Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ladies, would you date a 28 old man with no dating experience?
Yes 26 50.98%
No 25 49.02%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 06:29 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,155 times

Advertisements

Stop making such a big deal out of your virginity, P.Varma and SharpshooterTom. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. Maybe it's easier said than done, but try to put your inexperience out of your mind and just live your life, get out there and chat casually with all kinds of women and people in general. Keep it simple, have zero expectations, clear your mind and take it a step at a time. While it's true that many women prefer to date a man who's already had a relationship or two and is past his "sow his wild oats" phase...a relaxed, fun and confident guy is going to attract positive attention from some women regardless of whether he has experience or doesn't.

It is the WHY(s) behind the lack of dates and sexual experience that really matters and is probably what's holding you back. And it is those reasons that others are sensing...likely long before they find out that you're a virgin (if they find out at all). Heck, they probably detect one or more of issues the very first time you two meet. Chances are, those reasons by themselves have zero direct connection with sex or lack thereof...they are merely strong contributing factors that lead to a byproduct of inexperience with women. Have you even asked out a woman?

Old 11-11-2014, 06:16 AM

17 posts, read 54,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Have you even asked out a woman?
Believe it or not I have. In one case I just got a direct rejection. A flat out no. In the other case she said sure but always cancelled at the last minute. So there you go.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:53 AM

837 posts, read 960,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Varma View Post
Believe it or not I have. In one case I just got a direct rejection. A flat out no. In the other case she said sure but always cancelled at the last minute. So there you go.
You and every other guy. Rejection is normal and healthy. The majority of men know how to take it not let it crush them. The fact that you feel like throwing the towel in after 2 rejections is a sign of a deeper self-confidence issue. But instead of asking what you could have done differently in the case of the woman who initially agreed, you're blaming it on irrelevant details (your virginity).

Your attitude is what's going to keep women far away from you. Not your virginity.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:19 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
You and every other guy. Rejection is normal and healthy. The majority of men know how to take it not let it crush them. The fact that you feel like throwing the towel in after 2 rejections is a sign of a deeper self-confidence issue. But instead of asking what you could have done differently in the case of the woman who initially agreed, you're blaming it on irrelevant details (your virginity).

Your attitude is what's going to keep women far away from you. Not your virginity.
Yep. It's hard, but that's life as a guy. You will be rejected a LOT. Like, a TON. There's a few ways to deal with it, but "giving up" is only an option if you're willing to accept the consequences, which will be "staying single"...because women sure as hell won't be asking you out. Not that there's anything wrong with staying single, but if your objective is the opposite..then you're in trouble.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:31 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Yep. It's hard, but that's life as a guy. You will be rejected a LOT. Like, a TON. There's a few ways to deal with it, but "giving up" is only an option if you're willing to accept the consequences, which will be "staying single"...because women sure as hell won't be asking you out. Not that there's anything wrong with staying single, but if your objective is the opposite..then you're in trouble.
Very true. I was rejected about a half dozen times before I got a first date. It's really hard when you're young, I know I initially took it personally and it can really lower self confidence. This is just like riding a bike, you fall get up and do it again.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:36 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Varma View Post
You have only asked out two women, in 28 years?

Being introverted is really holding you back. What are you doing about it?

Old 11-11-2014, 08:48 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
OP, you should consider yourself very lucky indeed to have the option of an arranged marriage. There are probably thousands of guys who are in your position, introverted and unable to get a date, who would kill for the opportunity of having their parents get them a woman. If you haven't gotten over your insecurities with women by 30, then take the option for goodness sake.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:20 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
OP, you should consider yourself very lucky indeed to have the option of an arranged marriage. There are probably thousands of guys who are in your position, introverted and unable to get a date, who would kill for the opportunity of having their parents get them a sex receptacle. If you haven't gotten over your insecurities with women by 30, then take the option for goodness sake.
fixed for the OP.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:43 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
fixed for the OP.
<snort>

Old 11-27-2014, 02:55 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,464 times
Wow the poll results are shocking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships