Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,036 times

Advertisements

Please give me a post on what you think. I'm 17 and there's this girl I have a big crush on. My prime issue here is that I'm struggling to tell what facial/body language is going on and my other segment of the issue is that I only see her as frequently as bumping into her.

I've only really ever said hello to her. She seems a bit shy and I feel like I've maybe given away signals of anxiety and liking her, I have little idea of what she thinks about me. Conversations don't really begin anywhere because we only really laugh and smile at each other. I find it hard to brake the ice when I remember some of the mistakes I made when talking to other new people and startling them which I'm trying my best not to repeat.

I didn't adore her prettiness at a first straight glance, she was in one of my subjects briefly. She'd often turn right round in class to look at me while I talked which she eventually stopped doing and made a couple of funny jokes about a couple of mistakes I made. I'd often laugh and say "Whoops, scuse me" if I left something behind when I made eye contact.

The first time I introduced myself to her was at the bus stop, she seemed really happy but shy at the same time like she was excited I was talking to her and was quickly looking for a distraction to avoid eye contact, she went off to sit down on a bench after telling me her name.

A pretty unfortunate moment came when a different girl asked me out in the cafeteria which the girl I fancied was also sitting in. I said I needed to time to decide and ended up showing her I wasn't interested. Of course the girl I had a crush on may not have seen any of this and her eye contact was my imagination.

After the teacher discouraged a load of pupils (including myself) about a third of the class dropped out of the subject including her, so I didn't really see much of her after that. Two weeks later I saw her standing with a couple of friends and said hello remembering her name from the previous weeks, she turned round and gave me a warm smile which made my day.

The following day I was at the bus stop the same time by coincidence, a friend talked (shouted) to me from the other side of the road and I suddenly saw her sitting back with her earphones in. Until it was time to get on the public bus we didn't approach each other even then, when we caught a slight eye contact she sounded as though she said a faint hello which I wasn't sure if it was directed at me but I said a faint hello back (as I felt a little anxious to start a conversation). Apart from that we pretty much ignored each other, she went to the top deck and I stayed on the bottom as i did not want to give the impression I was pursuing her. She coincidentally gets off the same stop as I did and I felt a little dumb to hurry off onto my path without saying a goodbye. I was very annoyed by my failure to make use of a good opportunity.

I said hi as I passed her on my way back home another day but she couldn't hear me as she was listening to music and looking at her phone.

I mean I'm not at all trying to sound overly nitpicky or obsessed, I'm just interested and would like to perhaps get to know her as a friend. I find it hard to be friends in my other classes which are mostly boys because they're so immature and make vulgar jokes about women. I want to be the modest confident guy who has many likeable features, regards women well and hangs out with friends who are also mature which I think is the type of guy most girls like.

Thank's for reading my scenario and I look forward to your advice! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 04:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaine View Post
I felt a little dumb to hurry off onto my path without saying a goodbye. I was very annoyed by my failure to make use of a good opportunity.
Well, you did miss a chance here ^^^.

Just don't let it happen again. All you can do is try to talk to her when you are alone. Say hi and see if you can walk and talk with her a bit. Get to know her. Then after a while you can ask her on a proper date.

What country do you live in?

Old 11-10-2014, 12:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Well, you did miss a chance here ^^^.

Just don't let it happen again. All you can do is try to talk to her when you are alone. Say hi and see if you can walk and talk with her a bit. Get to know her. Then after a while you can ask her on a proper date.

What country do you live in?
England ^^

Old 11-10-2014, 04:27 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,306 times
The girl thinks: "Why is he so insecure?"
No offense.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:37 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
You're at the age when people haven't built up a ton of emotional armor, at least the innocent ones. Why not just go tell her how you really feel? It's your best bet to finding out how she really feels.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:55 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaine View Post
England ^^
Dang, do you know I suddenly picture your scenario with lots of brit accents in my imagination, LOL. I LOOOOVE brit accents I can't stress that enough.

Like hello with brit accents and all that, LOL.

The girl you're crushing on seems a loner though. Perfect opportunity really to pounce errr pursue her. I mean like no distractions like posse hovering over her, know what I'm sayin? Good luck.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:02 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
What do you admire about her?

Old 11-10-2014, 03:08 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,417 times
Invite her to do something...coffee, the "eye of London", a museum, a movie...find out what she likes.

"The key to a woman's heart is surprise" but a good one, of course.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:20 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Here you go. Say this: "Look, that was awkward at the bus stop the other day, because I wanted to invite you for coffee and kind of lost my nerve. So I'm trying again. How about coffee?"

There you go. You've just explained it in a way she will likely find endearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships