Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 07:48 AM

37,614 posts, read 45,996,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
you understand now why a man would be confused

some chicks have date/sex rules

some chicks you can kiss them shortly after "hanging out" with them no date involved

some chicks get mad when you dont try to kiss them
I don't think not wanting to kiss a stranger on the very first date should be confusing at ALL. You don't do yourself any favors to think that every chick is a loose one. You would do far better to assume that they are the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 08:02 AM

881 posts, read 2,253,830 times
I've never had a guy ask. Men I've gone out with have been able to read my body language to know if I would be open to it. IME men usually do other gestures to gauge your response before they would kiss. Things like holding hands, put their arm around you, lean closer etc.

Not saying I would totally be disinterested if a guy did but I understand how it could come across as awkward or lame.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:21 AM

393 posts, read 466,576 times
I'd be very turned off by someone asking permission to kiss me. It certainly is the antithesis of the "alpha male," that's for sure.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:38 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
As a guy it is important to read the situation. It's not very hard if a woman is inviting herself to open up to sexual connection. The first date definitely not, it is a feeling out period. I will go in for the kill once I sense blood (but not that kind of blood).

Old 11-08-2014, 10:03 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
I've had dates ask, and I thought it was sweet. In fact, my current boyfriend asked.

But, as with many things, how you say it is as important as what you say. If he had sounded whiny, it would have been a big turn off.

We had gone for a walk after our meal, we were standing on a small bridge over a small creek bed, we were talking, he took off his sunglasses and said "Can I kiss you?". It did not come across as weak or insecure at all.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:40 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't think not wanting to kiss a stranger on the very first date should be confusing at ALL. You don't do yourself any favors to think that every chick is a loose one. You would do far better to assume that they are the opposite.
Hopefully I'm with a guy who can read the signs....if I want you to kiss me, you should know it without me having to tell you it's okay. If a guy can't tell, to me there's no reason to go further, because he's not going to be perceptive enough to be a good lover anyway, in my experience. I don't have patience for timidity in dating. IMO the guy should have been escalating with things like eye contact, holding my hand briefly across the table, and seeing how I am reacting and responding.... the kiss shouldn't come out of nowhere, the date should be leading to it. If she's rejecting the lead-ins. then don't go for the kiss, if she responds by returning eye contact, turning her eyes down briefly, smiling...then keep escalating and go for the kiss at the end. To me, most of seduction and desire building happens on a non-verbal level, and discussing it ruins the vibe.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:03 PM

14 posts, read 23,536 times
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Sounds like I need to read her body language and let that guide my decision.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:18 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettype View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Sounds like I need to read her body language and let that guide my decision.
There's nothing wrong with that, and also nothing wrong with pulling her towards you and saying, "Come here ...," then kissing her.

It helps if you're both affectionate and flirty throughout the date.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:24 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,417 times
Nothin' like goin' with the flow...

Old 11-08-2014, 04:43 PM

596 posts, read 627,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettype View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
Nothin' like goin' with the flow...
And there's nothing wrong with asking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships