Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, would you date a 28 old man with no dating experience?
Yes 26 50.98%
No 25 49.02%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 03:03 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It just seems so odd to me to be a 28 yr old virgin. If you're doing it on purpose that is one thing, but to never have had sex by that age assuming you're trying just strikes me as odd.... I'm trying to not be judgy about it, but damn... seems weird to me...but whatever....
I'm turning 24 in a couple of days, and I'm a virgin. It happens. Although, I think by this time next year, I'll no longer be a virgin.

If you have social and/or sexual anxiety, that can basically cause it.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:12 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,424 times
If you wanna get laid, shoot Howard Stern an email and tell him your sad story. I bet he could get a woman, or two, or few to make you a "man."

Old 11-09-2014, 03:15 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,984 times
No, because I'm a 20 year-old virgin and the age gap is too big (in my opinion). Yes, if I were 24+.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:25 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times
I voted the nay..... I prefer someone experienced and at least in their mid-30's. to the OP, I got you beat. I lost mine at 29

Old 11-09-2014, 06:17 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I'm turning 24 in a couple of days, and I'm a virgin. It happens. Although, I think by this time next year, I'll no longer be a virgin.

I suppose in all fairness there could be a whole slew of reasons, such a you've listed.

I was 15 when I lost mine and I felt 'old' at the time for being 15. My buddies were 14 I believe.

In retrospect that shows how dumb you are when you're 15, or at least how dumb I was to think that 15 is old... I see 15 yr old kids now and they practically look like infants to me...... LOL...

It's all relative. I know a 90 yr old guy and he said that people in their 40's seem like teenagers to him....LOL....

Old 11-09-2014, 06:27 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,097,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Varma View Post
Unfortunately for me it's come to this. I'm 28 and a virgin. I've never even kissed a girl or been on a date. So I guess I was wondering how many of you ladies would date a guy like me? Somebody my age who you knew hadn't experienced these things? I know it's weird but would it prevent you from dating a guy like me?
I think you really need to disregard if you have had sex or not and consider the very simple fact that "no"... obviously most girls would not date you, going by your record because not a single girl has dated you in the past. There's a reason behind that and you might need to look into it further.

I'm saying this from one introverted socially inept person to... apparently, another.

The only reason you haven't had sex is because you haven't taken step 1: talk to a girl that you like...

Step 2... 3... 4... or 100 might finally be 'have sex with her' but that's not the point... focus on step 1.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:33 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

This isn't true, at least when it comes to general reason or a root reason. Major factor that makes you abstain is generally related to values that are instilled into you as a young person and a teenager as well. I know this is the case with me. For some reason, people always equate it with religion. I am not religious and neither was I raised in a religious family. My parents aren't religious either and neither are my brothers who were raised in the same home with me. However, we still share the same values instilled into us. You don't instill these values through empty talk or threats with hell and stuff like that, but by the way you reason and behave. I don't question whether people like me are more likely to come from strongly religious families or not, I'm just stating some facts that lots of places don't involve religion and yet they have certain way or reasoning and operating.

It's really naive to argue that social anxiety or this or that causes you to be virgin. If you are one of the types who base their lives to revolve around hitting on women, no matter what kind of a loser you are - you'll get laid. It only depends if it's going to happen this week or within the next six months. Besides, prostitution may be illegal but it's almost on every corner and if you're seeking after that, you'll always find a way to "connect".

Old 11-10-2014, 08:45 AM

17 posts, read 54,313 times

Old 11-10-2014, 09:18 AM

938 posts, read 1,514,981 times
Semi-off-topic:

Is it possible for a woman to be a 28-year old virgin without actively trying to be, like intentionally pushing away interested men or locking herself in at home? My sister tells me that a woman doesn't need any social skills whatsoever to lose her virginity, not that this is a good thing because "loose" women are seen as sluts.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:35 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
Semi-off-topic:

Is it possible for a woman to be a 28-year old virgin without actively trying to be, like intentionally pushing away interested men or locking herself in at home? My sister tells me that a woman doesn't need any social skills whatsoever to lose her virginity, not that this is a good thing because "loose" women are seen as sluts.
That's true, but there's things to consider. Some women don't want to have sex outside of an exclusive relationship, or without emotional connection 1st. Sex is easy to come by, for men and woman, a good relationship or emotional connection, is not.

Then also sure it is easy for a woman to get sex from any sloppy guy. But chances of being attracted to said guy, and/or that he'll care enough to give her good sex isn't easy or a sure thing. Then losing virginity can be uncomfortable or painful for some women, and a guy has to care enough not to hurt her, or rush.

For hookups, very few people will want a virgin they have to go slow with and look out for. They just wanna have a fun time with someone who has done everything already. Unless the other person is a virgin too and they wanna practice on each other lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships