's not returned. You need to just put her out of your mind. Focus on other activities.

Last edited by david0966; 11-06-2014 at 12:03 AM..

Old 11-06-2014, 03:17 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,306 times
Are you sure that she hasn't a boyfriend?

Old 11-06-2014, 05:09 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,417 times
Invite her to do things as a friend.

Go to the movies, go for ice cream, or a soda, something like that, don't make any advances. Just study her behavior.

Sometimes women are between relationships and want a time off. Sometimes they are still cryin' over a boyfriend, and undecided, just give her the time.

But the most important thing is: HAVE OPTIONS! Even as a female friends, maybe not GF material but be kind to all women, attractive and not so attractive, that "ugly duck" can turn into a swan after high school and if you are kind to her, she will remember you. It happens...very often. Also keep in mind that having female friends gives you more choices, that "nerdy girl" can introduce you to the "love of your life" and you may not know it yet.

There you go, young padawan! Remember love is stronger than fixation or infatuation.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:00 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
It's easy to build a pretend relationship in our mind and believe that just because we like someone they'll like us in return.

Let it ride and focus on your schoolwork, having fun with friends, etc., just keep busy.

Don't contact her again, let it go. If she were interested you would have heard from her by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships