Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 10:14 AM

2,775 posts, read 3,757,953 times

Advertisements

Hey guys. This is a duplicate of the one I posted in the Pregnancy forum that will probably receive zero hits so I decided to post it here too.

Ok. So Wednesday my girlfriend/fiancé took a home preg test. All came out positive. We are happy and excited! Today she meets with her doctor for the official test results. I will be going with, however, she has asked me to remain in the lobby while she takes and receives the test results. I am a bit hurt by her decision. I want to be there for the results! I asked her why, and she said there are private questions to ask the doctor and would rather I wait in the lobby. I want to keep pushing her, because I feel that I need to be there, in the room, while the doctor gives the results. Am I expecting too much? Do I just respect her wishes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 10:20 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
She wants you to stay in the lobby so stay in the lobby and do not pressure her about what private questions she asked the Doctor. Whatever questions she has are between her and her physician and should remain that way until she chooses to tell you.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:25 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
Hey guys. This is a duplicate of the one I posted in the Pregnancy forum that will probably receive zero hits so I decided to post it here too.

Ok. So Wednesday my girlfriend/fiancé took a home preg test. All came out positive. We are happy and excited! Today she meets with her doctor for the official test results. I will be going with, however, she has asked me to remain in the lobby while she takes and receives the test results. I am a bit hurt by her decision. I want to be there for the results! I asked her why, and she said there are private questions to ask the doctor and would rather I wait in the lobby. I want to keep pushing her, because I feel that I need to be there, in the room, while the doctor gives the results. Am I expecting too much? Do I just respect her wishes?
Yes, I think you should just respect her wishes.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:26 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Not to disrepect your finaceé, but go in that room. She might be trying to terminate the pregnancy, that is the only reason she would not want you in there. Married couples do not do this kind of stuff. There is nothing private that she shouldn't share with you, unless she is hiding something (potential abortion/possible other baby daddy)

Old 11-07-2014, 10:29 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Not to disrepect your finaceé, but go in that room. She might be trying to terminate the pregnancy, that is the only reason she would not want you in there. Married couples do not do this kind of stuff. There is nothing private that she shouldn't share with you, unless she is hiding something (potential abortion/possible other baby daddy)
They are not married and some women do not want their boyfriends or any other male in the room during the physical exam for pregnancy and there are plenty of Married women who do not allow their husband's in the room when have a pap smear.

FYI: One cannot tell who the father of the fetus is just from a physical exam and most doctor's do not do abortions in their regular office since it is an actual surgical procedure.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:31 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
They are not married and some women do not want their boyfriends or any other male in the room during the physical exam for pregnancy and there are plenty of Married women who do not allow their husband's in the room when have a pap smear.
Well to each his own, but this is disrespectful in my eyes, especially if she plans to spend the rest of her life with him. If it was just a gyno exam, whatever; but for official life changing news such as a baby, NOPE. He has every right to be in that room.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:31 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

FYI: One cannot tell who the father of the fetus is just from a physical exam and most doctor's do not do abortions in their regular office since it is an actual surgical procedure.
^^ This.
My ex always took me to the ob/gyn exams, but he waited in the lobby. I have a lot of questions to ask my doctor, it is kind of embarrassing to share these with a boyfriend.

I think op shouldn't take this so personally. It perhaps has nothing to do with him.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:36 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post

Not sure what "private questions" she has for the doctor. Is she shy or reserved? You can't force her to allow you in the room for the results. You certainly can't be in the room for gyno visits/tests. I've never had a doctor allow anyone in the examining room with me. If she doesn't want anyone there, then respect her wishes.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
^^ This.
My ex always took me to the ob/gyn exams, but he waited in the lobby. I have a lot of questions to ask my doctor, it is kind of embarrassing to share these with a boyfriend.

I think op shouldn't take this so personally. It perhaps has nothing to do with him.
I shouldn't take it personally, but I want to be there. I want us both to be in the same room when we hear an official pregnancy result. I just feel so left out. I am not scared she will try to terminate, but at the least,allow me to be in the same room when the doc gives us the news. I will leave when the test results are given. That is all I want.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Not sure what "private questions" she has for the doctor. Is she shy or reserved? You can't force her to allow you in the room for the results. You certainly can't be in the room for gyno visits/tests. I've never had a doctor allow anyone in the examining room with me. If she doesn't want anyone there, then respect her wishes.
I was with my ex for over a decade, and during that time, I was present for nearly every gyno visit. Wasn't my decision, but my ex's. I don't know what type of "private questions " she wants to ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships