Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 10:14 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minoviayyo View Post
so there is fear/apprehension I will become a stud WHEN I get knowledge....
What?
WHO is afraid of WHAT when you become this stud?

Are you still in high school?

Old 11-07-2014, 10:14 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Because it's wrong to condemn people or even accuse them of such... i don't see not being forthcoming on a Web forum means one has a condition...or is even a symptom the many of professionals would agree on (as a tangent I don't think many of them understand the real world anyhow...)

Her selective insistence on who is bad for having supposed conditions is laughable, but meh....
Stop with the "meh" thing... it's annoying. You aren't flippant or you would not be upset by this.

That repeated affectation alone, if transferred to your conversations with face-to-face humans, would drive them all away.

No. She was suggesting that people might not be easy to "teach" how to socialize IF they're on the autism spectrum. And I agree.

Doesn't mean you are, but the way you got riled now has me wondered.

And there's nothing in the world wrong with being autistic or Aspergers. Nothing. I know some brilliant people who are on the spectrum.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:16 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Sorry dude....you can say "smile!" or "read books!" or what have you, but it's not true... most people in high schools don't give a **** about reading books, and most don't smile or say hello to strangers or people generally. but they get on, and are told of life by their peers, families, teachers, nay society at large...i think people who disagree don't really get how youngsters behave..

i simply want in...i don't give a damn who gets offended at that...i think the real reason is because some women of family who were set up for me on b'days, have said i'm big and spread it around to other women....so there is fear/apprehension I will become a stud WHEN I get knowledge....

That would be MRS. Dude to you and honestly you don't want help you want to complain because the Universe has made your life one big pile of stepped on poo.

Knock yourself out and trust me until you decide to make the changes and quit having a tantrum like a 2 year old your life will not change.

So your life, your choices, your excuse why you can't do something and as I said before......carry on..

Old 11-07-2014, 10:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
You don't know me, nor what I am...even if i did, i doubt this is a symptom...

and nice selective condemnation of people having conditions...wow, do YOU have good social skills?
My daughter is autistic, with drastically stunted social development, and I know several kids and adults with Aspergers through her. It's not a condemnation. Aspies frequently do not "get" social nuances like facial expression, tone of voice, physical cues, gestures, and other types of nonverbal communication. They may not "get" humor, sarcasm, irony, or things that are not literal or concrete. A frequent frustration for Aspies is that other people naturally understand these things while they do not.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:18 AM

136 posts, read 118,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Soooo...
you don't care?
But you do, or you would not have posted. And you would not keep coming back to post.

And since you already " just get what the hell I want in life", you must already possess that secret knowledge you swear is being withheld from you!

No, you're not making sense.

you all don't know me and accuse me of being autistic. then you say to be nice, and then don't respond when told not all high school people are nice and get by.....

Sorry, but I don't think this conversation is getting far:

- There is knowledge that is hidden from me....for reasons I've stated

- If people wish to be malicious for no real reason by denying me knowledge the many have, then I don't care.....I do my own thing and get what I want regardless....

- If professionals wish to section me and selectively condemn me for not saying "hello" to everybody I see, then so be it......if you allow your children or even strangers who are high schoolers, don't pick on me...i know the scene of how things play out...

- I'm not bothered if you don't like this post, there's no reason to pay attention as it's just strangers...however, I'm not really bothered if I don't know "my life place"...to me, humans determined our own place, and you cannot selectively pathologise that belief either.....

Old 11-07-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
meh....i think that's too idealised.....I don't/didn't see many high school people do it in this way...it MUST be hidden knowledge...
Nope. It's not.

High school is like shooting fish in a barrel. You're all there anyway, so you might as well date someone you see every day.

You have more opportunities to let people get to know you, so they can overlook the fact that you don't brush your hair very often or you wear clothes with holes in them.

Personality gets you further in high school than pretty much anything else. The more friends you have and/or the better your personality, the more likely you are to get dates.

The adult world isn't like that. You have to make a good impression the first time. You rarely get another opportunity to correct a faulty first impression.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:21 AM

136 posts, read 118,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My daughter is autistic, with drastically stunted social development, and I know several kids and adults with Aspergers through her. It's not a condemnation. Aspies frequently do not "get" social nuances like facial expression, tone of voice, physical cues, gestures, and other types of nonverbal communication. They may not "get" humor, sarcasm, irony, or things that are not literal or concrete. A frequent frustration for Aspies is that other people naturally understand these things while they do not.

Sorry, I "get jokes and facial expressions....." I cannot recall a time in my life when I never have...nor has anybody I know well and has known me well ever said I don't......

but OK, go ahead and say mocking the autistic (even supposed) is socially wrong, but selectively condemn me for such...haha...wow, President, Congress and Supreme Court rolled into one, you are....

Old 11-07-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I "get jokes and facial expressions....." I cannot recall a time in my life when I never have...nor has anybody I know well and has known me well ever said I don't......

but OK, go ahead and say mocking the autistic (even supposed) is socially wrong, but selectively condemn me for such...haha...wow, President, Congress and Supreme Court rolled into one, you are....
Nobody mocked you. This is just getting ridiculous.

Thread closed. The OP already has this all figured out, apparently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships