Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, would you date a 28 old man with no dating experience?
Yes 26 50.98%
No 25 49.02%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 12:02 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Varma View Post
I know women like to gossip ...
This is a stereotype, and kinda putting the cart before the horse.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:04 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Virginity itself isn't so much an issue as perhaps the qualities that surround the virginity. A guy doesn't have to walk around with a scarlet "V" on his chest, but if he's awkward, unsocial, not fun to be around, not confident, etc., then yeah, that's going to affect whether a lot of women are going to want to date him.
Exactly. A guy who reaches that age without even the slightest emotional or physical intimacy with women is likely to have some serious issues with fear, anxiety, misogyny, asexuality, douchiness, developmental delays or something of that nature.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:15 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Another area where men and women are different. Men view 28 year old virgins as a rare flower that he was lucky enough to find. Women view a 28 year old virgin as a mutated flower that has something wrong with it.

This all goes back to the Alpha vs Beta male thing. A 28 year old virgin in 99% of the cases isn't an Alpha male. Women gravitate toward men that exhibit Alpha male characteristics and virginity isn't one of them.

As the saying goes, Alpha fooks vs the Beta's bucks. Men that women want to have sex with or men that would be a good provider.
I generally agree with your post, but if I met a 28 year old virgin female I would wonder about her, just like a woman with a guy.

You are correct though the double standards that live in this forum are so classic and ironic.

Old 11-09-2014, 12:58 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,618,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Varma View Post
By the way for you ladies out there, if you did ended up dating a guy who you later found out was a virgin, would you tell your friends and family about it? I know women like to gossip and I'm wondering how many people will likely find out if end up dating and hopefully having sex.
I wasn't going to reply to this post, but I am. I'm a 25 year old female who would love to find someone inexperienced. And no, I wouldn't tell anyone because I feel like what is done behind closed doors is between the two people and no one else (unless there is a crime of course). Your sex life is private - it's no one else's business.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:09 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Virginity itself isn't so much an issue as perhaps the qualities that surround the virginity. A guy doesn't have to walk around with a scarlet "V" on his chest, but if he's awkward, unsocial, not fun to be around, not confident, etc., then yeah, that's going to affect whether a lot of women are going to want to date him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Exactly. A guy who reaches that age without even the slightest emotional or physical intimacy with women is likely to have some serious issues with fear, anxiety, misogyny, asexuality, douchiness, developmental delays or something of that nature.
I agree. I just can't help but think there is something wrong with you if you haven't got your crap together to have some experience by the time you're 28. I would never get involved with someone so stunted.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:11 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
It just seems so odd to me to be a 28 yr old virgin. If you're doing it on purpose that is one thing, but to never have had sex by that age assuming you're trying just strikes me as odd.... I'm trying to not be judgy about it, but damn... seems weird to me...but whatever....

Old 11-09-2014, 01:19 PM

Well, I'm asexual... so I know I don't really want to date... but the OP shouldn't worry... he'll find someone.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:20 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Well, I'm asexual... so I know I don't really want to date... but the OP shouldn't worry... he'll find someone.
Interesting...yet so many of your posts have been about men you are interested in...

Old 11-09-2014, 01:23 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corijei View Post
Apparently a lot of women. I read a lot of these type of post on different sites. It usually rang from

No because..
-I don't want to teach.
-If he's that old and haven't had sex, somethings wrong with him.
-I can understand not having sex, but not kissing? Somethings wrong with him.
-It's weird.
-I need someone with experience.

etc, etc...
Meh I don't think like that anymore.

It really is no one's business but those two people if they decide to be exclusive. I believe everyone is an individual. My definition of normal is: not hurting anyone...abnormal to me is harming someone in ALL senses of the word. Some people don't fall in love as soon as others, or just want to jump in the sack like others just to get it over with etc. People come into things in their own time.

My point is, if they are not bothering you or harming themselves, then it's not a problem. I'm not so closed minded to think that "just because everyone else is doing it....I have to do it too." That's just ridiculous and can lead to bigger problems.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Interesting...yet so many of your posts have been about men you are interested in...
Asexual doesn't mean you don't think people are cute... you can have crushes... they just don't involve sex. I have a lot of crushes, but I would NEVER date any of them. And I never push to date any of them. Unless with an asexual man... most men want intimacy of some sort. I don't, so I avoid. They usually end up as friends if they're not creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships